PDA

View Full Version : Cheney may be called to testify in CIA leak case

theinel
05-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Things may be starting to get interesting...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060525/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cia_leak_8

It's probably nothing but with Fitzgerald you never know.

Anyone else day dreaming of Cheney in the Nicholson role of the "You can't handle the truth" scene from "A Few Good Men."

Gayle in MD
05-25-2006, 06:11 AM
I notice that the repubs have finally stopped trying to claim that Plame was not "Secret"... and, how could they continue, after the Special Prosecutor has stated in his official paperwork on this case, that she, in fact, was a covert, classified secret operative, and a NOC at that, which means that she, and those who worked with her, were most at risk, and most unprotected, and working without any diplomatic safety net. Both Bush and Cheney have stated that they have the power to de-classify, however, it has been documented that they did not follow the usual proceedures when they de-classfied information regarding Plame, and did so (de-classified) AFTER, the outing of Plame.

Hey, no matter how this investigation comes out, it's obvious, they outed a covert agent on WMD's during a time when they used WMD's as their case for going to war, and did so to discredit Wilson's findings, which exposed Bush's false statements in the State Of The Union Address. Other former CIA agents also have stated that the intel they gave to this administration was overall a contention that Saddam had no WMD's, and that they were rebuffed over and over again by Cheney when they did not come up with the administration's desired intel. Also, they were rebuffed when trying to lead this administration to focuss on bin Laden, and his intended, stated plan which eventually brought down the WTC Towers. The Senate investigation Committee on 9/11, then omitted questions which would have exposed the administration's failure to put into motion those further actions which could have prevented the attack, and their refusal to focuss on anything but Iraq, what the real intel suggested, and how they skewed intel in the interest of building a connection between SH and bL. Hence, Bush did everything possible to stop the investigation, and had it not been for the survivors insisting on it, he would have succeeded. He even tried to deny the funding for the investigation.

Fitzgerald's ultimate target, is Cheney, IMO, and I hope he gets him. Building a case to force Cheney to testify, is necessarey in order to make him take an oath to his statements. Previously, he was just interviewed, but not sworn in.

I think Rove will be indicted either this friday, or next.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
05-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I think they'll find that Ollie North was to blame.....
Too bad Valerie didn't give GWB a .......then we would have just grounds to impeach him.
See, lying to start a war, revealing secret agents, "it's just business" but this other stuff, goes against the moral principles that this country was founded upon....

Gayle in MD
05-26-2006, 06:14 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Abramoff investigation has far reaching consequences in the republican party. We have only seen the tip of the ice burg, thus far. Already, Hastard is threatening to sue ABC news for suggesting that he is involved in the investigation. ABC has refused to retract their report. Already, the investigation has lead to Bush's appointed CIA Director, Goss, and his top two under him, prostitutes, poker and poke her...lol...and the special prosecutor is about to zero in on Rove and Cheney, for outing Valarie, and info out this week that Novak called Rove to assure him he would cover for him.....isn't life grand when the religious right is in control?

While Bush is out desperately trying to raise money for repubs, the country is going to hell with gas hikes, pork barrel spending, war profiteering, and Afghanistan is flaring up again, Iraq still with no electric, sewage in the streets, Iraqi soldiers amnd police, turning coat, and killings everyday, 14 of 18 provinces in Kaos, including Baghdad, and illegal aliens getting a green flags to stay here, and bring their families here, in ten years, and cancel out our social security with welfare and health costs for the parents and children of uneducated, and many of them, un-married, underage, Catholic, baby making machines, for whom there will be no abortions avaliable. While 75 % of this country believes that we are heading in the wrong direction, Bush, when asked, says the only mistakes he has made had to do with his wording...."Bring 'em on" and "Wanted dead or alive" and he should have expressed himself in a more sophishacated manner....LMAO!

If Americans would educate themselves on the costs of the immigration policies, and the illegal amnesty programs already approved by the Senate....they would finally get up off their asses and be marching in the streets! We will have the most devastating consequences this country has ever faced economically if this legislation goes through. But, you know me, I'm just naive' and negative....AH HA HA HA....I'm sure we can pray our way out of it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif None of this matters, as long as gay boys don't kiss, and poor women can't get abortions, and the Ken Lays of the world can get their cheap labor, while the rest of us foot the bill!

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
05-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Gayle why do you keep filling us with facts. You're always blaming GWB can't you find a new target. Never mind he is so easy for an informed mind to play with.

I might have to stop hitting the mute button so I can join in this itelligent discourse of Roasting the Pig.

Can you make a New Years Resolution on Memorial Day?####

Gayle in MD
05-26-2006, 06:52 AM
Hey Dick, did I ever tell you I love you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DickLeonard
05-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Gayle you tell me all the time you love me. I thought you told me that now, to welcome Ed back. Well Welcome Back Ed.####