PDA

View Full Version : cue rewraps

ryushen21
05-10-2006, 04:37 AM
I wanted to get a leather wrap put on my cue and i was wondering if you anyoe here knew the best place to get it done. Some of my friends have gotten leather wraps and they just don't look good i.e. visible seams, bad quality leather.

I don't mind spending a little extra to make sure that i get a quality job with quality materials. I just wanted to get a plain black textured leather wrap. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ceebee
05-10-2006, 08:56 AM
ryushen21, You've seen my cues with TIGER WRAPS, they have my vote... hands down.

Snapshot9
05-10-2006, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> I wanted to get a leather wrap put on my cue and i was wondering if you anyoe here knew the best place to get it done. Some of my friends have gotten leather wraps and they just don't look good i.e. visible seams, bad quality leather.

I don't mind spending a little extra to make sure that i get a quality job with quality materials. I just wanted to get a plain black textured leather wrap. Any advice would be much appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, since you are in Ft. Worth and within driving distance, you might consider Shurtz Custom Cues here in Wichita. Bob Owen, Gabe's dad, does a really good job. He showed me a cue he made and has been playing with for 18 months with his version of a '314' shaft on it, and black leather wrap (terrific looking cue, BTW). I could not see a seam on the
wrap. (and I am picky). I am going down there in the next few days to get a new phenolic tip put on my break/jump cue, and
I have to see Bill Sharkey's cue Bob made for him with the brown alligator wrap on it. A player told me, it is to die for. amd the color/wood combinations are great. I like brown alligator for cases, so I am curious to see how it looks on a cue as a wrap. Bob's email is Bob@Shurtzcue.com

SPetty
05-10-2006, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr>Well, since you are in Ft. Worth and within driving distance, you might consider Shurtz Custom Cues here in Wichita. <hr /></blockquote>Well, sure, according to Mapquest it's only like 6 hours away... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

c.holtz009
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
I just got my cue back from getting a re-wrap, and re-finishing job done. I got it done HERE (http://www.cuegrip.com/Grips.htm).
Here are a couple of pics...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/choltz/newwrap1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/choltz/newwrap2.jpg

Ken did an amazing job. The finish was in pretty rough shape before I sent it to him. Now you would never know how bad it really was. He was very professional, and stuck to his estimated timeframe to a "T", unlike so many businesses these days.
Let me know what you think.

Snapshot9
05-10-2006, 10:58 PM
You could come up for the Midwest 9 ball tour event here in Wichita on June 24th &amp; 25th ($2,500 added). Shurtz is a major sponsor of the tour. Or the Midwest 9 ball tour event in Olathe a couple of weeks later. ($5,000 added)

Or you could just send your cue to Bob, have it done and ready, and pick it up before the Midwest 9 ball event here.
I would be more than happy to show you around some. If you are interested, let me know, and I will give you my cell number.