PDA

View Full Version : In the year 2525

wolfdancer
05-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Dr. Dave's dissection of Hal's aiming system will have recorded it's 1 millionth view, with over 33k replies.
As the post finally winds down after crashing BD's servers for the thousandth time....the results are still inconclusive.... like a helicopter, and a frisbee, it can be proven on paper, that the system will not "fly"... the over half million adherents to the system however, continue to claim that it is pool's "Rosetta Stone........"

nAz
05-15-2006, 07:23 PM
I still don't get that thread. every time i skim through it i say to hell with it and go out and play pool. maybe one day I'll run into Hal and he can explain it to me while we video tape it, hopefully I'll have my laser guided perpendicular ruler handy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Harold Acosta
05-15-2006, 07:59 PM
In the year 2525 (519 years from now), no one on earth will know who the hell we were, or whatever system we were probably using.

By that time, they will be probably playing 3 ball or 2 ball since with the possible overpopulation of the world, 9 ball and 8 ball will be forgotten because it is such a boring and long game....

SpiderMan
05-15-2006, 10:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> In the year 2525 (519 years from now), no one on earth will know who the hell we were, or whatever system we were probably using.

By that time, they will be probably playing 3 ball or 2 ball since with the possible overpopulation of the world, 9 ball and 8 ball will be forgotten because it is such a boring and long game....
<hr /></blockquote>

Or we'll all have perfected our play to the point that the only game sufficiently challenging to hold our interest will be Patrick's "rotation straight pool" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

cushioncrawler
05-16-2006, 04:04 AM
In 2525.............
The earl of oxford iz identifyd az Shake-Speare.
Einstein iz identifyd az an erring plagiarizing fake.
Aramith admit that their ballz have been Bakelite all along.
In Washington, the President pledgez to beef up the border, to stop legal exit.

wolfdancer
05-16-2006, 08:26 AM
lol !!!

bsmutz
05-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Jimmy "the Borg" Bishop won the Interplanetary Pool Tour Championships this past quarter-parsec with an outstanding 16 planet carom into the active volcano Qranovost on the planet BP-19 in the Bulovia sector. He credits Viking Space Cues (maker of the titanium-core, dual-rocketed, and laser guided single-occupant space cue he put to such good use) for his domination over the other 14,736 competitors that turned out for this galaxy-wide event...
He would also like to extend his gratitude to DriverMaker (cleverly disguised as mybreak), a 21st century thinker credited with debunking the myth of playing interplanetary pool without aiming.

wolfdancer
05-16-2006, 01:55 PM
As a gal i used to know from way back would say "now that's hi....larious"

Cueless Joey
05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Drivermaker would be on his 90th alias.
He opens a new thread.
Non-aimers pls post here part 90. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
By that time I'd be all senior open champ.
In nunchuk twirling contest.

Bob_Jewett
05-16-2006, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> ... Or we'll all have perfected our play to the point that the only game sufficiently challenging to hold our interest will be Patrick's "rotation straight pool" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
You're not setting your sights high enough. I have run 10 racks of "rotation one pocket" without the cue ball touching a cushion ... in Virtual Pool.

pooltchr
05-16-2006, 05:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> You're not setting your sights high enough. I have run 10 racks of "rotation one pocket" without the cue ball touching a cushion ... in Virtual Pool. <hr /></blockquote>
Bob,
When you can do it both right handed, then left handed, then one handed, let me know! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

DickLeonard
05-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Bsmutz a very well thought out post you may think it a farce but my friend the Dr. who I played with for years and hosted Fran and Stretch years ago. He would say I was a spatial genius and I should avail NASA of my ability. I would ask what could I teach them and he would say to billiard off of planets etc. I always thought it a little far fetched until the Space Ship reached Jupiter and it got there by picking up speed orbiting other planets and leaving their gravitational fields.####

It was then that I realized he wasn't kidding.

SpiderMan
05-17-2006, 08:15 AM
i'm humbled /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif