PDA

View Full Version : IPT pre qualifier

nineball
05-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows of anyplace holding an IPT pre qualifier near the Kansas City Area?, Please let me know of any you might know of within driving distance.

Thanks
Nineball

Billy_Bob
05-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Here is the list of qualifiers. Is this the same as a "pre qualifier"?

http://www.internationalpooltour.com/ipt_content/event_qualifiers/na_06_open_default.asp

nineball
05-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Actually it is not. A pre qualifier is a tournament held so that the winner can earn enough money or entry for the IPT qualifiers. Thanks for your input though.

Nineball

Billy_Bob
05-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Well that is what we need around here (pre-qualifiers).

Is there any information about holding IPT pre-qualifiers on the IPT web site? There are a couple of pool halls around here with 9 ft. tables which currently hold 9-ball tournaments, but no 8-ball tournaments.

I would be happy to pass on information and encourage them to hold pre-qualifier tournaments if someone could give me the information to copy and give them. I don't think they are on the internet.

Basically all the 8-ball tournaments around here are on 7 ft. bar tables. I would think everyone would want to be playing a few 8-ball tournaments on 9 ft. tables?

nineball
05-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi! Theres a little talk about holding IPT pre qualifiers on IPTs website, If you listen to Kevins announcements he mentions holding pre qualifiers in your hometown , Just ask your local pool hall to host one, I don`t really know if IPT rules are to be used or not but anyone can hold one . You can even host one in your own home if you have a table. Its simply a way to help people enter the qualifiers by helping them get the money for the entry if they win a pre qualifier thats paying 500 or 1000 dollars to the winner. If you Look On IPTs website I`m sure its mentioned there.

$50 entry x 20 = 1000
100 entry x 10 = 1000

Your local tournament director or anyone holding an event can set the entry fee!. Nineball