PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Clinton outperformed Bush

SnakebyteXX
05-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Friday, May 12, 2006; Posted: 10:41 p.m. EDT (02:41 GMT)
(CNN) -- In a new poll comparing President Bush's job performance with that of his predecessor, a strong majority of respondents said President Clinton outperformed Bush on a host of issues.

The poll of 1,021 adult Americans was conducted May 5-7 by Opinion Research Corp. for CNN. It had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Respondents favored Clinton by greater than 2-to-1 margins when asked who did a better job at handling the economy (63 percent Clinton, 26 percent Bush) and solving the problems of ordinary Americans (62 percent Clinton, 25 percent Bush). (Watch whether Americans are getting nostalgic for the Clinton era -- 1:57)

On foreign affairs, the margin was 56 percent to 32 percent in Clinton's favor; on taxes, it was 51 percent to 35 percent for Clinton; and on handling natural disasters, it was 51 percent to 30 percent, also favoring Clinton.

Moreover, 59 percent said Bush has done more to divide the country, while only 27 percent said Clinton had.

When asked which man was more honest as president, poll respondents were more evenly divided, with the numbers -- 46 percent Clinton to 41 percent Bush -- falling within the poll's margin of error. The same was true for a question on handling national security: 46 percent said Clinton performed better; 42 percent picked Bush.

Clinton was impeached in 1998 over testimony he gave in a deposition about an extramarital sexual relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinksy. He was later aquitted by the Senate.

web page (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/12/bush.clinton.poll/index.html)

Gayle in MD
05-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Oh my, is America finally waking up! Just listening to the differences in the two men speak about issues of the day would make it clear for most people that Clinton always had a great command of whatever subject was under discussion. He always displayed a deep understanding of any issue. No notes, just fully informed, and well spoken, unlike the chimp, who can't tell the truth about anything, including the size of the fish he catches,... his claim of a seven pound Perch, when the biggest Perch on record, is 4.3 lbs! What kind of man brags about a fish he caught in his own stocked pond in the first place, LMAO!!! And what kind of administration braggs about a strong economy when we are trillions in debt, and counting, and the jobless rate does not include those who have been jobless for so long that they no longer qualify for assistance, and are not included in the numbers of jobless.

The only thing that Bush will be remembered for is his automatic and amazing ability in the field of deception!

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
05-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This comparision is totally unfair. The country wasn't at war when Bill was CEO, and Bill has something GW couldn't buy....charisma.
You should go back further and compare this Presidency with some of the great leaders of the past.
Monetary policy....Ronald Reagan...sure it's taken longer for the trickle down to actually trickle down, but....the Gip wouldn't gyp us.....
Peter principle....Eisenhower...great General, good University President.....in over his head as head of state.
Moving the country ahead....Herbert Hoover.....he didn't even have any jobs to outsource
In bed with big oil....Warren Harding ...Teapot Dome
best V.P....Spiro Agnew
Rather then name several others....the best comparision, in my opinion would be Ulysses S. Grant.
Quoting from the Whitehouse.Gov
"When he was elected, the American people hoped for an end to turmoil. Grant provided neither vigor nor reform. Looking to Congress for direction, he seemed bewildered. One visitor to the White House noted "a puzzled pathos, as of a man with a problem before him of which he does not understand the terms.""
And quoting Grant
"Let us have peace." It's All Quiet Along the Potomac Tonight ..."
Damn liberals always trying to make GW look bad, by comapring him to an intelligent person....

Rich R.
05-13-2006, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> This comparision is totally unfair. The country wasn't at war when Bill was CEO, <hr /></blockquote>
I guess that is another point in Bill's favor. He chose not to put us into a war, where GWB went out of his way, and lied, to put us into a war. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
05-14-2006, 06:00 AM
LOL...Well, the White House is now a secret place, where when laws are broken, the Republican majority refuses to perform meaningful investigations, and when a leak emerges which exposes the criminal activity in the White House, the press is blamed, (Or Clinton's Blow Job) and the administration activates severe punishment for those partiotic whistleblowers who dare to expose their law breaking, while covering up their own indescretions under the banner of National Security. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Gee, sounds like Nixon to me, oh, but that's right, Nixon didn't promote torture, just killing Jack Anderson.

Watergate is back, only this time with prostitutes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Shop lifters are in charge of domestic affairs, CIA experts on WMD's are outed by the same President and Vice President who built a case for war by twisting the intel to claim the presence of WMD's, /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif ALL Americans are being spied upon to Keep Us Safe /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif while the president want's amnesty for illegals aliens, in the same country where illegal aliens blew up the World Trade Center and killed three thousand people, and trys to convince us that the best retaliation for the attack is to go lose the lives of over 2400 of our troops, and counting, in a country that had nothing to do with the attack, for the benefit of people who hate us /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif WE all know now that so far we have been lied to, spied upon, some of us un-necessarily dead and permanently injured, and all by the same man who's policy is STAY THE COURSE, and whose only answer for his spying is "TRUST ME" /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif But has failed to bring the two planners of the original attack to justice, and has failed to get the guy who has twice attacked us on our soil, while running up the most massive debt in the history of this country, and at the same time professes that the economy is good, and he has caught a seven pound perch, and his Vice President only had one beer before he shot his best friend!

BWA HA HA HA HA HA....this republican right wing government, is REALLY somethin'

DickLeonard
05-16-2006, 05:10 AM
Gayle the Idiot did more to kill the fish in the Adirondack and he is bragging about catching a fish that a Navy Seal probably attached to his hook.

I can just see Laura talking to Karl Rove saying George would love to catch a fish don't you think we can arrange to have his dream come true.####

Fran Crimi
05-16-2006, 07:35 AM
What are the demographics on the people polled? How do they normally vote, democrat or republican?

I'll answer the question for you. CNN doesn't say.

Fran

Gayle in MD
05-16-2006, 07:44 AM
LMAO, sounds probable to me, they arrange all other realities to suit their desires, why not a perch on a hook! On second thought, I don't think Stepford Wives are allowed to make suggestions! Condi probably jumped in and hooked it up for the chimp!

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
05-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Fran, if you can't trust CNN.......who can you trust, FOX?
Anyway to answer your question....the people polled were all women, under 30. Some were WH interns,WH visitors, and a few assorted streetwalkers.
George promises, but Bill delivered.......

Gayle in MD
05-17-2006, 08:04 AM
I think it's kind of funny to question polls, when they are all showing the same numbers, LOL.

Gayle in Md.

moblsv
05-17-2006, 08:26 AM
some recent #'s

source/approve/disapprove/unsure/approve minus disapprove

ABC/Washington Post 33 65 2 -32
Newsweek 35 59 6 -24
Gallup 33 61 6 -28
CBS/New York Times 31 63 6 -32
CNN 34 58 8 -24
USA Today/Gallup 31 65 5 -34
FOX/Opinion Dynamics 38 53 9 -15 (margin or error +/- the truth)
AP-Ipsos 33 65 * -32

moblsv
05-17-2006, 08:27 AM
. http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval_files/Approval_27267_image001.gif

wolfdancer
05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
what's interesting there is his 55% approval ratings on the 2004 election period.
If we weren't at war....I think he would have been defeated.
And if he was a corporate CEO with the current approval ratings....the board would have long ago asked him to tender his resignation.

Fran Crimi
05-17-2006, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I think it's kind of funny to question polls, when they are all showing the same numbers, LOL.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Really? You think it's funny to question polls, Gayle?

Shame on you.

Fran

Gayle in MD
05-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Good example of how long it takes the right to absorb reality, and do an appropriate flip flop, after three years of calling we early Bush critics unpatriotic America haters!

They taunted us saying we weren't smart enough to get a democratic presidential contender elected, then they outdid us by giving a second term to the worst president in history! Looks like the bright right wasn't so bright afterall! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.
SO PROUD I DIDN'T VOTE FOR GEORGE BUSH!!!

Gayle in MD
05-17-2006, 09:44 AM
when they are all showing the same numbers, LOL.

Gayle in Md.

When the figures jive from combined polls, I'd say it's a slam dunk, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
05-18-2006, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> What are the demographics on the people polled? How do they normally vote, democrat or republican?

I'll answer the question for you. CNN doesn't say.

Well, Fran, I'll tell you one thing; almost every
one in my area that I've talked to, Rep. or Dem.,
who voted for GW now deeply regrets it for many,
many reasons.

hondo
05-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Yeah, Gayle. We Irish have always felt an affinity
for Poles.

Really? You think it's funny to question polls, Gayle?

Shame on you.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
05-19-2006, 07:22 AM
LOL...Tell ya the truth, the statistical information regarding individual wealth, who is worth much more, and who is sliding on the economic scale, are the numbers that really tell the story on Bush, and what he is doing to this country. The wealthy in this country are enjoying huge gains, while the poor, the middle and even low end of the upper middle class, are sliding.

People can say what they like about Clinton. I, personally, neither loved or disliked him, but he was a ten times better president than Bush, in many many ways, IMO.

Gayle in Md.