PDA

View Full Version : Hey ya'll, watch this!

Chopstick
05-04-2006, 07:42 AM
When a Southern boy says this pay attention, because statistically it is the last thing he will ever say. We all have these monents. It's a DNA thing.

I went fishing yesterday with a buddy of mine who is also from Memphis. My buddy was investagating this white thing in the water, which turned out to be a plastic bag but he just had to take the boat over and see what it was, when I see a 10 foot saltwater croc tooling along parallel to the bank about 60 feet away. I never saw one that big in the wild before. Gators don't like salt water so it had to be a croc.

I said "Hey, look at that croc." My buddy the "fishin' expert" said "That's a manatee". I said "No, you are saying it's a manatee because you ain't seen the croc yet. Look past the manatee." He seen it and was amazed as well. So, what do you think he did next. He picks up his reel and throws a rattletrap over the crocs back reels up and snags it in the back. Well, the croc didn't take too kindly to that and the water exploded and my buddy exclaimed "The fight is on".

Now I am standing in my boat with 10 feet of extremely pi$$ed off crocodile tearing up creation and coming closer. It's moments like these when you have to wonder just what the hell he had on his mind when he hooked it. That thig is perfectly capable of coming over and jumping IN THIS BOAT if it wants to. Anticipating my impending Tarzan moment I quickly look around for a weapon, everything looks way too small. Fortunately, right then, the croc got loose and disappeared. I took us away from there. Those things will jump up and snag you right out of the boat. Gators will too.

That's fishin' in Flarda. Gators, crocs, sharks, sting rays, sqeeters the size of honey bees that can bite you right through your clothes. Lightning that can come from nowhere, rogue waves that can stand up 20 feet with no warning. Everything, a growing boy needs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lester
05-04-2006, 07:59 AM
The "real" question I gotta ask is "Do you still plan on going fishin' with this friend in the future?"

Chopstick
05-05-2006, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> The "real" question I gotta ask is "Do you still plan on going fishin' with this friend in the future?" <hr /></blockquote>

Well, he may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he finds fish. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lester
05-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Chopstick wrote:
Well, he may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he finds fish.
%%%%%%%%%%%%

Sounds like he's a "lightning rod" for life threatening situations if you ask me. If you're still going fishing with him, wonder how "sharp" a knife YOU are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif