PDA

View Full Version : Dave Syrja

nAz
05-10-2006, 02:03 PM
wow I am sorry to say that I forgot the anniversary of Dave Syrja passing a way (May 2nd 2005) and apparently i was not alone.
that has to be one of the worse things about dying... when friends forget. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

this was I believe his last post...

"Yesterday I found out that my cancer has come back with a vengeance. It's all through my liver and into my lungs. It's inoperable and I've got maybe 3 to 6 months. I still have to meet with the Cancer Clinic people to talk management.

I'll be shutting down my web site davespooltools.com so if you need anything from there you'd better get it downloaded.

I've had a wild and great life. I've spent the last 16 years with a wonderful and amazing woman whom I'm madly in love with. I deeply regret having to leave her.

Looks like I won't make CCB-4.

Dave Syrja in Victoria
davespooltools.com ".

Anyway tonight I will toast a drink to David and I suggest we all do the same...

BTW 05/27/05 lets not forget that day either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wolfdancer
05-10-2006, 02:19 PM
nAz, Dave was my all-time favorite poster here, and he won't be forgotten.....I'm sure he made many friends on the board.
We exchanged pm's and he was enjoying the move back home to Canada, and the beautiful home that he and Joan had.....
I think he only lasted about another 3 weeks after that last post.
I'll be playing in a tournament tonite....and i'll join you in that toast.....
Thanks for the reminder.....

Cueless Joey
05-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Jeesh, we've lost too many good guys between here and AZB.
Chris, OldHasBeen and Juston/Cuewhiz come to mind for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I hope there are Gold Crowns and Szambottis/Bushkas in heaven for the good guys to have fun with. No table fee. Simonis cloth and Centernnial balls only.

SPetty
05-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Just because someone didn't post remembrances to a forum doesn't mean that someone has forgotten...

SPetty
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> OldHasBeen<hr /></blockquote>I regret that I don't have the time that some have to visit and participate in multiple pool/billiard forums. I'm sorry and surprised to learn here that OldHasBeen has passed. In my fleeting moments at AZB, he seemed like one of the really good ones.

Rip
05-10-2006, 09:04 PM
I met Dave at the BCA Nationals in Las Vegas several years ago along with quite a few other CCB'rs. It was the year of the CCB Key Ring. Dave gave me mine the night this picture was taken.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ripsstuff2003/detail?.dir=/cb1ascd&amp;.dnm=5b31scd.jpg&amp;.src=ph
We miss ya' big guy.
Rip

Rich R.
05-11-2006, 03:21 AM
nAz, don't think that Dave has been forgotten. His picture is still on my computer and I think about him often, especially when preparing for the CCB Tournament.
My wife and I got to spend a lot of time with Dave and his wife Joanne when they visited the U.S. Open. We had a wonderful time with them.
Believe me, Dave will not be forgotten.

PQQLK9
05-11-2006, 06:07 AM
I still think about all our departed members but thanks for the heads up.

I only hope all you guys and gals don't forget about me since I am not around too much these days. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
05-11-2006, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I only hope all you guys and gals don't forget about me since I am not around too much these days. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Don't worry, we remember you, but I didn't see your name on the CCB tournament list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

nAz
05-11-2006, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> nAz, Dave was my all-time favorite poster here, and he won't be forgotten.....I'm sure he made many friends on the board.
We exchanged pm's and he was enjoying the move back home to Canada, and the beautiful home that he and Joan had.....
I think he only lasted about another 3 weeks after that last post.
I'll be playing in a tournament tonite....and i'll join you in that toast.....
Thanks for the reminder..... <hr /></blockquote>

to dave!

heater451
05-11-2006, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>. . .Anyway tonight I will toast a drink to David and I suggest we all do the same...<hr /></blockquote>Done, tonight.

Thanks, for the post, nAz.

=========================

nAz
05-11-2006, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Jeesh, we've lost too many good guys between here and AZB.
Chris, OldHasBeen and Juston/Cuewhiz come to mind for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I hope there are Gold Crowns and Szambottis/Bushkas in heaven for the good guys to have fun with. No table fee. Simonis cloth and Centernnial balls only. <hr /></blockquote>

Im not familar with OldHasBeen and Juston/Cuewhiz, AZbers? either way im sorry to hear about them.

nAz
05-11-2006, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Just because someone didn't post remembrances to a forum doesn't mean that someone has forgotten... <hr /></blockquote>

your right SPetty...

nAz
05-11-2006, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>. . .Anyway tonight I will toast a drink to David and I suggest we all do the same...<hr /></blockquote>Done, tonight.

Thanks, for the post, nAz.

========================= <hr /></blockquote>

cool!

Eric.
05-11-2006, 08:10 AM
I considered Dave a friend, as well. I miss him and his witty sense of humor.

Eric

DickLeonard
05-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Naz thanks for the memories. I Loved the picture of Dave in his hat.####

DickLeonard
05-11-2006, 11:01 AM
PoolK9 every once in a while I post about missing CCB posters. Rod has slowed down,Mr Lucky,Richard Cranium. everyone feel free to add names.####

Scott Lee
05-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I had the pleasure of working with Dave, as a student, and knew him and Joanne for several years. Great people! Hats off to you Dave...I know you're in a good place. Love to you Joanne...may God bring you another man half as good as Dave was!

Scott Lee

cueball1950
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I have a picture of Both Dave, &amp; Chris up near my computer. I keep them up so that they wil remind me of how short and precious life really is. I only got to talk with dave and his wife for a short time when i drove them to dinner and back. Beautiful couple. They are always in my prayers and thoughts. Maybe Dave and Chris are playing a little 14.1 up there while they watch over us...............mike

Stretch
05-11-2006, 04:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I have a picture of Both Dave, &amp; Chris up near my computer. I keep them up so that they wil remind me of how short and precious life really is. I only got to talk with dave and his wife for a short time when i drove them to dinner and back. Beautiful couple. They are always in my prayers and thoughts. Maybe Dave and Chris are playing a little 14.1 up there while they watch over us...............mike <hr /></blockquote>

I like to think so too Mike. I never got to meet Dave. I owed him quite a few rounds of good Canadian Beer though. I mean the guy was brilliant, funny, awsome debator, yet could goof off with with the cornyest stuff lol. But most of all he was a giver. He did a lot to promote the game and he touched a lot of people. He did a lot of liveing, i got some of the best advice i ever got from Dave when i was going through my own personl breakup thing and everything he said at the time has come to pass. I sure miss the guy. cheers. St.

Stretch
05-11-2006, 04:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> PoolK9 every once in a while I post about missing CCB posters. Rod has slowed down,Mr Lucky,Richard Cranium. everyone feel free to add names.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Houston Dan

Big Dave
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Strange isn't it? I never knew him. I never met him. I never spoke to him. I rarely post here, and yet I knew he was a nice guy, respected his opinion, knew he made great strides in promoting our sport with his efforts and count him as one of the good guys... And now that you mention it... I feel saddened once again, reminded of his passing.

Rich R.
05-11-2006, 06:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Naz thanks for the memories. I Loved the picture of Dave in his hat.#### <hr /></blockquote>
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/p0613c17712cea55c168c7c4851fbb96c/ef0ad53f.jpg

DickLeonard
05-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Thanks Rich that is Dave my mind for ever. ####