PDA

View Full Version : Dobbs to president: Do you take us for fools?

nAz
05-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Dobbs to president: Do you take us for fools?

By Lou Dobbs
CNN

Thursday, May 11, 2006;

NEW YORK -- Reports this week that the Border Patrol is notifying the Mexican government of the locations of Minutemen volunteers are being denied by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. True or not, the Bush administration continues to follow absurd policies on both issues of border security and illegal immigration.

President Bush continues to push his guest worker program and amnesty for anywhere between 11 million and 20 million illegal aliens, and he insists still that nothing less than what he calls comprehensive immigration reform is acceptable.

And the lies keep coming from both political parties. This president is not enforcing the immigration laws enacted by Congress, and this Congress is failing in its duty of oversight to demand that those laws be followed.

Only a fool, Mr. President, Sen. Kennedy, Sen. McCain, would believe you when you speak of new legislation. You don't enforce the laws now.

Would you do so if the law were more to your liking? Would you secure our borders and ports? Would you halt illegal immigration? Those are rhetorical questions, only, I assure you. The answers are obvious; obvious because of your conduct.

As many as 3 million illegal aliens continue to cross our border with Mexico each year. Enforcement against illegal employers of illegal aliens in this country is all but nonexistent, Mr. President. How do you explain that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents have all but ended their investigations and inspections of employers that hire illegal aliens? Again, only a rhetorical question, because we all know the answer.

But here is the official record of your sense of duty: 318 employers out of five and a half million in this country have been fined for hiring illegal aliens since 2001. In 2004, only three employers were fined. That is a dismal record, Mr. President, as dismal as the fact that the number of ICE agents assigned to enforce immigration laws in the workplace has declined from only 240 back in 1999 to now less than 100.

Illegal alien employer fines
(Source: GAO reports,8/31/05)

The problem in our lack of border security and illegal immigration is becoming increasingly obvious: two political parties that are beholden to corporate America, the largest employers of illegal aliens, and the leadership of both parties that are selling out American citizens in search of cheap labor and political advantage. How dumb do you all think we are? Again, that's only a rhetorical question.

Over the next few days on my broadcast, I'm going to make a suggestion that I hope may help the leadership of both the Republican and Democratic parties begin to take some notice of our laws and our expectations that those laws be enforced. And also take at least some notice of the fact that Republicans and Democrats also represent American citizens, not just corporate America and special interests.

ceebee
05-11-2006, 09:45 AM
The issue our Congress has is this, "do we, as psuedo honorable members of Congress, act like proper American leaders & stop this illegal alien movement or do we continue to "look the other way" & allow the country's businessmen to make more money, which they can use a portion of those monies to donate to our election campaigns?

Anyone other than a Member of Congress, which really believes Members of Congress are honorable, is two steps away from legal insanity. Members of Congress are paid their salary & benefits as long as they live, their spouse can take their place, when death occurs to a member. They have wonderful health benefits their entire life & after getting elected, they never pay one thin dime toward their keep (housing, travel, insurance, utilities, transportation & so on). America taxpayers pick up the bill. Originally there was not an income tax. But our leaders needed some cash, made an empty promise & the rest is history. Do members of Congress care about you.... Ha Ha Ha !

This Republican vs Democrat horseshit is a SMOKESCREEN. The politicians have most of the population looking left, then right, then left again (similar to a tennis match spectator) while they are selling America down the river & insuring their longevity in Congress, by allowing big business to make windfall profits.

I am 63, the downward progress our country is making may not effect me too greatly. The young people of this country will be effected very negatively as time goes on.

The citizen of America does not have a VOICE to be heard. The government & the media will not permit the citizens of this country to hear the whole truth or reply to the lies. Throughout Congress there are 6500 lobbyists to every member of Congress, not one (1)lobbyist is present to speak the will of the people. Lou Dobbs said that on TV.

wolfdancer
05-11-2006, 09:59 AM
The Ass and the Old Shepherd

A SHEPHERD, watching his Ass feeding in a meadow, was alarmed all
of a sudden by the cries of the enemy. He appealed to the Ass to
fly with him, lest they should both be captured, but the animal
lazily replied, "Why should I, pray? Do you think it likely the
conqueror will place on me two sets of panniers?' "No," rejoined
the Shepherd. "Then," said the Ass, "as long as I carry the
panniers, what matters it to me whom I serve?'

In a change of government the poor change nothing
beyond the name of their master.
web page (http://www.pacificnet.net/~johnr/cgi/aesop1.cgi?1&TheAssandtheOldShepherd)

Gayle in MD
05-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Yes, and the Master, has shown himself for what he is with his tax plan, poor people get $9.00, while the millionaires get $143,000.00 But, this couldn't be redistribution of wealth...

And encourageing slave labor from Mexico, for corporations, while outsourcing the mostly low income, and middle class American jobs, couldn't be an effort to make the rich, richer, and the poor, poorer, nor could huge tax cuts, for oil and pharmaceutical industries, as they continue to gouge the Americans who can least afford to be gouged.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Cueless Joey
05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
He deserves a third term.
There should be an exclusion from term-limits for the best president we'ev ever had.

Gayle in MD
05-11-2006, 12:37 PM
You ARE joking, aren't you?

wolfdancer
05-11-2006, 12:59 PM
The way I figure it, anybody that sold their vote to GWB for a promised tax cut........is in good company.
Look what Judas did for 30 pieces of silver.
Is their blood on Judas's hands?

Drop1
05-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah shame on him for taking fools for fools.The immigration/amnisty program is a given,even Fox wants to get more Mexicans into the U.S.,so Mexico can import cheaper labor from Guatamala. I say go back to the drawing board,and come up with a program that allows workers for limited periods of time,to come into the Country,and any child born of one none citizen parents,is a citizen of the none citizen parents Country. If you don't want to go back to the drawing board,welcome to The Northern United States of Mexico. Cueless,I always thought Grant was a great President,what with being drunk all the time,and having forty two relatives in government office,but by golly,I can see he was a piker compared to GWB when it comes to f--king the poor.