PDA

View Full Version : trixs of the trade

nAz
05-09-2006, 10:53 PM
got any?

To minimize the smell of urine in a busy club/bar bathroom, fill the urinals with ice. Hot pee = Smelly Pee.

To get a wetsuit on quickly, wear a pair of pantyhose -- and when you're done, the wetsuit will slide right off. Plus, it's more environmentally friendly and less messy than soap.

Always enter a conversations with a drink you are about to finish.

If things don't go well, all you need to do is take one last gulp from your drink and excuse yourself to get another, never to return.

I still do this one...

If the conversation is going well, finish your drink and ask the other person if you can get them anything when you go to get another. They will appreciate the gesture even if they decline, and it impies that you'll be returning for a longer conversation.

Want to clean the gunked up grill on your bar-b-que pit? Put it on an ant bed for a day. Fire ants work best. Ants will get any container or utensil clean as a whistle.

This is how to pick a lock without skills or tools. I found it works best on Kwikset locks, which is apparently the best selling lock in the US. They're typically found in low- and middle-class housing developments, and similiar locks are found in apartments near universities. It's a very simple method and requires less brute force than you might imagine.

You'll need a blank key, a towel and a key ring. Grind the last slot on the blank key down. Put the key on the key ring and snake the towel through the key ring. Put the key in the lock. It should be stuck -- the last tumbler locks the key in place. Wrap your hands around the towel, get a real good grip and pull hard. The tumbler assembly should slide right out of the door handle. Then you can take the entire handle out of the door, which might (depending on the size of your arm and the door handle) give you enough space to reach up inside the home and unlock the deadbolt.

Most locks and handles will break and be unusable under this method, others can be put back together like nothing happened.

If you often do work with an electron microscope, glue a cat whisker (the kid your house pet routinely sheds) onto the end of a wooden stick. It's the perfect tool for, say, teasing apart thinly sliced floating epon sections when microtoming.

SPetty
05-10-2006, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>Want to clean the gunked up grill on your bar-b-que pit? Put it on an ant bed for a day. Fire ants work best. Ants will get any container or utensil clean as a whistle.<hr /></blockquote>That's interesting. I'll test it out with my gunked up grill cleaning wire brush.

We had a baby chick die a few years ago, so I put it next to an ant bed to see what would happen. Makes me wish I had a camera on it. The ants slowly moved their ant bed over the dead chick, and then moved their ant bed off of the remains - bones and fur feathers. It was interesting to watch over the course of 4-5 days.