PDA

View Full Version : NFL draft

sack316
05-01-2006, 02:06 AM
didn't see a thread for this yet... and amazingly enough this isn't a post about Bush (either one... lol). Actually some exciting news for the hometown here, as a friend of mine was a second round pick for the Saints. Roman Harper was a buddy of mine I went to high school with (he was a year or two behind me). Anyway, he was a football/basketball player, and I was the baseball player. But we both kept in shape by running Cross Country and Track. I was lucky to get to know him during this time, and he's a great kid! His Dad is a coach at the school, and I must say they are a fine and hard working family. Glad to see a buddy of mine make the big time and that his hard work and dedication are going to pay off.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that real quick... feel free to insert any other draft related thoughts! Personally one of mine is that Jay Cutler was one of the steals of the draft. I know he's gotten to be the "combine sweetheart" to all the analists, but being from the south I get to watch a ton of his SEC games, and I think he will translate to a wonderful quarterback in the NFL. He's got the arm and accuracy over a Young or Leinart, and what he lacks in speed he makes up for in brains (we was a Vandy grad after all!).

Sack

pooltchr
05-01-2006, 06:59 AM
I heard that there was a record number in the first round from the ACC...3 from NC State alone.
I didn't get all the results, but I like the fact that the Panthers picked up a running back in the first round...a little help for Foster for next year.
Steve