PDA

View Full Version : Which Do You Prefer? 3 Or 5 Man Team Events?

Bob
05-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Would You Rather Play On A 5 Or 3 Man Team 8 Ball Tournament?

If you had a choice, would you rather play on a 5 or 3 man team BCA rules 8 Ball tournament?

This is an important questiion for me. I am trying to figure out weather to make the team event at The Windy City Open this year a 3 or a 5 man event.

I appreciate the time you take to respond. Any additional feed back is also much appreciated.

Billy_Bob
05-06-2006, 04:04 AM
I prefer 5 players. And this is because of scorekeeping. If there are 3 players and the other two can't keep score, then I wind up keeping score all the time (so they don't mess it up) and my game suffers as a result.

When other players mess up the score keeping, we can wind up staying quite a while after the match trying to correct everything.

With a 5 player team, chances are there are two or three players who can keep score without messing up the works. So I get a break between matches and play better.

BTW - I would rather play pool than keep score. And so far as I am concerned, a simple win/lose thing would be best. Of course the people who *can't* keep score prefer that each ball pocketed be kept track of.