PDA

View Full Version : Most trusted news sources

pooltchr
05-03-2006, 01:14 PM
LONDON (Reuters) - One-quarter of consumers abandoned a news source over the past year because they lost trust in its reporting, according to a new survey that also found the BBC, Fox News and Al Jazeera the most trusted brands in their respective home regions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Results of a poll of more than 10,000 adults in 10 countries by the British Broadcasting Corporation, Reuters Group Plc and The Media Center were released on Wednesday, with an additional finding that media worldwide were trusted by an average of 61 percent of respondents compared with 52 percent who said they trusted their governments.

"National TV is still the most trusted news source by a wide margin, although the Internet is gaining ground among the young," said Doug Miller, president of London-based research firm GlobeScan, which conducted the polling.

"The jury is still out on blogs," he added. "Just as many people distrust them as trust them."

The survey confirmed that media consumption is shifting online for younger generations, as 19 percent of those aged 18 to 24 named the Internet as their most important source of news compared with 9 percent overall.

Seventy-two percent of all respondents said they followed the news closely, including 67 percent of those 18 to 24 years old.

Asked to name the news source they most trusted, without any prompting, 59 percent of Egyptians said Al Jazeera, 52 percent of Brazilians said Rede Globo, 32 percent of Britons said the BBC, 22 percent of Germans said ARD and 11 percent of Americans said Fox News, each leading their respective nations.

Qtec
05-03-2006, 03:24 PM
So the Bush channel, ie FOX has only 10% credibility. LOL

If they asked only Rep supporters they would have got a totally different answer! Just goes to show how totally uninterested in facts Bush supporters are. Most of them think Saddam had something to do with 9/11 and that Iraq HAD wmds![ whatever they may be!]

Q

Gayle in MD
05-04-2006, 04:23 AM
No kidding! I really can't believe people even bother to turn on Faux news, the no fact zone! LMAO!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
05-04-2006, 04:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> So the Bush channel, ie FOX has only 10% credibility. LOL

=Q <hr /></blockquote>

I think the point is that the mainstream media overall doesn't carry a lot of credibility with the American public. If FOX is the best with 10%, that doesn't say much for CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and the rest.
Steve

Gayle in MD
05-04-2006, 05:16 AM
You know Steve, people have done studies, and written books, taken film cuts from Fox statements of "Facts" and put them against documented truth. I'm not trying to irritate you, but really, there's so much out there that proves the obvious republican-neocon slant, I'm thinking, maybe those who watch fox, and trust what they hold up as being factual, might just be people who don't do their own search for the truth? Or people who don't want to find, or hear the truth? In Washington, and among those who actually work in television news, Fox is a joke! Nothing more than joke/wink fodder for happy hour!

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
05-04-2006, 05:43 AM
Gayle I can't find Fox news on my Cable system, my parents must have put the parental block on it.####

moblsv
05-04-2006, 06:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Gayle I can't find Fox news on my Cable system, my parents must have put the parental block on it.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I did block mine. really. I also wrote Comcast a letter about my objections to having to pay for a channel I find offensive.

Fran Crimi
05-04-2006, 06:41 AM
I took a poll the other day. I asked 10 people who they would like to see as the next President of the U.S.. They all said Bin Laden. Oh, did I mention they were all Liberals?

Polls are supposed to represent a sampling of the general population, however, that's no longer the case. They're manipulated just like everything else these days. What are the backgrounds of those 10,000 people worldwide? What are their ideological beliefs? Do they really represent a sampling of the general population of the WORLD? Most likely not. However, I would bet that they represent a general sampling of whatever result the polling company was hired to achieve by some special interest group. Isn't that how polls work these days?

Fran

DickLeonard
05-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Fran this Liberal would have declared War on Saudia Arabia on 9/12 frozen their 900 billion dollars in our Banks instead we packed up all of Bin Laden relatives and flew them home. The Bush's are so far up the Saud'is ass's the right thing was never done.####

Gayle in MD
05-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Dick, good idea, I'll put a block on mine too...LOL..

Funny, it's the liberals who have been screaming about getting bin Laden, and complaining that we got sidetracked with Iraq. Hell, the guy who wrote "Jawbreaker" tells the story of how he had bin Laden on the border, and they wouldn't send him the people he needed to finish the job, and bring bin Laden in, they were too zoned in on Iraq.

They can't bring the two alQaeda they have hidden in prison to trial, the one who planned the attack, and the money man, because then everything would become public, all the torture. My guess is that these two will die mysteriously, and we'll never get them into a court house. The government just brought this other one, Zircoui, to court, to try and give the public something to make them think they had gotten some revenge, the guy was NUTS! A Wannabe terrorist. Sczitzophrenic,..... We bomb countries, with no weapons, and convict wannabe terrorists, who are mentally ill, great policy!

Gayle in Md.

nAz
05-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I get all my info from HBO's Real Time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
05-05-2006, 05:28 AM
LMAO! Hey, there's more truth on Real Time with Bill Maher, than you'll ever find on Fox, that's for sure!

BTW, I meant to say Moussoui, these Arab names are driving me nuts!

Gayle in Md.