PDA

View Full Version : justa- bridge

07-07-2002, 11:04 PM
has anybody seen or used one

jjinfla
07-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Who sells it? What does it look like? How long did it take you to market it? Jake

07-08-2002, 01:38 PM
our web site will be up soon fancyidea.com and will have info there on how to use. it's one of those items that sells itself, once you try it i'm sure you will be amazed on how versitile it is.
qiuck over view has a real nice rubber collet not to harm cue. when you set it on the table turn your cue it adjusts the bridge up and down for precision adjustment. all i can say is you have to try one, it will sell it self.

Q-guy
07-08-2002, 02:09 PM
Will you be at the BCA show? I know some may look at your post as an ad, but it is always nice to hear about new things, especially when you can speak to the manufacture. I will tell you this though, It will most likely be reviewed here by some posters who try it. People here can be brutally honest. I will be checking your website, hope you have it up soon and good luck.

07-08-2002, 02:21 PM
yes we plan on being at the bca show and will be looking for sales reps. along with retailers to start stocking our product on their shelfs. having at least one in stock and the customer can try, thats what help sells this item. i can go on and on and to try and sell it to somebody but my best sales pitch is putting it in their hand.

9 Ball Girl
07-08-2002, 02:45 PM
Sounds like something I would definitely buy. Is it like the Spinali Bridgehead? That's what I currently use. It's plastic but you can turn it 4 different ways for different heights and such.

JimS
07-08-2002, 03:02 PM
I saw them advertised in Prof Q-Ball or On The Wire, went to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.fancyidea.com>www.fancyidea.com</a> and I bought one about a month ago and reviewed it here. Do a search for gadget I think will find the post.

They work great...just stick a cue into the end of it, lay it on the table and twist the cue to raise or lower the height of the bridge. Very well made, won't scratch the cue, no sharp edges and the aluminum is powder coated. They are pricey! I'm a sucker for a neat new gadget/toy!

9 Ball Girl
07-08-2002, 03:10 PM
I just went to the site and saw the justa-bridge.

Wendy is to Justa-Bridge as Nerd is to Pocket Protector

9 Ball Girl~~drooling

Barbara
07-08-2002, 05:26 PM
JimS,

My hubby and I came across the Justa-Bridge in Vegas in May. Pete was fully impressed with its construction and ingenutity. We talked (actually, he talked) with the guys for about a half hour. They went through a lot of thought in its design and a lot more in constructing it.

I wish I could have one but the rubber grommet they use isn't big enough for my new break cue with a 14mm shaft /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif!

Okay, okay I know 14mm is unusual for a shaft size. And, in fact, I can't use any of my removable bridges because the rubber grommets won't slide onto the 14mm shaft. Does anyone out there know where I can get a grommet that would?

Barbara~~~hates using house bridges...

07-08-2002, 06:44 PM
my brother bought one of these in vegas in may and at first look its quite a nice little piece of equipment but not for the price I think he paid 50-60 bucks for it which translates into almost a hundred bucks canadian.. for a rest!!!! I dont see this thing being able to do anymore than a ten dollar bat rest can.

Scott Lee
07-08-2002, 09:46 PM
Jim...I saw one at a tournament here about a month ago, and was told by a dealer who sells these things, that you had better be careful with the cue you put the bridge head on...as it has a habit of pulling off the tip, if you push it in too hard. I haven't used this myself...this is just what someone who was selling them told me.

Scott

Rich R.
07-09-2002, 04:38 AM
Barbara, maybe I'm being too simple, but I would just use a house cue for any bridge head.
Rich R.~~~probably too obvious.

JimS
07-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Thanks Scott,

I haven't had that problem....yet! I did have that same problem with the leather bridge head I have....it DID pull the tip off one cue.....but then that tip was one of the first I'd ever installed and I'm thinkin that the problem MAY have been with the tip installer being less than skilled. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

As to the question below somewhere about bridge head grommets that will fit a 14mm break stick shaft I guess I'd use a house cue or use my play cue for the bridge head holder and shoot with the break cue, or have that humungus puppy cut down a bit...lol. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

07-09-2002, 02:00 PM
hey girl tell ya what i'm gonna do i'm going to take one of these and make it fit your 14mm cue , but it will only fit your 14mm cue, i'll let you know how it turns out, larry

9 Ball Girl
07-09-2002, 02:20 PM
Hey Barbara,

Is there an advantage to having a 14mm shaft for you break cue than having something smaller?

Wendy~~inquiring minds want to know /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Barbara
07-09-2002, 03:12 PM
Wendy,

It's a helluva solid hit!! Plus, less miscueing because of the larger tip.

Barbara

Barbara
07-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Rich,

I know whose hands some of those house cues have been in....

Nooooo thank you!!

Barbara