PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For The Support ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

runout1961
05-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I was going through the archives and I came across a subject that I posted 3.5 years ago announcing that I was going into the military. At the time I did not understand how much of an impact it actually has to a military person as I do now.

At that time I did not know anyone from this thread. I was just poking around looking for some pool instruction. But now that I have been in the Air Force for a few years, been to the sandbox a couple of times and about to go again(for a year), I would just like to extend my thanks and appreciation to all those who support the forces of the great United States.

No matter what branch of service you are in, what you're rank is or how much of a tough guy you think you are, when we hear how much our fellow Americans supports us it really make the time worth while.

Thank You, John

PoolSharkAllen
05-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey John, it is we who thank you for all you do in defending our country!

nAz
05-03-2006, 01:04 AM
John don't forget it is only the republicans that support you and your fellow soldier!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Be safe and sorry that i did not get to spend time with you at VF... I know you were too busy winning $$ at the pit /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
05-03-2006, 04:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote runout1961:</font><hr> No matter what branch of service you are in, what you're rank is or how much of a tough guy you think you are, when we hear how much our fellow Americans supports us it really make the time worth while. <hr /></blockquote>
John, I hope your year goes quickly and safely.

However any of us feel about this war, don't doubt, for a minute, our support for you and the other troops.

We look forward to your return.

Stay safe.

Lester
05-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Got this in an email, sounds like a good idea. Know that the American People support our troops.

Red Fridays - This is not a political statement - it's a personal statement

----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority." We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or overbearing. Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday--and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that... Every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear something red. By word of mouth, press, TV

-- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on. The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?"

We need your support and your prayers. Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear something red every Friday.

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

dg-in-centralpa
05-03-2006, 06:25 AM
Take care and I'm sorry we didn't get to have a few beers while at VF.

DG

CarolNYC
05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey John,
Please forgive me for forgetting to mention you at SBE-you are a real dear-and handsome,too, if I may add-and its ALL YOU who we owe thanks to-so THANK YOU!
God Bless!
Carol

runout1961
05-09-2006, 02:05 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey John,
Please forgive me for forgetting to mention you at SBE-you are a real dear-and handsome,too, if I may add-and its ALL YOU who we owe thanks to-so THANK YOU!
God Bless!
Carol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank You Carol, I'm just glad I was able to recieve one of your legendary hugs!!!!!