PDA

View Full Version : Dobbs: Bush speech satisfies nobody

nAz
05-17-2006, 07:39 AM
No sh*t sherlock...

Dobbs: Bush speech satisfies nobody

By Lou Dobbs
CNN

Wednesday, May 17, 2006; Posted: 10:42 a.m. EDT (14:42 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush's address from the Oval Office on border security and illegal immigration failed to satisfy either advocates of amnesty or those demanding that the government secure our borders and ports. Whether by design or not, however, the president did manage to advance public awareness of both crises.

The president finally acknowledged the unsustainable social and economic burdens of permitting millions of illegal aliens to forge documents, pressure our public schools and hospitals, and overtax our local and state budgets.

And the president, in asking for more border patrol officers and sending 6,000 National Guardsmen to our southern border to support the Border Patrol, also acknowledged the federal government's utter failure to protect the American people by securing our borders, across which as many as three million illegal aliens enter this country each year.

President Bush's five-point plan began with the words, "First, the United States must secure its borders." But the president did not assign any urgency to the national task of doing so. Deploying as many as 6,000 members of the National Guard to help secure our broken border with Mexico is positive step.

But the president's proposal to place those National Guardsmen in some sort of adjunct support role is peculiar at best, and without question, woefully inadequate. The president sounded as if he were trying to appease Mexico's President Vicente Fox, assuring him we would not militarize the border. If there is to be appeasement at all, that should fall to the Mexican government rather than President Bush.

Not only are millions of illegal aliens entering the United States each year across that border, but so are illegal drugs. More cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and marijuana flood across the Mexican than from any other place, more than three decades into the war on drugs.

President Bush and all the open borders advocates should be held to account for not doing everything in their power to destroy the drug traffic across our borders, as well as illegal immigration.

If it is necessary to send 20,000 -- 30,000 National Guard troops to the border with Mexico to preserve our national sovereignty and protect the American people from rampant drug trafficking, illegal immigration and the threat of terrorists, than I cannot imagine why this president and this Congress would hesitate to do so.

And how can this president and this Congress begin to rationalize placing immigration reform, which has been neglected since the last amnesty 20 years ago, ahead of national security and the safety of all Americans?

President Bush went on to say that in order to secure our borders we must create a temporary guest worker program. What? Come again, Mr. President. The president knows better, and so do the American people. Control of our borders and ports is necessary to our national security and a temporary worker program is an exploitive luxury for corporate America.

The president also said we need to hold employers who hire illegal aliens accountable, but he failed to say how. What should be the penalties for these illegal employers? How large a fine should they receive? How many years in jail for the executives of such companies?

It would have been inspiring to hear the president say that he and his friend Vicente Fox had discussed illegal immigration and drug trafficking and reached an agreement that both our country's militaries would be used to create a joint border security force, one that working together would ensure the integrity of the Untied States/Mexico border.

Wouldn't it have been nice as well for this president to suggest that the U.S. government would also take seriously its responsibilities to create a new and efficient immigration system to accommodate the backlog of millions of people trying to do the right thing? The same agency that would have to oversee Mr. Bush's amnesty program could not begin to do so because the Citizenship and Immigration Services already faces a backlog of millions of people who are trying to enter this country lawfully.

Aside from the fact that both political parties are complicit with corporate America and special interests in placing so-called immigration reform ahead of border and port security speaks volumes about our elected officials' commitment to the national interest and the weight and influence of corporate America over both parties.

Mr. President, I don't think the American people will tolerate this much longer.

Gayle in MD
05-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Lou Dobbs is a National Treasure! He is the ONLY voice of the middle class taxpayer, and the most intelligent, truthful gentleman of news media.

President Bush, and our corrupt Congress and Senate, continue to destroy America through their own greed and corruption.

If a viable, conciencous man of integrity and intelligence would emerge on the independent ticket, he would be elected by a landslide! Ross was just a little ahead of his time, IMO, and most of what he warned us about, has come to pass.

Gayle in Md.
check out www.Heritage.org (http://www.Heritage.org), and read Robert Rectors article on the impact of illegal aliens and new immigration policies pending now on the hill.

nAz
05-17-2006, 08:04 AM
President Bush, and our corrupt Congress and Senate, continue to destroy America through their own greed and corruption.

"Gayle Bopth sides have messed this up completely, but i thought Forest Gump would have at least done a good job dealling with this, why am i suprised he has not?!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a viable, conciencous man of integrity and intelligence would emerge on the independent ticket, he would be elected by a landslide! Ross was just a little ahead of his time, IMO, and most of what he warned us about, has come to pass.

"yep he was pretty much right on the mark!"

Gayle in MD
05-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Tell me about it! I am finding myself without a party, any party, that I can get behind. The Democrats have really disappointed me on this issue of Illegal Aliens. I am now dreaming of a viable independent contender, unless the Democrats come up with a candidate who has been on the reasonable side of the illegal alien problem, and who understands the art of diplomacy, and isn't from Texas, lol.

I'm fed up with both parties, at the present, although nothing could be worse than not dismantling the republican culture of corruption, and nothing could be worse than another republican president, given how completely out of control the entire republican party has been on power, bribes, lies and obstruction of justice. I would LOVE to see another Ross in the independent slot! I think 08 could be the year that an independent could actually win, that's how fed up I think Americans are with taxation without representation, and corrupt government.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
05-17-2006, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Tell me about it! I am finding myself without a party, any party, that I can get behind. Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Gayle,

The Deemanocratic Party is for you. My position is rather left on the imigrants, shoot them before they cross the border, but as I roll out my platform, I know you will jump on the bandwagon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I actually already have a policy statement ready but it is at home on my other computer. As we all become more desparate, I'll post it on here. </font color>

Deeman

pooltchr
05-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Dee,
I think my platform will win more votes. New immigration policy. We put 50,000 landmines in the desert along the boarder. You make it through the field, you get a green card...you don't...oh well...
Steve

Gayle in MD
05-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, it'll have to be pro choice, pro gay rights, a war on poverty and hunger, pro closed borders, pro hefty pollution fines, pro stem cell research, pro illegal alien employer jail time and hefty fine, pro gradual deportation of any and all illegal aliens, pro reducing the number of immigrants allowed into our country instead of quadupling them, as the legislation now calls for, anti outsourcing, anti corporate tax gifts, anti tax cuts for the rich, pro conservation, pro debt reduction, pro increased VISA oversight, pro social security oversight and arrests of those using stolen SS numbers, pro women's fair pay enforcment, pro law enforcement in general, pro national health plan, pro NO MORE PRESIDENTS FROM TEXAS LAW, and pro public financed campaign reform. Along with all that, all those who make over a million a year, will have to serve six weeks every year doing community work for the poor people they exploited to make it it in the first place. George Bush, Cheney and Rice would have to be incarcerated for war crimes, and Laura Bush would have to concieve an original idea, or face a firing squad. Rice would have to tap dance nude for our troops, and Katherine Harris would have to give up her mascara and rouge for life.
All corporations who outsource jobs and money outside the United States, have to move out of the country and give up their citizenship, after they pay back the tax cuts they have reaped during the Bush administration years by contributing the money to the Social Security program, and Iraq will have to provide the United States with free gas until we become green with alternative fuels. Teachers will get their salaries quadruppled, athletes, superstars and billionaires will be taxed at atleast 3X the rate as the rest of us, since they do all the traveling, have all the humongus homes, ride in all the limos and fly in all the private jets. All child abusers and molesters must spend life in prison, and all presidents have to take a media covered lie detector test on National TV once a month to answer questions on policy, and the State Of The Union. Environmental Protection would have to be the number one goal of your administration, and your first action as president would have to be a hefty hike on Cafe' standards for the automobile industry, and tax cuts for Corporations who encourage American Workers to work from home, and provide child care for those who don't. Any Corporation who buys out another, must keep the current employees in place, and honor their retirement entitlement, and Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Anne Coulter must undergo the removal of their vocal chords. Religious leaders would be forbidden in political discussions unless they pay taxes like any other business, and Jerry Falwell would only be fed once a week for the rest of his life, while Dennis Hastard, Mr. and Mrs. Dick Cheney, Barbara Bush and Rush Limbaugh would have to spend the rest of their lives, nude, and Tom Cruise must have an embryo implanted in his stomach, and undergo a silent birth!

So, ya think we can work out a deal? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman3
05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Yes, the Deemanocratic Party, like it's forebearer, The Democratic Party, would PORMISE all of these. We would continue the policy of a pass for any Kennedy who might drown or otherwise run into anyone, let the gays marry, the Morman's marry as mnay as they can afford and the perverts marry children and water faucets, if they wish. Any corporation that makes a profit would be immediately federalized and the law would price oil at the pump at a Peso a gallon.

Children in school would be given complete rein of their grades and activities, in fact, no teachers would be needed and certainly no discipline.

Abortions would be encouraged and doctors made to offer two for the price of one on weekends. The crosses would be removed from all Military Cemetarys and replaced with small models of Harp Seals.

Aledgence would be pledged to the oldest known thing, a bristlecone pine tree and all oil drilling, septic systems and public water works would be shut down.

Police would be given those foam fingers you see at ballparks to defend themselves and and all nail clippers, cigarette lighters and matches would be liscensed and taken away in 2 years.

Churches would be banned from any charity activity to keep recipients from feeling any harmful thoughts of obligation to anyone.

"Give Peace a Chance" will be the new national anthem and no one will be allowed to play or sing it.

Jews and conservatives will be sent to Germany as they know what to do with them.

The American Indians will be given back all their land, that means all but 4 million of us will have to immigrate to Mexico, as I know they will shelter us.

Men who are even accused of rape will be immediately castrated, women who rape will be given probation and counciling, women who falsly accuse a man of rape will be given counciling and a group hug.

Trees will be determined to have constitutional rights and the remaining democrats can examine their chads.

Republicans, Christians and people with an I.Q. higher than 120 will be asked to take their dirty money, thier dirty charity and their dirty businesses to another country and try again.

