PDA

View Full Version : Balls...

pinballkoenig
05-06-2006, 02:50 AM
How do you know that you're getting 1st Choice/quality balls? Other than the appearance factor which are best...Brunswick or Aramith? I found a set of Centennial balls for $125, which seemed way cheaper compared to most shops selling them?? Should I get'em?

Billy_Bob
05-06-2006, 04:11 AM
Test the balls in a bar! There is a bar around here which purchased a quality set of balls and a cheap set. The quality set still looks new and the cheap set has a dull grainy look after just one year.

You get what you pay for basically. At the following link, it tells you the difference between the Aramith sets...

http://www.saluc.com/html/billiard/index.php?idlien=10

BooBoo
05-06-2006, 08:10 AM
In the case of Centeniel balls they will say premium. That is why there is a price difference between them. I guess it is up to the dealer to be honest and knowledgeable about the sale. In other words "caveat emptor" buyer beware, or at least know what you are buying.

Scott Lee
05-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Saluc makes both sets...Aramith and Centennial (for Brunswick). Buy the Centennials...you're getting a good deal! Just make sure they are in good shape...no nicks.
If they're less than a few years old, they're probably in perfect condition.

Scott Lee

pinballkoenig
05-07-2006, 12:21 AM
How about a NEW Aramith Super Pro Ball set for $125 (with cleaner and Jim Rempe practice Ball.) It's currently on Ebay...It sound too good. All other's were 165-200! Are there cheaper 2nd choice sets out there?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bsmutz
05-09-2006, 03:12 PM
The super pros are just as good as the Centennials. $125 is a good price. I bought some a few months ago from Neilsen's on Ebay for about that same price (included the extras) and am very happy with them. I especially like the measles cue ball included with that set. Don't worry, get 'em and be happy.

Bumps
05-10-2006, 02:59 PM
In my experience, get the Centennials. I've had Super Pro balls for almost 5 years and several have "cut" marks in them, almost like you had cut them with a razor. I played with Cent. in pool rooms for YEARS and NEVER saw that happen. And the pool room balls were the serious players' choice every day and were played with day in and day out.