PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Daniels on illegal immigration

ceebee
05-11-2006, 08:46 AM
I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally, made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the United States of America, as it is a truly wonderful place. But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal, it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many la-la land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying to give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons, in fact I don't have anything against
Mexicans, I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal and if you don't believe it, try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get.

What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tantamount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."

It's an "in your face" action and speaking just for me I don't like it one
little bit and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening.

Where are you, you bunch of lilly livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution ? Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomac again?

And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway. Besides, what good is another law going to do when you won't enforce the ones on the books now?

And what ever happened to the polls guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want something done about this mess, and mess it is, and getting bigger everyday.

This is no longer a problem, it is a dilemma and headed for being a tragedy. Do you honestly think what happened in France, with the Muslims, can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take to the streets?

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing for the kind of country your children and grandchildren will inherit.

But, I guess that doesn't matter as long as you get re-elected.

Shame on you.

One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except Christians) you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you.

Well I've been pounded by the media before, and I'm still rockin' and
rollin'. And when it comes to speaking the truth, I fear not. And the truth is that the gutless, gonadless, milksopping politicians are just about to sell out the United States of America because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to face illegal reality.

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to have 12 million illegals in this country and turn around and say, "Oh it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your wrist."

And I know that some of you who read this column are saying "Well what's wrong with that?"

I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are, or what they're up to and the way the Congress is moving, we're not going to.

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture, as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well?

If these people were from Haiti, would we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them or if they were from Somalia or Afghanistan? I think not.

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have crossed the border just to try to better their life. They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13, the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did. They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegals, some fat cat hired to pick his crop.

I want to make two predictions.

No. 1: This situation is going to grow and fester until it erupts in
violence on our streets while the wimps in Washington drag their toes in the dirt
and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can make to the acre.

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon of mass destruction and set it off in a major American city after which there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen and Senators rush to the other side of the issue.

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going to lead the fight to get it straightened out."

I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America, but if you don't respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others. And by the way, this is America and our flag has stars and stripes. Please get that other one out of my face.

Pray for our troops

What do you think?
(http://www.charliedaniels.com/

God Bless America
Charlie Daniels
April 10, 2006

pooltchr
05-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Hell, Yeah!!!!
I also think it's interesting that if a US citizen went to Mexico illegally, it would be treated as a felony by the Mexican government, but a Mexican in the US illegally, it is just a misdemeanor.
I think we need to replace all the stuffed shirt, left wing, sorry excuse for American, politicians in Washington with a bunch of good ol' boy, all American rednecks.
Good to see that not all entertainers think like Neal Young!
Steve

wolfdancer
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Immigration laws were enacted for good reasons.....I don't understand the rationality behind the thinking that if you came here illegally, and avoided "capture" for X number of years...that somehow makes you legal.
Australia in the 60's had an open immigration policy....they had to eventually change it to where you needed to prove that you could be self supporting, had a viable skill...etc.
You're legal because you could swim across the Rio Grande????
The only swimmer I think that should be rewarded is the one that gets to the ovum first

stickman
05-12-2006, 02:38 AM
I'm of the same opinion. I have nothing against immigrants as long as they're legal. I have nothing against Mexicans, or any other nationality, until they cross our borders illegally. We have immigration laws for good reason.

DickLeonard
05-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Pooltchr does that mean we get Rid of George too. He is for guest workers for the Votes.####

pooltchr
05-12-2006, 10:03 AM
That is a given. He will be gone in 19 months
Steve

Drop1
05-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I remember getting turned down by Austrailia,they said I was mentaly,moraly,and physically unfit to be an Australian,and my spelling was bad.

Drop1
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I married a Mexican.Can I run for President on the shoot a Christian platform. How come they're born again,didn't the first time take? Actually I have a lot of friends that are Christians,and I really don't like them. A lot of my inlaws are Mexicans,and I don't like them either. Like who wants to have a picnic in a cemetary all night long? Well after the GWB fiasco,I hope Texans stay in their own Country. My Grandfather was a Texan,I didn't like him either."Where the hell is my medication"

Gayle in MD
05-13-2006, 05:21 AM
FYI, it was Ronald Reagan who opened the door for this mess, not a liberal. It was Ronald Reagan who sent the message to them to come here when he implemented the first amnesty program. And it is George Bush who has encouraged illegal immigration, and is for amnesty guest worker programs. Under each of them, illegal crossings increased, and under Bush they have gone through the roof in this country.

