PDA

View Full Version : House Hunting

wolfdancer
05-03-2006, 11:44 AM
I live in a "developement" which is a euphemism for small lots, and between the many curbside basketball hoops, and the 7 yr olds on motorized vehicles, circling the blocks, I gotta move.
I need some land, and some peace and quiet....so yesterday I checked out a property for sale
...a "good ole boy, Harley" is selling his acre
It's a nice piece of property...a creek near the edge, currently almost dried up...and a 30 ft shop that he thinks can be converted
into a home.Not sure what I can do with the two "barn doors" though. There's well water, which currently has an odor and discoloration, and no septic...he uses a porto-potty.
Ole Harley wants to get out of Dodge, like real quick, and don't want to wait fer no bank loan to be approved....but if I can give him
$40k down, that would be OK...$120k is all he's asking for this dream deal. He's also not sure where the property line ends...thinks
maybe a neighbors house might be partly on his lot.
He needs an answer today, because he's thinking of spending the $$ already, my $$.
Well, sad to say, I'm passing up this sweet "God's Little Acre" although I'd trust ole Harley to send me the deed from Oklahoma, or Arkansas, wherever....I have some concerns about the water supply...even though he assures me, the fault is in the last piece of supply pipe, that I can replace for about $10....and I'm not sure he'll throw in the porto-potty with this discounted deal.

pooltchr
05-03-2006, 12:58 PM
How can you pass on a deal like that????????????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Steve

wolfdancer
05-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Steve, I fergot the other part....Harley is an old pool player, I had stopped by on my way to a tournament, and mentioned pool.....so I know I can trust him

pooltchr
05-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Just make sure his old pool table is included in the deal!! (You know, the one from Sears with the plywood bed)
Steve