PDA

View Full Version : Shaft Maintenance

chas1022
05-22-2006, 07:47 PM
What is the easiest and best way to clean your shaft? I hear alot about Magic Eraser. How do u use it? I have basically just used a burnisher.

ryushen21
05-22-2006, 09:19 PM
I've never used magic eraser myself but i do ahve a shaft cleaning routine that has worked pretty well with me. Now, i'm not a freak about cleaning and i'm not worried about greening.

But usually i wipe my shaft down with a shaft cleaner once a week. I usually just use whatever is cheapest at the moment at the billiard store. And then once a month i use Q Smooth burnishing papers and that has kept all my shafts consistently smooth and playing well.

bsmutz
05-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Dampen the ME then wipe down your shaft. It will most likely leave a little residue (after it cleans ALL of the dirt off) so wipe it down with a clean cloth. Then burnish with a piece of leather until warm to make sure all of the moisture has been eliminated. Use a slicker or burnisher between cleanings to keep things smooth.

tjlmbklr
05-23-2006, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> Dampen the ME then wipe down your shaft. It will most likely leave a little residue (after it cleans ALL of the dirt off) so wipe it down with a clean cloth. Then burnish with a piece of leather until warm to make sure all of the moisture has been eliminated. Use a slicker or burnisher between cleanings to keep things smooth. <hr /></blockquote>

After you do that then use this (top product on page) SlipStic (http://www.slipstic.com/products.htm) . It comes with a piece of leather to burnish it and works very well