While I am not in support of the more compassionate view demonstrated by the left regarding this issue, it is important to remember that the right created the problem in the first place, and did so for the benefit of corporate fascists. If the right really cared about anything but money, and how they can stay in office in order to impose their misguided religious beliefs on a free society, and turn the clock back on human progress, and in order to continue to be dictators who ignore our laws, they wouldn't be mortgaging our childrens futures in debt to China, and ignoring our illegal alien laws for the benenfit of millionaire CEO's through their invitations to illegal aliens for cheap labor, tax cuts during war time, unprecedented national and trade debt, and continued efforts for a guest worker program, while they outsource American jobs, and pollute the environment to benefit of the Oil cartel in this country.

Gayle in Md.
Republican started the whole mess! NOT THE LEFT!

Sid_Vicious
05-13-2006, 06:19 AM
"Republican started the whole mess! NOT THE LEFT!"

Here's a prediction I have to give. The republicans, after messing this country up to no end, will be replaced by a democratic admin, and then instantly all of the righties here will blame the dems on the first day. Bush was in the grade school when 9-11 occurred, not Clinton but it's queer how righties still aim a finger at Bill C. instead of the incumbent, Bush. But just brag on Clinton's "best ever" economy and you'll get garbage like, "That was Reagan's policies kicking in." Like I said, when the Dems get back in, they'll instantly be blamed for the f'd up mess Bush has created, and this country will be without any common sense again. Conseratives or liberals...we as Americans will be the real losers in the end run. Scoff as much as you want, that's the facts...sid

Gayle in MD
05-13-2006, 06:42 AM
Treu, the right wing republican Christian Coalition will never be known for its grasp of the factual, that's for sure. Bush had in his hand, on October 6th, a memo entitled, "bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside United States" and there has been some testimony from CIA whistleblowers that the use of planes being crashed into buildings was among their plans. He had OVER A MONTH, to stop 9/11, but instead, his administration continued to press all our Intelligence Agencies, foreign and domestic, for information which would build a case for war with Iraq.

Had he simply instituted the universal list of photos of known terrorists, through our transportation facilities, which BTW, he STILL has not done, 9/11 could, and likely would have been prevented. Yet, posters on this forum, continued to write that 9/11 happened on Clinton 's watch, totally absurd, considering the Bush had been in office into his eighth month, and had shown absolutely NO interest in alQaeda, our greatest threat, but focussed only on Iraq.

When the next attack comes, and it will, having relinquished their laws and Constitution in the name of National Security, the right will finally have to begin to take responsibility for their faulty thinking, and acknowledge that George Bush has been the single most destructive force on our country in history.

Frankly, Martin, who cares WHAT republicans think, when we already know they CAN'T think!

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
05-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Right wing Christians can think,they just don't have the capacity to understand the consequences of their thoughts. They think Bush has lowered taxes,but they can't understand to do so he has eliminated the function of government.We are really giving people santuary from a represive institution,the Mexican/Church government.There are some really bright Jesus Freaks,and they will make a ton of money off the not so bright Jesus Freaks. China just opened it's first drive through McDonalds.There goes the neighbor hood.

SnakebyteXX
05-13-2006, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> I don't know how everybody else feels about it,<font color="blue">That's just pure BS plain and simple Charlie. You have a VERY GOOD idea of where popular sentiment stands at this point in time and it's apparent from reading this tripe that you're doing your level best here to preach to and incite the choir. </font color> but to me I think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally, made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations. <font color="blue">Of course you do. This is a common response from White America whenever a minority group shows signs of getting uppity. </font color>

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the United States of America, as it is a truly wonderful place. But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal, it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many la-la land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying to give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons,<font color="blue">That's open for debate. </font color> in fact I don't have anything against
Mexicans,<font color="blue">LIAR!! Anti-Mexican sentiment in this country is pervasive and runs very deep. It has been well documented and is a fact of life in America for most racial minorities.</font color> I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal and if you don't believe it, try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get.<font color="blue">That's right, you can't enter this country legally without a passport. However there are MANY illegal immigrants (non-Hispanic) in this country who came with a passport in hand and stayed once their visas expired. </font color>

What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tantamount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."<font color="blue">'Illegal' Mexicans have been crossing (and recrossing) our borders in droves for decades - with tacit approval of our politicians and local business interests. To some degree it's been a simple case of supply and demand. If the demand wasn't there we would have no supply.

Time and again I'm seeing people jump to the conclusion that the recent demonstrations consisted primarily of 'illegal' Mexicans. That's simply not true. The Latino population in this country is estimated at 42.7 million and counting. (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-na-census10may10,0,4517345.story?coll=la-home-headlines) This anti-illegals business has done more to inspire political activism on the part of our resident (read that LEGAL) Latino population than anything in recent history.

</font color>

little bit <font color="blue">Yeah, I get it - see 'uppity' above) </font color> and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening. <font color="blue">Charlie, it's happening because of economic demand combined with the willingness of the powers that be to look the other way. On top of it all we have the near physical impossibility of sealing off the Southern border. No one in Homeland Security in this post 9/11 time wants to admit that they can't/haven't been able to stop border infiltration. Geeze, they can force people to take off their shoes and give up their fingernail clippers before getting through airport screening but they can't seem to do anything about eleven million people crossing the border without being detected. What's wrong with that picture? It kind of makes the whole 'give up your Civil Rights in exchange for security' thing look like what it is - a sick joke. </font color>

Where are you, you bunch of lilly livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution ? Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomac again? <font color="blue">Not to worry, they'll be here with bells on as soon as they feel like their chances of being re-elected are in jeopardy. </font color>

And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway. Besides, what good is another law going to do when you won't enforce the ones on the books now? <font color="blue">Good question. </font color>

And what ever happened to the polls guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want something done about this mess, and mess it is, and getting bigger everyday. <font color="blue">That's exactly why I called the opening line of your rant BS. You're paying attention to the polls now, aren't you? Why pretend otherwise? </font color>

This is no longer a problem, it is a dilemma and headed for being a tragedy. Do you honestly think what happened in France, with the Muslims, can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take to the streets? <font color="blue">So... now you're feeling threatened by what those awful illegalís might do to us poor residents if we can't keep them employed? That's got such a familiar ring to it. Let's hearken back to the days of slavery when Southerners worried about black uprisings. Coming forward, let's play the race card yet again - White America threatened by the uprisings of racial minorities! Better get ready White America. Hire more police. Pass harsher laws with longer jail sentences for anyone who dares to get out of line. It's all there, isn't it Charlie? </font color>

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing for the kind of country your children and grandchildren will inherit.<font color="blue">The country that our (White) children and grandchildren are going to inherit is being built even as we speak. It will consist by the way of an ever increasing population of blacks, browns, reds and yellows each looking for their own piece of the American Dream. Get over it. </font color>

Shame on you.

One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except Christians) <font color="blue">Here you go pandering to your core audience again. </font color> you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you.<font color="blue"> And for good reason - because it's true.</font color>

rollin'.<font color="blue">So is Rush Limbaugh - and a holocaust denier or two - it doesn't mean that you're worth listening to any more than they are. </font color> And when it comes to speaking the truth, I fear not. And the truth is that the gutless, gonadless, milksopping politicians are just about to sell out the United States of America because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to face illegal reality. <font color="blue">Which is EXACTLY WHAT, Charlie? What does 'standing up to face illegal reality' really mean? Are you implying that they should all be rounded up and put in jail? Deported? Shot? How far do you want our government authorities to go to fix this problem? Maybe just far enough to get all those awful illegal brown people out of your sight and teach the other legal ones to watch their fricken step? You bettcha. </font color>

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to have 12 million illegalís in this country and turn around and say, "Oh it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your wrist." <font color="blue">If they were white instead of brown - and spoke English instead of Spanish - I'm thinking you'd be a whole lot more okay with it. By the way, do you recall how many millions of blacks there were in the South and North before slavery was ended? What did we do then? I mean before we decided to make them citizens? Seems like more than a few of us wanted to see them sent back to Africa - and not too many of us wanted to see them made 'legal'. Even after they became citizens it took decades before we grew concerned enough to grant them the same civil rights that other (white) citizens considered their birthright. Martin Luther King didn't come out of no where - </font color>

And I know that some of you who read this column are saying "Well what's wrong with that?"

I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are, or what they're up to and the way the Congress is moving, we're not going to. <font color="blue">Yeah, that's right! They're STRANGE and WEIRD and NOT LIKE US! </font color>

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture, as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well? <font color="blue">It's not just corporate agriculture that uses migrant labor (both illegal and legal). It's businesses across the board. </font color>

If these people were from Haiti, would we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them or if they were from Somalia or Afghanistan? I think not. <font color="blue">Do you mean,"If they were (shudder) BLACK?!!" Oh my God! Of course we wouldn't turn a blind eye. We ALL know that we already have way too many BLACKS in this country, right? And don't even get me started on the Muslims... </font color>

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have crossed the border just to try to better their life. <font color="blue">There's actually a pretty good reason for that Charlie. Because the vast majority of them are hard working, family oriented, honest people "just trying to better their life." (Damn! What's so hard to understand about that?) </font color> They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13,<font color="blue"> MS 13 has an estimated membership of eight to ten thousand members (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7244879/site/newsweek/). Current estimates of the illegal alien population stand at over eleven million. What's the ratio of ten thousand to eleven million, Charlie? I mean just how big of a deal are you trying to make out of a few rotten apples (that aren't even Mexican, by the way)? Are you trying to scare us Whites again with the prospect of being done in by out of control Hispanics? Can we honestly extrapolate ten thousand gang members into a threat from all eleven million illegalís? That's going to be tough. </font color> the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did. They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegalís, some fat cat hired to pick his crop.<font color="blue">Love the note of sympathy here. A brief tribute to just how shabbily Mexican migrants have been and are treated in this country. One of the odd things about this group is that they will put up with living in shanties and shacks in exchange for saving a few dollars from their often low paying jobs. In order to do what? Why to send money back to their worse off families in Mexico - that's what. These are horrible people all right. </font color>

violence on our streets while the wimps in Washington drag their toes in the dirt
and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can make to the acre. <font color="blue">Yep, here it is again - If we don't act fast these brown people are going to rise up and hurt us white people. Got it. </font color>

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon of mass destruction and set it off in a major American city after which there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen and Senators rush to the other side of the issue. <font color="blue">And you honestly think that it will be illegal Mexicans who do this and not any of the myriad known terrorists groups? So now the illegal Mexicans are going to kill us with a weapon of mass destruction that they manage to ferret across the border? Give me a break Charlie. </font color>

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going to lead the fight to get it straightened out." <font color="blue">Bring on the firing squads! </font color>

I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America, but if you don't respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others. <font color="blue">Damn straight buddy. They're all a bunch of criminals from the start. None of them can be trusted. They're going to rise up and hurt us if we can't keep them employed. They may kill us all with a weapon of mass destruction that they sneaked in on their backs. It's TIME FOR ACTION! </font color> And by the way, this is America and our flag has stars and stripes. Please get that other one out of my face. <font color="blue">Charlie, have you ever seen a big get together of Italian-Americans? Or Irish-Americans? Seems like I've seen their mother country flags waving along side Old Glory a time or two. What's the difference now? I mean aside from the fact that you hate Mexicans? </font color>

Pray for our troops

<font color="blue">Pray for yourself Charlie. </font color>

What do you think?

God Bless America
Charlie Daniels
April 10, 2006

<hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
05-13-2006, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> I don't know how everybody else feels about it,<font color="blue">That's just pure BS plain and simple Charlie. You have a VERY GOOD idea of where popular sentiment stands at this point in time and it's apparent from reading this tripe that you're doing your level best here to preach to and incite the choir. </font color> <font color="red"> Sorry, dude...the choir is already incited! Left, right, rep, dem...the majority of this country does not want anyone here illegally. </font color> but to me I think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally, made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations. <font color="blue">Of course you do. This is a common response from White America whenever a minority group shows signs of getting uppity. </font color> <font color="red"> It's not the minority group we have a problem with...it's the illegals! </font color>

I don't need sensitivity lessons,<font color="blue">That's open for debate. </font color> in fact I don't have anything against
Mexicans,<font color="blue">LIAR!! Anti-Mexican sentiment in this country is pervasive and runs very deep. It has been well documented and is a fact of life in America for most racial minorities.</font color> <font color="red"> You're starting to sound paranoid. It's not the Mexicans...it's the ILLEGALS! </font color> I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal and if you don't believe it, try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get.<font color="blue">That's right, you can't enter this country legally without a passport. However there are MANY illegal immigrants (non-Hispanic) in this country who came with a passport in hand and stayed once their visas expired. </font color> <font color="red"> Yes there are...and every damn one of them should be deported immediately! </font color>

What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tantamount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."<font color="blue">'Illegal' Mexicans have been crossing (and recrossing) our borders in droves for decades - with tacit approval of our politicians and local business interests. <font color="red"> That doesn't make it right...it's still illegal. I said Illegal. Look up the word...ILLEGAL I L L E G A L! It means against the law! And it makes those who break the law C R I M I N A L S </font color> To some degree it's been a simple case of supply and demand. If the demand wasn't there we would have no supply. <font color="red"> So maybe it's time to demand that the ILLEGALS be deported! </font color>

Time and again I'm seeing people jump to the conclusion that the recent demonstrations consisted primarily of 'illegal' Mexicans. That's simply not true. The Latino population in this country is estimated at 42.7 million and counting. (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-na-census10may10,0,4517345.story?coll=la-home-headlines) This anti-illegals business has done more to inspire political activism on the part of our resident (read that LEGAL) Latino population than anything in recent history. <font color="red"> Any group of people who support ILLEGALS is going to face an uphill battle. </font color>

</font color>

little bit <font color="blue">Yeah, I get it - see 'uppity' above) </font color> <font color="red"> If you want to call it that, fine. I don't think I'm better than anyone else in this country...but I know I'm more legal than many! </font color> and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening. <font color="blue">Charlie, it's happening because of economic demand combined with the willingness of the powers that be to look the other way. <font color="red"> Then it's time to demand that they stop looking the other way. </font color> On top of it all we have the near physical impossibility of sealing off the Southern border. <font color="red"> It could be done. </font color> No one in Homeland Security in this post 9/11 time wants to admit that they can't/haven't been able to stop border infiltration. <font color="red"> Quite frankly, I don't think they've tried. That is why regular citizens are taking matters into their own hands </font color> Geeze, they can force people to take off their shoes and give up their fingernail clippers before getting through airport screening but they can't seem to do anything about eleven million people crossing the border without being detected. <font color="red"> I agree...that's nuts! </font color> What's wrong with that picture? It kind of makes the whole 'give up your Civil Rights in exchange for security' thing look like what it is - a sick joke. </font color>

Where are you, you bunch of lilly livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution ? Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomac again? <font color="blue">Not to worry, they'll be here with bells on as soon as they feel like their chances of being re-elected are in jeopardy. </font color>

And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway. Besides, what good is another law going to do when you won't enforce the ones on the books now? <font color="blue">Good question. </font color>

And what ever happened to the polls guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want something done about this mess, and mess it is, and getting bigger everyday. <font color="blue">That's exactly why I called the opening line of your rant BS. You're paying attention to the polls now, aren't you? Why pretend otherwise? </font color> <font color="red"> Maybe the polls are starting to show how fed up the average American is with the whole ILLEGAL situation </font color>

This is no longer a problem, it is a dilemma and headed for being a tragedy. Do you honestly think what happened in France, with the Muslims, can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take to the streets? <font color="blue">So... now you're feeling threatened by what those awful illegalís might do to us poor residents if we can't keep them employed? That's got such a familiar ring to it. Let's hearken back to the days of slavery when Southerners worried about black uprisings. Coming forward, let's play the race card yet again - White America threatened by the uprisings of racial minorities! <font color="red"> I don't have a problem with minorities...I don't have a problem with Mexicans...however, it would be nice if they decide to come here, they learn the language rather than demanding we cater to them by providing everything in two languages. This is the United States. Our language is English. You want to live here? Learn the language! </font color> Better get ready White America. Hire more police. Pass harsher laws with longer jail sentences for anyone who dares to get out of line. It's all there, isn't it Charlie? </font color>

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing for the kind of country your children and grandchildren will inherit.<font color="blue">The country that our (White) children and grandchildren are going to inherit is being built even as we speak. It will consist by the way of an every increasing population of blacks, browns, reds and yellows each looking for their own piece of the American Dream. Get over it. </font color>

Shame on you.

One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except Christians) <font color="blue">Here you go pandering to your core audience again. </font color> <font color="red"> Do you have your head buried in the sand? There isn't a minority group of people anywhere who don't scream racism whenever things don't go there way. </font color> you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you.<font color="blue"> And for good reason - because it's true.</font color> <font color="red"> Do I detect some anti-white racism here? </font color>

rollin'.<font color="blue">So is Rush Limbaugh - and a holocaust denier or two - it doesn't mean that you're worth listening to any more than they are. </font color> And when it comes to speaking the truth, I fear not. And the truth is that the gutless, gonadless, milksopping politicians are just about to sell out the United States of America because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to face illegal reality. <font color="blue">Which is EXACTLY WHAT, Charlie? What does 'standing up to face illegal reality' really mean? Are you implying that they should all be rounded up and put in jail? Deported? <font color="red"> YES! Everyone who is in this country illegally should be booted out! </font color> Shot? How far do you want our government authorities to go to fix this problem? <font color="red"> Far enough so the entire population of the country is legally here </font color> Maybe just far enough to get all those awful illegal brown people out of your sight and teach the other legal ones to watch their fricken step? You bettcha. </font color> <font color="red"> I don't care what color they are..as long as they are LEGAL! (Damn, there's that word again! </font color>

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to have 12 million illegalís in this country and turn around and say, "Oh it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your wrist." <font color="blue">If they were white instead of brown - and spoke English instead of Spanish - I'm thinking you'd be a whole lot more okay with it. <font color="red"> That is just your racist, biggoted, paranoid opinion </font color> By the way, do you recall how many millions of blacks there were in the South and North before slavery was ended? <font color="red"> They were here LEGALLY! </font color> What did we do then? I mean before we decided to make them citizens? Seems like more than a few of us wanted to see them sent back to Africa - and not too many of us wanted to see them made 'legal'. Even after they became citizens it took decades before we grew concerned enough to grant them the same civil rights that other (white) citizens considered their birthright. Martin Luther King didn't come out of no where - </font color> <font color="red"> Bringing this up just emphasized that you are more concerned with race than you are with LEGALITY! </font color>

I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are, or what they're up to and the way the Congress is moving, we're not going to. <font color="blue">Yeah, that's right! They're STRANGE and WEIRD and NOT LIKE US! </font color>

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture, as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well? <font color="blue">It's not just corporate agriculture that uses migrant labor (both illegal and legal). It's businesses across the board. </font color>

If these people were from Haiti, would we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them or if they were from Somalia or Afghanistan? I think not. <font color="blue">Do you mean,"If they were (shudder) BLACK?!!" Oh my God! Of course we wouldn't turn a blind eye. We ALL know that we already have way too many BLACKS in this country, right? And don't even get me started on the Muslims... </font color> <font color="red"> racial biggoted paranoid thinking </font color>

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have crossed the border just to try to better their life. <font color="blue">There's actually a pretty good reason for that Charlie. Because the vast majority of them are hard working, family oriented, honest people "just trying to better their life." (Damn! What's so hard to understand about that?) </font color> <font color="red">The issue isn't Hispanics...it's ILLEGALS! (Damn! What's so hard to understand about that?) </font color> They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13,<font color="blue"> MS 13 has an estimated membership of eight to ten thousand members (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7244879/site/newsweek/). Current estimates of the illegal alien population stand at over eleven million. What's the ratio of ten thousand to eleven million, Charlie? I mean just how big of a deal are you trying to make out of a few rotten apples (that aren't even Mexican, by the way)? Are you trying to scare us Whites again with the prospect of being done in by out of control Hispanics? Can we honestly extrapolate ten thousand gang members into a threat from all eleven million illegalís? That's going to be tough. </font color> the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did. They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegalís, some fat cat hired to pick his crop.<font color="blue">Love the note of sympathy here. A brief tribute to just how shabbily Mexican migrants have been and are treated in this country. One of the odd things about this group is that they will put up with living in shanties and shacks in exchange for saving a few dollars from their often low paying jobs. In order to do what? Why to send money back to their worse off families in Mexico - that's what. These are horrible people all right. </font color>

and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can make to the acre. <font color="blue">Yep, here it is again - If we don't act fast these brown people are going to rise up and hurt us white people. Got it. </font color> <font color="red"> Not brown people...ILLEGALS! </font color>

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon of mass destruction and set it off in a major American city after which there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen and Senators rush to the other side of the issue. <font color="blue">And you honestly think that it will be illegal Mexicans who do this and not any of the myriad known terrorists groups? <font color="red"> Maybe, maybe not...but as long as people are coming across the boarder illegally, anyone who has a mind to, could certainly do it </font color> So now the illegal Mexicans are going to kill us with a weapon of mass destruction that they manage to ferret across the border? Give me a break Charlie. </font color>

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going to lead the fight to get it straightened out." <font color="blue">Bring on the firing squads! </font color>

I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America, but if you don't respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others. <font color="blue">Damn straight buddy. They're all a bunch of criminals from the start. <font color="red"> Actually, when they come here illegally, that's exactly what they are...criminals from the start </font color> None of them can be trusted. They're going to rise up and hurt us if we can't keep them employed. They may kill us all with a weapon of mass destruction that they sneaked in on their backs. It's TIME FOR ACTION! </font color> And by the way, this is America and our flag has stars and stripes. Please get that other one out of my face. <font color="blue">Charlie, have you ever seen a big get together of Italian-Americans? Or Irish-Americans? Seems like I've seen their mother country flags waving along side Old Glory a time or two. What's the difference now? I mean aside from the fact that you hate Mexicans? </font color>

Pray for our troops

<font color="blue">Pray for yourself Charlie. </font color>

What do you think?

God Bless America
Charlie Daniels
April 10, 2006

<hr /></blockquote>
<hr /></blockquote>

SnakebyteXX
05-13-2006, 10:31 AM
There's no doubt that the 'illegal' argument stands on its own merit. Formally, it's against the law to cross the border into this country without a passport. Informally, there are well worn paths in and out of Mexico that thousands of 'illegals' use every day WITH tacit approval of local authorities.

So, what will you have to say if and when the powers that be (Federal Government) passes legislation legalizing this group?

After all is said and done the only difference between being here legally or illegally for these folks may come down to the stroke of a pen.

What then? If it comes to pass that these eleven million ILLEGALS are LEGALIZED, will you abide by the law of the land and welcome them with open arms?

Or do your true feelings run deeper than the law?

DickLeonard
05-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Gayle have I ever told your I love you.####

pooltchr
05-13-2006, 07:05 PM
I abide by all the laws in this country, whether I personally agree with them or not. I have made my feelings know tho every elected official in Washington that I can make contact with. If enough people do the same, maybe they will see the light. If they pass legislation making the illegals, I will have no choice but to accept the results. I will also have a choice when I step into the voting booth the next time. Will I resent those who benefit from the legislation? No! Do I think it would be in the best interest of this country? No! But I am just one person. We live in a representative republic (not a democracy), and that's the way it works. Any animosity I might have would be directed toward those who foolishly passed the laws, not toward the beneficiaries of the legislation.
Steve

Gayle in MD
05-14-2006, 05:23 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yes, thank you, and the feeling is mutual!!!

Love,
Gayle

Alfie
05-14-2006, 12:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> So, what will you have to say if and when the powers that be (Federal Government) passes legislation legalizing this group?
<hr /></blockquote>This would just send the message to keep on coming.
Wrong message.

Poolteacher voiced my sentiments exactly.

Lester
05-15-2006, 04:08 AM
Received the following from (Tom O'Malley) who was a Director with SW
BELL in Mexico City.

You remember I spent five years working in Mexico.

I worked under a tourist Visa for three months and could legally
renew
it for three more months. After that you were working Illegally. I
was
technically illegal for three weeks waiting on the FM3 approval.

During that six months our Mexican and US Attorneys were working to
secure a permanent work visa called a FM3. It was in addition to my
US
passport that I had to show each time I entered and left the country.

Barbara's was the same except hers did not permit her to work.

To apply for the FM3 I needed to submit the following notarized
originals (not copies) of my:
1. Birth certificate for Barbara and I.
2. Marriage certificate.
3. High school transcripts and proof of graduation.
4. College transcripts for every college I attended and proof of
graduation.
5. Two letters of recommendation from supervisors I had worked for
at
least one year.
6. A letter from The ST. Louis Chief of Police indication I had no

arrest record in the US and no outstanding warrants and was "a
citizen in
good standing."
7. Finally; I had to write a letter about myself that clearly
stated
why there was no Mexican Citizen with my skills and why my skills
were
important to Mexico. We called it our "I am the greatest person on
Earth"
letter. It was fun to write.
All of the above were in English that had to be translated into
Spanish
and be certified as legal translations and our signatures notarized.
It
produced a folder about 1.5 inches thick with English on the left
side
and Spanish on the right.

Once they were completed Barbara and I spent about five hours
accompanied by a Mexican Attorney touring Mexican Government office
locations and being photographed and fingerprinted at least three
times.
At each location and we remember at least four locations we
instructed on
Mexican tax, labor, housing, and criminal law and that we were
required
to obey their laws or face the consequences. We could not protest any
of
the Governments actions or we would be committing a felony. We paid
out
four thousand dollars in fees and bribes to complete the process.
When
this was done we could legally bring in our household goods that
were
held by US customs in Laredo Texas. This meant we had rented
furniture
in Mexico while awaiting our goods. There were extensive fees
involved
here that the company paid.

We could not buy a home and were required to rent at very high
rates
and under contract and compliance with Mexican law.

We were required to get a Mexican drivers license. This was an
amazing
process. The company arranged for the Licensing agency to come to our

Headquarters location with their photography and finger print
equipment
and the laminating machine. We showed our US license, were
photographed
and fingerprinted again and issued the license instantly after paying
out
a six dollar fee. We did not take a written or driving test and
never
received instructions on the rules of the road. Our only instruction
was
never give a policeman your license if stopped and asked. We were
instructed to hold it against the inside window away from his grasp.
If
he got his hands on it you would have to pay ransom to get it back.

We then had to pay and file Mexican income tax annually using the
number of our FM3 as our ID number. The companies Mexican accountants
did
this for us and we just signed what they prepared. I was about
twenty
legal size pages annually.

The FM 3 was good for three years and renewable for two more after
paying more fees.

Leaving the country meant turning in the FM# and certifying we were
leaving no debts behind and no outstanding legal affairs (warrants,
tickets or liens) before our household goods were released to
customs.

It was a real adventure and If any of our Senators or Congressman
went
through it once they would have a different attitude toward Mexico.

The Mexican Government uses its vast military and police forces to
keep
its citizens intimidated and compliant. They never protest at their
White
house or government offices but do protest daily in front of the
United
States Embassy. The US embassy looks like a strongly reinforced
fortress
and during most protests the Mexican Military surround the block with

their men standing shoulder to shoulder in full riot gear to protect
the
Embassy. These protests are never shown on US or Mexican TV. There is
a
large public park across the street where they do their protesting.
Anything can cause a protest such as proposed law changes in
California
or Texas.

Please feel free to share this with everyone who thinks we are
being
hard on illegal immigrants.