PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Metro

Midnightgold
05-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi all
its been a longggggg time since i posted here, but with advice needed i knew it to be the one stop shop /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

At last im ready to purchace a new table, in Australia we are limited as "American" tables are not easily found..
i was able to source a brunswick supplier down here though..
Price for Gold Crown 4 was $13 k australian..
sorta outa my league to be honest..
he has on sale though the Brunswick Metro.supplied installed , and Centennial Cloth and Centennial balls for $7500 australian dollars.If anyone has had any experience with this table any info would be very much appreciated.
Link to the table
http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/brunswick_collection/tables/competition/metro.html
. black tho with platinum cloth.

andrew
05-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Come down to Melbourne, we have a few games on one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Terry
05-02-2006, 03:58 AM
They used the Brunswick Metro tables at the 2005 world juniors in Austria and they looked like they played just fine. The tables are a little different to look at because of the bowed rails around the side pockets, that makes bridging off the rails near the middle of the table a little different because you have so much rail there. I was a team leader there and not a player so I didn't play on the tables except to hit a few balls and the table seemed fine. I'm not so sure I like the look of the metro with the bowed side rails but you might. BTW, The 2006 world juniors will be played in Sydney, Australia. Good Luck, Terry

Midnightgold
05-03-2006, 06:56 AM
TY for the replies guys..
i think ill be takeing the plunge on the purchase.. if i get down to melb ill certaindly be lookin out for a game (major prac required first tho)
Thanks terry for your input, can you give me some more info on the junior w/c when and where if will be held..
thanks again..

Terry
05-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Although i've not been informed, according to the WPA site, the world junior's will be held from Nov.20-24 2006 at Rooty Hill RSL Club, Sydney Australia. It has been my experience that the dates can change a bit as the tournament gets closer but still leave the representatives time to make travel arrangements. Last year in Austria, Australia was represented by Michael Lupton and Thomas Mitchell. Lupton held his own placing 13-16 and he also represented Australia the year before in Adelaide although I don't know how he did and I can't find that information at the moment although I have it here somewhere. I talked to Lupton in Adelaide as well as Austria and he seems like a very nice young fellow and i'm sure he told me what part of Australia he's from but i'm after forgetting. Good Luck with your new table, i'm sure you will enjoy it. Terry

Midnightgold
05-03-2006, 03:02 PM
thanks for that terry,
im a lucky guy, rooty hill rsl only bour 20 mins from where i live,, that'll be a date marked in the diary..we might even catch up for a beer /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
catcha

yegon
05-03-2006, 11:48 PM
I have this table at home and it plays great. The world 9ball championships were played on these tables for the last couple of years, so I think they should be as good as the gold crowns that were used prior to that.

I also like the modern look /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One thing though, the pockets are pretty forgiving (too much in my opinion - and the same applies for the gold crowns). I would consider shimming them. I will do so when I change the cloth. I actually got a document from brunswick that shows how to shim the pockets to meet the world 9bal championships standards, but my dealer was unable to do it because they did not have the proper sized pocket facings that were needed.

rocky
05-04-2006, 12:36 PM
We had one of the new Metro's at our booth at the trade show. It was very impressive. In order to keep from having to shim the pockets, Brunswick is actually manufacturing a longer rail that comes out over the facing or trim of the pocket.