PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Steve.....

wolfdancer
05-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I know that you are behind this, trying to get even for all the bad things I wrote about our fearless leader, an such......but I never thought you'ld go this far.
web page (http://www.thereflector.com/PAGES/news.html)
Scroll down, you can't miss it.
I won't be there to greet you, should you stop in.....

pooltchr
05-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Awww...you give me too much credit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
This is only a test. The only thing you have to do is find some obscure bug that lives only on that parcel of land, have it put on the endangered species list, and the government can have them tied up in court for years!
Or, you can organize a huge boycott. Tell everyone in the area to stay out, and they will go away.
Only problem there is they have seen the movie "Field of Dreams" and they know very well what will happen when they build it.
If the downtown businesses want to fight it, they need to get creative. There has to be a reason people would rather shop downtown. Downtown concerts, merchant contests, raffles, street vendors, that kind of thing. Make your downtown area more inviting that a smiley face with lower prices and they will do fine. But if they sit back and cry about the competition, they might as well close up shop.
It's the way of the world these days. Their weapon is lower prices...take the fight out of their arena...add value to the services of the local businesses, and they will do fine.
Steve
(BTW...I'm not the vindictive type. See, I'm even offering suggestions that might help your cause! Besides that, if I was going to do it, I wouldn't use Wal-Mart...I would be building an oil refinery in your area! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Seriously, I hope it doesn't kill off the town. The strong businesses will make it...but the weak ones will probably suffer. Here's hoping you have more strength than weakness in your area.