PDA

View Full Version : Please Read- Virus Alert to all CCB'ers

Harold Acosta
07-08-2002, 07:45 PM
I have been informed by a CCB'er that he received a KLEZ Worm Virus from my Computer. Please do not open any attachments or emails. I am currently running my Virus Scan to check for any viruses.

Please bear in mind that it has not been my intention to do this; therefore, if any of you have received a message from me these days, please delete the messages!

Harold Acosta Jr

TalismanTony
07-08-2002, 08:16 PM
Hi Harold,

It may be that you did not send that person the KLEZ virus. This virus infects a computer and then send itself out to others in the infected machines address book but it also uses another entry from that address book and puts it in the "from" field. So it could be that both you and the person who received the virus "supposedly" from you, were both in someone else's address book and he got the virus.

The best way is to be safe is to allways have real time virus scanning working with the latest pattern files.

I get anywhere between 5-10 emails that are KLEZ virus emails everyday. It has infected a lot of machines.

Good luck with your scanning.

Harold Acosta
07-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Did a complete scanning of my C drive; over 50,000 files and no virus was found. Sure was a relief!

Harold Acosta
07-08-2002, 08:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TalismanTony:</font><hr> Hi Harold,

It may be that you did not send that person the KLEZ virus. This virus infects a computer and then send itself out to others in the infected machines address book but it also uses another entry from that address book and puts it in the "from" field. So it could be that both you and the person who received the virus "supposedly" from you, were both in someone else's address book and he got the virus.

The best way is to be safe is to allways have real time virus scanning working with the latest pattern files.

I get anywhere between 5-10 emails that are KLEZ virus emails everyday. It has infected a lot of machines.

Good luck with your scanning.

<hr></blockquote>

Yeap! It is possible that the virus was sent out of another computer; nonetheless, I will scan my machine again since it is also used by my daughter.

The first 2 email addresses of my computer are fake ones; therefore, a virus should not spread out via email if it gets into my computer; but then, anything can happen!

Thanks for your response anyway!