PDA

View Full Version : Enron Verdict announcement at NOON EDT

Gayle in MD
05-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Well...let's see if Justice is still alive in this country.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
05-25-2006, 09:13 AM
"Ah, there's good news tonite..."ah, there's good news tonite" as famed reporter, H. G. Kaltenborn used to say.
Both of 'em voted "Guilty as hell", and hopefully will be shot at dawn.

Deeman3
05-25-2006, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> "Ah, there's good news tonite..."ah, there's good news tonite" as famed reporter, H. G. Kaltenborn used to say.
Both of 'em voted "Guilty as hell", and hopefully will be shot at dawn.
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Maybe before they shoot them at dawn, they can take those millions in money and property from them and their families and distribute them to the people who lost all that money. </font color>

Deeman

wolfdancer
05-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Dee, it'll be interesting to see if their money is protected. In either case, after legal fees, and fines...there would only be a pittance for the employees and investors that lost everything.
Ebbers, Rigas, Lay, Skilling....in China, they would have already met their just reward...and the families billed for the bullets.
I got caught in another huge scam, although it has never been charged as such....Global Crossing...I believe that the huge cost of building the infrastructure, was never meant to be repaid, and was designed to go BK. It's now a thriving operation...

Cueless Joey
05-25-2006, 03:28 PM
If there is justice, they should give him to those employees who lost their retirement money from the fiasco and these people's greed.
I bet they'd give him his electric power. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SnakebyteXX
05-25-2006, 03:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> If there is justice, they should give him to those employees who lost their retirement money from the fiasco and these people's greed.
I bet they'd give him his electric power. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

'n how bout us poor SOB's in California who had our power bills jacked to the moon (many $'s from inflated profits ended up in Enron's coffers) while we all suffered needlessly through artificially induced 'rolling blackouts'?

Our on going sky high power bills are a direct result of Enron's market manipulation and bogus business practices. The cost of electricity in this State has yet to return to anything akin to affordable.

Snake &lt;-- fantasizes about being the first one on his block to go solar.

Gayle in MD
05-26-2006, 05:24 AM
Same thing with this gas/oil price gouge....if you go outside of town, to the less affluent areas, the gas is as much as fifty cents cheaper...what's up with that???? If the price raise was just because of higher costs, why would there be such a variance in price costs per location????

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-26-2006, 05:28 AM
We really won't know if they are going to get their due until the sentencing....not till September 11...9/11....

I've never heard a word about these guys having to auction off their assets for those they bilked, has anyone???

I hope the judge throws the book at them. One of the jurors said "We'll see if justice prevails, or if the almighty dollar still rules in this country." Good point!

Gayle in Md. Our country is being over-run by corporate thieves!!! From the illegal alien issue, to the price gouging and war profiteering! Americans had better wake up!!

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
05-26-2006, 05:29 AM
Gayle you have to keep your smart questions to yourselve. You already are in the crosshairs.LOL####

DickLeonard
05-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Snakebyetexx I can't find any sympathy for anyone in California, they all knew Ken Lay was in the WhiteHouse plotting re-routing the gas thru Montana to add costs to their energy bills and they still voted for GWB. Who had Enrons Corporate Jet at his disposal.####

Gayle in MD
05-26-2006, 05:43 AM
Dick,
Between the Illegal alien issue, and this crook in the White House selling us out to his Corporate fascists friends, I am presently building a soap box, to install in front of the White House. As Bush would say...."Bring em' on"

When they asked him in the press conference with Blair what his mistakes were, he would only say that he shouldn't have used statements such as "Bring 'em on" and "Wanted Dead or Alive" that he should have been more sophisticated...only he pronounced it...sophishacated, LMAO!!!!

If he thinks his only mistakes were semantic mistakes, he's living in a dream world!

Gayle in Md.

SnakebyteXX
05-26-2006, 06:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Snakebyetexx I can't find any sympathy for anyone in California, they all knew Ken Lay was in the WhiteHouse plotting re-routing the gas thru Montana to add costs to their energy bills and they still voted for GWB. Who had Enrons Corporate Jet at his disposal.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Really not sure how many Californians knew about Ken Lay. However when it came to voting for GW in 2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_2000) and again in 2004 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_2004) I think you'll find that our voting record speaks for itself.

In fact when the sh*t hit the fan in this State re skyrocketing power prices Washington showed a near complete lack of interest insofar as coming to the aid of a blue State. Enron's possible criminal roll in the whole thing was all but ignored by the Bush Administration until evidence of their nefarious dealings finally became public.

As you can plainly see Dick, Cali voted Dem in the past two elections.

Snake

DickLeonard
05-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Snakebyetexx I am sorry for doubting the Intelligence of Californians. Thats what I get for hiring Scott McClellan as my Pess Secretary. More faulty intelligence.

I am sorry you didn't have Elliot Spitzer for your Attorney General he would have taken Enron and the White house to court. He is going to destroy the Repulican strong hold on New York State come November.

I would say to date he has recovered 10 Billion Dollars from crooked coprorations doing business in New York State. The Corporations want the Stock Exchange moved from Wall Street to Crawfor Texas.####

Cueless Joey
05-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Try not to be so mean to us Californians.
Hell, a good portion of our voters don't even speak English.
There'll be more 5 years from now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
At least, we got rid of career politician ex-governor Davis.
The ahole couldn't hold a clerical job in the private sector.