PDA

View Full Version : Mosconi-Lassiter-Breit-Moore photos now available

BillPorter
04-30-2006, 09:50 AM
OK, this is my last upload for the day....Some nice B&W photos by Mike Haines, done in 1987. I believe the locale was San Antonio, TX. Take a look: http://billporter.smugmug.com/gallery/1414086

Rich R.
04-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Great pictures Bill.

Purely out of photographers curiosity, can you tell me what equipment, in general, and film you were using for all of the pictures you have on your web site.

If you don't remember, that is fine. I have trouble remembering yesterday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BillPorter
04-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Rich,

For the galleries with photos by Mike Haines, I can't tell you anything about the equipment/film used. For the Derby City Classic (2005), I used a Panasonic FZ20 digital camera with a 12X optical zoom and a monopod. I recall manually setting a white balance. For these DCC shots, you can get all the camera setting details by clicking on "exif" which you will find below most of the photos. For the gallery of shots from the 1986 Clyde Childress tournament, I was using an Olympus SLR and Tri-X film pushed to 800. The three lens I used were 50mm, 135mm, and 200mm. Almost all of these shots were at 1/30 of a second and with a wide-open aperature. I am most satistied with these shots from the Childress tourney as I had been trying for a couple of years to take decent photos at pool tournaments and finally succeeded. Hope this helps.

Rich R.
04-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks Bill. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif