PDA

View Full Version : For those of you interested...

Karatemom
05-12-2006, 06:35 PM
It is coming up on a year since Chris has passed. So here is my life in a nutshell over the last year.

Chris' passing was hard, but it was easier for me to handle than most people might think. I had just gotten done dealing with my mom's passing and we knew that Chris' was inevitable, so it was easier to deal with for that reason.

I had a lot of friends here at home that came up to the plate for me and Chris, and made sure I was taking care of myself and Christ, too. One of those friends was one of Chris' good friends, who went up to the hospital the week prior to his passing to spend time with him so he wasn't alone while I was at work.

Shortly after Chris passed, I started dating one his friends. It had been such a long time since I had fun and knew what having friends was all about. I was more than ready to begin a new life, move on from the old one. He and I have done so much together and it is just so right. He has 2 girls, one is Christ's age, the other is 8, and we are one big happy family. He proposed in February, which I accepted and have set a date for next year.

We take family mini-vacations for the weekend. I have started country line dancing and love it! His only fault is he is a Cubs fan! LOL. He shoots pool as well, and fishes, which he is teaching me to do. He is very active in Christ's life, playing basketball, catch, football, tennis, everything, with him. I actually have a life these days and it sure feels good.

It took Christ some time to get used to the fact that Mom doesn't have Dad anymore and that "Frenchy" (his nickname), is a good guy. He is a wonderful father figure for Christ. With Christ starting high school in August, a man around the house as disciplined and fun as Jerry is a really good thing.

That is the short version I suppose. I wasn't sure how anyone here would take it. I hope you can all be happy for me, as happy as I am. I care about what you all have to say.

Heide

cueball1950
05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Let me be the 1st to congratulate you. Knowing Chris the little that i did know him i am sure that he would want you to get on with your life and the life of christs. Keep up a stiff upper lip and keep your head hi. We, all on this board do love you. And thank you for the update on you life and christs. Keep you in my prayers....................mike

Sid_Vicious
05-12-2006, 10:03 PM
No matter what, I'm happy you are happy. Chris would be the first to feel the same. A special phase in your life existed "yesterday" and the times you dealt with were unsurmountable for someone like me with my simple life from day to day. One thing I'm sure everyone here wants you to know Heidi,,,you are part of our minds and souls, so come back and be with us more. I feel that way, that's for sure. Luv ya Kiddo...sid

stickman
05-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Hiede, I'm glad that things are going well for you, and that you are happy. Congratulations on your engagement! I'm sure that Chris would want you to be happy. I went through a bad spell late last year. My Mom died. I had another stroke about two weeks later. Then when I returned home, my Dad had a stroke, and died a few days later. I haven't played much pool, but have been very active with my Harley motorcycle. I work part-time in a motorcycle shop. I have a new girlfriend!! I don't think I'll ever get married again, but I'm happy with that, and she feels the same way. Life is good. Love and best wishes to you and Christ.

Jim

sack316
05-13-2006, 03:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> His only fault is he is a Cubs fan!
<hr /></blockquote>

Sounds like a great guy to me!

Seriously though, I'm glad you are happy and wish you nothing but continued happiness... I'd have a hard time thinking of anybody who deserves it more. Thanks for letting us know how you've been and keep in touch!

Sack

Gayle in MD
05-13-2006, 04:11 AM
Heidi,
I know Chris is smiling down on you and Christ, and congrats. If anything happened to me, I would not want Jim to be alone, but to go on with his life, and make it all it could be, hopefully, with someone who would love him as much as I do.

Good to know you're doing well.

Love,
Gayle

9 Ball Girl
05-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Heidi!

If you and Spike are happy, which is what counts, then I'm happy for you too. I can't believe that he's going into high school! Wow!

Like you, I don't play much. Not because of anger, just because that itch to play just isn't there for me anymore. The last time I played was when I went to SPetty's in Texas last June. And maybe 4 more times after that with nAz. The more I play, the more disgusted I become but I don't mind watching tournaments.

Anyway, remember the dude that I was going out with? Well, I gave him his walking papers last October for good and I've been single since and don't ever want to get involved again. Maybe I'll get as lucky as you one day!

To echo everyone else's comments, we miss you and hope to see you around some more.

Check your PMs!

9BG and Spike [i]circa September 2003[i]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pa73e9d34a8863f7deffdf6b68ad71039/fafbae2f.jpg

wolfdancer
05-13-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm glad to hear that after the tragedy of losing Chris.....something nice is happening in your life.

nAz
05-13-2006, 11:53 AM
well if you feel good, i guess that is all that really matters.

stay happy and well.

cheesemouse
05-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Way to go K-mom...I'm very happy for you and the kid...Chris wanted this for you...you're a great girl and I wish you all the happiness out there...:)

Barbara
05-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Heidi,

It's great to hear that you have found happiness after all you've been through! Christ may not fully understand or be aware of what you've gone through and what you're experiencing now, but in time he will come to understand and realize that it's best to move on and try to find happiness where you can.

Congrats and Best Wishes!

Barbara

Brian in VA
05-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Heide,
I am a firm believer that the universe knows what it's doing. This sounds to me like an example of that theory at it's finest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif When it happens this way, it's better than anyone can describe and better than many of us think we deserve. You deserve it and Spike deserves it, too. I'm very glad you've found happiness. Congratulations! All the best to you, Christ and Jerry and his girls on a terrific life together.

Brian in VA

SPetty
05-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Howdy Heide, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the update. You know there's a lot of people here who care about you, but may not know how to express it or what to do. I think of you guys every time I get to Vegas - I'll be there in a few weeks for the VNEA tourney this year.

If Frenchy is a pool player, maybe he'd appreciate an introduction to the CCB - a family of pool players!

Anyway, congratulations on your engagement. Please keep us posted on your wedding plans.

Christ is in high school? Geez, wasn't he only 8 years old when I met him a few years ago? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Take care, and thanks for touching base,
-- SPetty

cueball1950
05-13-2006, 08:31 PM
MySpetty....boy hve i been missing your posts lately. i figured that my somedsy thir to petty point pool hall may have to be put off for another time, But we love ya baby abd always miss you.........................mike

Karatemom
05-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Jim, I'm so sorry about your parents. It's hard to find the words, but I think you know what I mean. There are no words to describe how horrible that is. I'm thrilled you have a girlfriend, and jealous of the Harley! lol. Hope for some nice weather, which we haven't had lately here, to get out and ride that big boy!

Love hearing from you,

Heide

Scott Lee
05-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Heide...Happy Mother's Day! I've sure missed being able to come see you guys, but I'm very happy that things have worked out the way they have for you. I, myself, met someone, and got married just six months ago. I hope to be relocating to MI this summer, and will stop in and see all of you, when I do. Glad for you, girl! Love to Spike too!
Can't wait to play some with him!

Scott Lee

Karatemom
05-15-2006, 04:01 AM
Hey buddy! That is wonderful news. I miss hearing from you as well. It would be wonderful for you to stop in some time. Don't know if I'll be playing, but I'd put Christ up against you anyday, haha. Congratulations!

Heide