Everyone will be required to go naked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman

wolfdancer
05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
I always knew you was a liberal at heart......welcome, Brother to the party.
your "Deemanifesto' will rank right up there with Mao's Little Red Book, and Pennick's Little Green Book.
Years from now, when they talk about this,and they will, over tea, they'll be sympathetic, and kind to you

wolfdancer
05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
lol

wolfdancer
05-17-2006, 02:44 PM
you make some fine points....and just a few more drinks, i'll be able to figure them out.
I'd also like to see the Republican Party divest themselves of "Radio Free America" (Fox News)
Perhaps they could sell it to Vincente Fox, and he could turn it into a Spanish MTV.....

nAz
05-17-2006, 03:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Dee,
I think my platform will win more votes. New immigration policy. We put 50,000 landmines in the desert along the boarder. You make it through the field, you get a green card...you don't...oh well...
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Damn! thats tough!

can we harvest the organs? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
05-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Dee if you and Gayle form this unholy alliance and win can Wolfy and I be on the supreme court for life? oh and put Steve as head of homeland security.

hmm and make Ed communication officer so he can keep all the press on are talking points only /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
05-17-2006, 04:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> can we harvest the organs? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Only if it is done by a big corporation with me as the majority stockholder. We can also stage cameras out there to videotape the results. Then we just put up big screen tv's all over the country and show the video on the 4th of July. Think of all the money we will save on fireworks!!!
Steve

Drop1
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Thomas Paine we could use your voice now.

Gayle in MD
05-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Uh, Dee, we're going to have to sit down together and work a few things out. Even I didn't know how far left you've drifted, /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI can't relate, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif but I AM for putting wolfie and Naz on the Supreme Court, but we gotta do that first thing, before the court rules on new legislation for legalizing pot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

And also, we really need a domestic spying program, so we can learn the aiming secrets of the pro's. It'll be just a narrowly targeted program, but we will need to use the lie detector equipment, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifso we will know FOR SURE that we're getting the real deal on whether or not a consistant, dependable, repeatable stroke is really an issue... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Vagabond
05-17-2006, 08:07 PM
America is the land of criminals &amp; evil ( 11 millions that invaded our borders and 25 millions that are defending these invaders).We should not be calling the other countries Evil.we have all the Evil here in America.I wish that my favorite President should order the Marines to give a rain of bullets on those criminals that are coming thru RioGrande.

nAz
05-17-2006, 10:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Thomas Paine we could use your voice now. <hr /></blockquote>

hmm have you ever read "The Age of Reason"?... I only ask cause i recently came across the book but have not had a chance to read... was wondering what you thought of it.

nAz
05-17-2006, 10:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> America is the land of criminals &amp; evil ( 11 millions that invaded our borders and 25 millions that are defending these invaders).We should not be calling the other countries Evil.we have all the Evil here in America.I wish that my favorite President should order the Marines to give a rain of bullets on those criminals that are coming thru RioGrande. <hr /></blockquote>

Dude come on is he really still your "favorite President"?

shoooot even e8gr has disavow any knowledge pof the man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DickLeonard
05-18-2006, 05:15 AM
Deeman why don't we just give them Harley's at the border and hope they kill themselves before they get 10 miles down the road.####

Deeman3
05-18-2006, 05:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman why don't we just give them Harley's at the border and hope they kill themselves before they get 10 miles down the road.#### <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">
Dick,

As my platform manager I expect good ideas like these from you. Gayle, my Chief of Staff, will brief you on the exploding Harley policy that replaces the free Harley policy. Better yet, how about a new John Deere riding mower to each "crossee" that will, at least, mow a few lawns before it detonates.

Funny note, while in Korea last week I stayed at a bed and breakfast that sat directly on the Sea of Japan. They had a series of tanks and cannon trained out on the sea. Now, that's border control. It's funny, while they face the imminent threat of invasion by North Korea, they are not being actively invaded. We are.

Deeman
El Presidente 2008

</font color>

wolfdancer
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Don't know why, but this brought to mind an old Lee Trevino story. He was mowing his lawn, or gardening, I forget which...in a very expensive neighborhood....and a wealthy lady driving by, stops her car, and wants to hire him. She asks how much is he getting paid now....and he tells her that the lady that owns this place, lets him sleep with her....

hondo
05-18-2006, 10:11 AM
I actually already have a policy statement ready but it is at home on my other computer. As we all become more desparate, I'll post it on here. </font color>

You're starting to sound like Ross Perot.

theinel
05-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Lee Trevino is a pretty funny guy. Here are a few more of his quotes...

"I've been hit by lightning and been in the Marine Corps for four years. I've traveled the world and been about everywhere you can imagine. There's not anything I'm scared of except my wife."

"You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husbands work."

"If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron."

"You don't know what pressure is until you've played for $5 a hole with only $2 in your pocket."

"One of the nice things about the Senior Tour is that we can take a cart and cooler. If your game is not going well, you can always have a picnic."

"I'm in the woods so much I can tell you which plants are edible."