PDA

View Full Version : Mission impossible III premier in Manhatten!

CarolNYC
05-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Well, first off, I hope everyones fine-I've been quite busy-my youngest daughter tore her ACL (behind kneecap) and ,of course, the SI doctors wanted to go right in and operate-NOT-so,as one should ALWAYS do-second opinion-I take her to Hospital for special surgery&operations in Manhatten-the office is filled with all pro football,baseball,basketball autographed athlete pictures of "thank you's', so, yep, thats who will do her surgery-unbelievable-June 8th!

Next, my middle daughter won tickets to Mission Impossible premier at Tribeca fim festival, so they all go up there and hang on the red carpet and meet the stars-lucky them,huh?Boy to be a kid again,ha ha ha

Next, Im suppose to go up to good morning america today to watch David Blaine sit in a thing of water and hold his breath for 9 minutes-nah-I'd rather see him do his magic thing,ya know?

And, as some of you know, I always promised my daughters if they graduate with high honors,they get a brand new car-well,Barb, watch out-Kiana is on the road-fully loaded,V6,mag wheeled,leather interior,grey metallic Sonata with a zillion airbags,ha ha ha,[the wheels alone are slamming)she is officially legal TOMORROW-although my foot goes through the floor each time we stop,ha ha ha!

And lastly, are many of you going to be in Vegas May-if so, can we meet at the Splash bar,maybe, Saturday-13th at around 8pm?

One more thing, awhile ago, we were remembering Chris Cass and he had mentioned to me to dance well, here is a passage for youse:Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.
I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,
And everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,
Both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
Or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.
It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness,
and attentiveness from one person
And gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw "G: I thought of God, followed by 'u" and "i."
"God, 'u" and "i" dance."
God, you, and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
that I would get guidance about my life.
Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings
And mercies be upon you on this day and everyday.
May you abide in God as God abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting God to lead
And to guide you through each season of your life.
This prayer is powerful and there is nothing attached.
If God has done anything for you in your life,
Please share this message with someone else,
For prayer is one of the best gifts we can receive.
There is no cost but a lot of rewards;
So let's continue to pray for one another.
And I Hope You Dance!!!!!!!

Stay well everyone and dance!
See ya's,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
05-04-2006, 03:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> yep, thats who will do her surgery-unbelievable-June 8th!<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">We hope all goes well. We will be thinking of her. </font color>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>with a zillion airbags <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">Are those air bags on the inside or the outside? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

CarolNYC
05-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Thanks Rich,
She'll be fine-she's in good hands-the doctor actually said its amazing she's able to walk with a complete tear of the acl-so, I rold her in Vegas-SWIM-SWIM-the more therapy,the better,plus shes young--ahhhh,what a life,huh?:)::)

[ QUOTE ]
Are those air bags on the inside or the outside?

<hr /></blockquote>

MY SIDE! ha ha ha ha

Ummmm,just kidding-I believe they have 8 airbags-Im not worried about HER driving, Im worried about the OTHER drivers-NY is tough to learn to drive in,ya know?
People here have MAJOR road rage-as a matter of fact, a few weeks ago , a guy was driving too slow,when he got out of his car, the man folllowing him shot him 8 times-people are SICK! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Its not like you WONDERFUL Maryland people:)
Love to Cathy!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Bring her down my way to learn to drive. The only thing she has to watch out for is horse and buggies or horse $hit on the road. Other than that we're tame people with great food. Best of luck on your daughter's operation.

Duane

Deeman3
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Carol,

Best of luck with her surgery. We will be thinking of her in our prayers. Let us know how MI 3 is.

Deeman

wolfdancer
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Nice post !!!!

Vagabond
05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Thanks Rich,
She'll be fine-she's in good hands-the doctor actually said its amazing she's able to walk with a complete tear of the acl-so, I rold her in Vegas-SWIM-SWIM-the more therapy,the better,plus shes young--ahhhh,what a life,huh?:)::)

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Are those air bags on the inside or the outside?

<hr /></blockquote> the man folllowing him shot him 8 times-people are SICK! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I<hr /></blockquote>

Sick or Evil?
I hope everything goes well with your daughter.

nAz
05-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Carol Im buying a house in the FT. Wadsworth area this summer... keep away from there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
05-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks Wolfdancer,
You stay well!

CarolNYC
05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Hey Deeman, How are you?
Thanks alot-she'll be fine and prayers always help /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
As for MI3, my kids said it was awesome- /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
You take very good care!
Carol

CarolNYC
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Duane,
OMG, horse&amp;buggy-the only horse and buggy I've ever been on was in Central Park-boy, I remember drive- in theaters,dirt roads and our first new car was a 1965 impala 3 speed manual on the column-back then, cars were built like boats-ahhhh, the good ole days!
I hope I can have a raincheck on that invite cause I would LOVE to visit!
Hi to Mary&amp;family
Always,

CarolNYC
05-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Well,well,well, my sweetie pie-,
Too bad-you shoulda never told me cause I am gonna be SO THERE!
love ya much!
Hey, I really wish you the best of luck in the new home-ummmmmm..........maybe HOUSEWARMING-ft Wadsworth is nice and the poolroom is only a few blocks from there,ya know?

Carol~Naz better disconnect his doorbell,ha ha ha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
05-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Vagabond,
I've missed you-will you be in Vegas?

[ QUOTE ]
Sick or Evil?
<hr /></blockquote>

BOTH-and whats worse-retired cop-boy do I feel safe (sarcastic) he even wound up shooting the dog that was sitting in the car-unbeievable-this happened a few weeks ago-wife,dog and man going to pick up a pizza-how sick is that?

Anyways, this is where I chose to live-I love NY and I believe theres bad apples everywhere,ya know? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

See ya soon!
Carol

dg-in-centralpa
05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Those horse and buggies can't hold a candle to what we have here. Last fall there was an accident with two buggies. The young Amish kids were drag racing and one lost control going around a turn and flipped the buggy. These buggies have tape decks and cd players in them. Not the meek and quiet people they portray.

DG - ya gotta taste the Pa. Dutch cooking - best in the world

ARJ
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Best of luck to your lovely daughter.

Miss you much. Come to Florida soon please.

ARJ

Rich R.
05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> She'll be fine-she's in good hands-the doctor actually said its amazing she's able to walk with a complete tear of the acl-so,<hr /></blockquote>
BTW, my nephew tore his ACL a few years ago and he had a complete recovery, after surgery, and he is doing fine.
I'm sure Kiana will do the same.

Drop1
05-04-2006, 07:59 PM
All will be well with your daughter sorry she has to go through this. "You ever dance with the Devil by the light of the moon?"

Vagabond
05-04-2006, 08:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Vagabond,
I've missed you-will you be in Vegas
<hr /></blockquote>

Carol
<hr /></blockquote>

splash bar on sat ( 13th) at what time?
I will fly there on 13th and leave the city next day and I will fly back there on friday 19th and leave on 21st.
This evening I tried to get hold of u but u did not answer the phone.Cheers /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
05-05-2006, 02:00 AM
Thanks Drop for my daughter-she's great-she'll be in Vegas /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
"You ever dance with the Devil by the light of the moon?" <hr /></blockquote>

Are we talking, 89'-joker phrase to Batman "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?"

Bruce Wayne did /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif,as for me, I drank blackberry brandy on those cold,cold pale moon light nights /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Stay well!
Carol

CarolNYC
05-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Miss you,too-
Hey, we'll be at the Seminole Hardrock,Hollywood June 28th-July2nd
Meet ya?
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CarolNYC
05-05-2006, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
two buggies. The young Amish kids were drag racing and one lost control going around a turn and flipped the buggy <hr /></blockquote>
Duane, you gotta forgive me cause I'm just cracking up thinking about this-let me get this out of my mind-buggy racing,I can't!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Allright, first,I really admire the Amish-always wanted to visit and feel they are a hardworking,simple people who would probably appreciate the simplest things-
As fpr the buggy racing, please tell me no one got hurt-animal or person-I can;t picture "FAST&amp;FURIOUS" buggies-ROFL-
Have you seen the new Toyota Scion-that is a "ME" car-its 18 grand-with nothing except car and you build it-give me a break!
You have to let me know when the next race is,okay?
Thanks for the morning laughter-

CarolNYC
05-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Yep Rich,
Thanks-she's got the best,believe me!
Today is her legal day,birthday,Cinco de Mayo, so she's all ready to get in her car and take off-are you kidding me,ha ha ha!She's not going to let a torn ACL stop her /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif-I wouldnt-at least not now-after the surgery,yeah! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Glad your nephew is fine,too /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
05-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Vagabond,
I answered-Im telling you, my house is in somekind of "NO ZONE" area-its ridiculous-

Okay-the 13th-Saturday-8 pm-splash bar-hows that?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifCarol

dg-in-centralpa
05-05-2006, 05:09 AM
Carol,
I know the buggy racing sounds like a joke but it is true. No one got hurt other than cuts and bruises. The buggy lost its' wheel. There have been incidents of Amish being arrested for drunk driving in their buggies on major highways. The Amish girls are not as pristine as everyone thinks. An old saying around here is that if you can get their bonnet off, watch out. You'll be in for the ride of your life.

Duane

Lester
05-05-2006, 05:11 AM
She was a telegrapher's daughter

and she.....DIDIT.....DIDIT.....DIDIT! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
05-05-2006, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Vagabond,
I answered-Im telling you, my house is in somekind of "NO ZONE" area-its ridiculous-

Okay-the 13th-Saturday-8 pm-splash bar-hows that?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifCarol <hr /></blockquote>
I shall see u at 8 pm sharp on 13th unless I am hit by a truck.

CarolNYC
05-05-2006, 03:26 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm,interesting Duane,
I honestly know nothing about their way of life ,except, for the fact, that it is some religious order of simple ways and they do advance ,if the way is accepted-
Also, are they Pennsylvania dutch and can also speak German?

I dont know-this is the history channel I watch /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What I do find a little crazy is that place in UTAH where polygamy is accepted-they have like 25 wives-could you imagine-boy, if they had that here, I'd be the pool-playing wife,ha ha ha!(kidding)

I really wasnt sassing you abut the buggy thing-I found it rather amusing-unimaginable,but,hey,whatever floats their boats is fine with me!

See ya soon!

CarolNYC
05-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Done deal Vagabond! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ARJ
05-05-2006, 05:24 PM
I'll take some time off to come hang out with you during the week, sweat some Carol NYC matches. No chance I'll pull another Sunday like last one /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ARJ~~~see ya June/July

Gayle in MD
05-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Hey Carol...good luck to Kianna, and I have a torn ACL...and never had it fixed, not torn badly, but I still run three miles a day...had the Miniscus on both side done...tell Kianna, FROZEN BAG OF PEAS....ICE ICE ICE!

I think the mission impossible will be Tom Cruise saving his carrer, and I for one, hope he disolves into eternal oblivion!

Gayle in Md.....Tom Cruise, YUK! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Carol,
Sass all you want, I do too. I just thought it funny to be drag racing in a horse and buggy. I can't imagine having more than one wife. I have enough trouble keeping her satisfied, let alone 25 wives. I'd commit suicide fer sure! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Duane

Lester
05-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Clip Clop, Clip Clop, Clip Clop, BANG BANG BANG, Clip Clop, Clip Clop!

Amish Drive By Shooting! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
05-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Yo girl,
Hey, I miss you-Kianas is completely torn, but nothing with that meniscus thing-jeesh, you are amazing-no wonder your in such good shape /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Cruise, YUK <hr /></blockquote>
Oh no, I like him-as a matter of fact, Kiana says he's one of the most personable stars she's met and believe me, she's met many ,cause of MTV's TRL show,and she said Jamie Foxx is even more of a pissa! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
You know how crazy I am,right? Well, you know the Kelly Clarkson song "Since you've been gone" that plays a million times on the radio? Well, yesterday was Kianas legal driving day and birthday, so I change the words at 6 am in the morning and wake her up singing:

"Since you've been born,I've been waiting 17 damn years
Its been very long,,yeah,yeah, go to school,in your car,cause we're on-Since you've been born"

LMAO-she's like" Oh Ma!"

Carol~enjoyed her freedom today,yesterday and in the future /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
05-06-2006, 04:18 PM
June/July,
Lets do it,babes!
Carol-loves the anticipation /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
05-06-2006, 04:19 PM
hmmm, never thought about that-HOW DO THEY DO IT??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
05-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Lester,
you are too funny-clip,clop-then the horse stops to go to the bathroom, by then,the targets gone-oh you gotta see the skit on drive by shootings done by "the mind of Mencia"

Take care!

SnakebyteXX
05-06-2006, 05:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> too funny-clip,clop-then the horse stops to go to the bathroom,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Sometimes they pick the worst possible time to go...

Ooops! (http://media.putfile.com/hosting56)

dg-in-centralpa
05-06-2006, 06:39 PM
When I was in the high school band, we marched in parades and had to walk in horse crap. We were not allowed to move and walk around it. Otherwise we were in trouble.

DG

CarolNYC
05-07-2006, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes they pick the worst possible time to go...

<hr /></blockquote>
Yep-guess when you gotta go you gotta go!LMAO!

CarolNYC
05-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Duane,
Your killing me-ha ha ha-
[ QUOTE ]
we marched in parades and had to walk in horse crap. We were not allowed to move and walk around it. Otherwise we were in trouble <hr /></blockquote>
What the hell kind of trouble could you be in besides walking in horsecrap-I can't! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Carol-sees Duanes face as he posts!Love it /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Carol,
We had to keep straight lines no matter what. We would get yelled at, and do extra practice if we moved out of line and got caught. When we were in band competitions, if a judge was in front of us, we were to run him over. It was his fault for being in the way. I saw several judges get the wind knocked out of them, by the girls with the long flag poles, swinging them. It was fun...

Duane

Rich R.
05-07-2006, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> had to walk in horse crap.<hr /></blockquote>
When I was a kid, some people would say it was good luck to step in horse crap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I never bought it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Good Luck!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Must have been those Amish girls you hung around with.

DG

CarolNYC
05-08-2006, 02:24 AM
I believe you-bands are very strict-everyones gotta be insync,ya know and I think a marching band is hardcore&amp;cool-I love that movie "drumline:

I played the flute for 4 years-6th-9th grade-but we didnt march-it was just concert band!
Im very impressed-shows coordination /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We would get yelled at, and do extra practice <hr /></blockquote>
Boy, would I be stepping in all the horsecrap I could,ha ha ha!
Confucious say:
"Black spots on the wall- by hu flung pu!"
There'd be alot of blackspots /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif-kids use to wet toilet paper and throw it on the ceiling-I could imagine what horsecrap would do /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Boy .you make me smile-
Have a great day!

Rich R.
05-08-2006, 02:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Good Luck!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Must have been those Amish girls you hung around with. <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry, there were no Amish girls in my neighborhood. Although I am one half Pa. Dutch, on my fathers side, I did not grow up in one of the Amish areas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, my fathers family were Mennonites, not Amish.

dg-in-centralpa
05-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Did you ever learn to speak PA. Dutch? At one time I could understand some of it, when I worked with Amish and Mennonites, but that was 25 years ago. Now I'm pretty rusty at it.

DG

Rich R.
05-08-2006, 05:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Did you ever learn to speak PA. Dutch? At one time I could understand some of it, when I worked with Amish and Mennonites, but that was 25 years ago. Now I'm pretty rusty at it.<hr /></blockquote>
No, other than an occassional visit, I had little contact with that side of the family. They lived in Reading and Boyertown.

I grew up in Wilkes-Barre, in Northeastern Pa. and there is no Amish or Mennonite population in that area.

I did enjoy my visits. My Uncle had a garden that was more like a small farm and my Aunt could cook with the best. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif