PDA

View Full Version : WPBA Newsletter

07-08-2002, 09:07 PM
Hey, did anyone get their WPBA Newsletter yet? I heard they took a survey of the top 50 players about the expanded field. Anyone care to guess what the results were? Wonder what would happen if they polled the entire membership? Wonder what would happen if they polled the fans?!

CarolNYC
07-09-2002, 03:52 AM
Yes,Lorri, and I quote,"purpose of survey-to gain furthur insight of pending issues that impact the WPBA from a players perspective,since the WPBA is a membership organization, PLAYER INPUT IS CRITICAL and used to make reasonable and impactful decisions."
My question-Why was the survey only sent out to 50 members? Shouldnt it have been sent to ALL members?
Carol

Rich R.
07-09-2002, 04:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Yes,Lorri, and I quote,"purpose of survey-to gain furthur insight of pending issues that impact the WPBA from a players perspective,since the WPBA is a membership organization, PLAYER INPUT IS CRITICAL and used to make reasonable and impactful decisions."
My question-Why was the survey only sent out to 50 members? Shouldnt it have been sent to ALL members?
Carol <hr></blockquote>
I have to ask, is "impactful" a real word. Maybe my Webster's is an old edition and doesn't have it. I'm sure the WPBA would not have made up a word????? LOL.
Rich R.

cuechick
07-09-2002, 07:52 AM
I haven't gotten my newsletter in 2 years!! What's up with that?
Since you &amp; Carol are heading to Athens ( I can't make it this year) and in order to play must pay that WPBA fee? Good chance to ask about this poll!

Barbara
07-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Lorri,

I got mine yesterday, but all it mentions is that it mailed out a survey to the top 50 - no poll results yet. Hm, only 50? I know what the votes will be for the top 16!! LOL!

Barbara~~~will keep y'all informed

Barbara
07-09-2002, 03:25 PM
C'mon Carol! Don't you see? Why, that would be yet ANOTHER way to get us Regional Tour Coordinators to do the WPBA's work for them!! I'm surprised we haven't been contacted to do this yet!

Barbara~~~gave Toots back oh, um, some points... /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif!

Nostroke
07-09-2002, 03:26 PM
Im still waiting for my WPBA Electronic Newsletter that Kelly isnt sure exists or not. What a Dynamo!!

Barbara
07-09-2002, 03:33 PM
Funny you should mention that. That's what I signed up for in the first place, the eNewsletter. But I got the printed/mailed one instead and have been getting it for two years now!!

Oh yeah, what a, what a, oh, you know what...!

Barbara

Jay M
07-09-2002, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>,"purpose of survey-to gain furthur insight of pending issues that impact the WPBA from a players perspective,since the WPBA is a membership organization, PLAYER INPUT IS CRITICAL and used to make reasonable and impactful decisions." <hr></blockquote>

Holy run-on sentence fragment Batman!!!

07-09-2002, 04:53 PM
I became a member in July 2000, received the new member package and that's it (except for the board election ballots, that is). UNTIL I posted here about 6 weeks ago about never getting a newsletter. Since then I've gotten two! And I also got my Semi-pro card! I wonder who's reading this board? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Karla

CarolNYC
07-10-2002, 03:26 AM
Your RIGHT!And thanks for SOME points back,LMAO-guess it pays to do windows!ha ha ha:)
Carol

CarolNYC
07-10-2002, 03:28 AM
Cuechick,
If your dues is not current,YES,you would have to pay it!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-10-2002, 03:30 AM
Hey Jay,
The JOKER did it!:)POW!BAM!ha,ha,ha!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-10-2002, 03:36 AM
Rich,
Its not in my dictionary either!
Have a nice day!
Carol

07-10-2002, 05:04 AM
"a survey of the TOP 50" players????? do the rankings go that deep? /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif:D:D must have included a few shooters at corners if they were going that deep.

07-10-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure where you got your information Jay, that paragraph doesn't show up on my survey. I was glad I made a copy before sending it in.The WPBA has the right to survey anyone they choose, the top 5 or the top 50. The important thing to remember is the survey was for professional players not regional tour players.

MikeM
07-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Why not the entire WPBA membership?

MM

07-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Mike
The majority of the WPBA membership has never even qualified to play in a pro event.How can they feel qualified to answer questions relating to the pro tour?
The players that have devoted everything to this game and the WPBA Tour need to have some input when it comes to their future and the future of the WPBA Tour.

CarolNYC
07-10-2002, 02:55 PM
Because they send in their yearly dues and SUPPORT the WPBA and become members-maybe many have not qualified yet, but their goal is to win the qualifier and play on the pro-tour-so, whats the reason of sending in dues and becoming members?
Carol

MikeM
07-10-2002, 03:03 PM
I'm not a member (obviously) and I don't know what the questionaire was all about, but I would think that you would want to know the opinions of your entire dues paying membership. I know you have different levels of membership, but I think for the playing members that the goal would all be the same - reaching Touring Pro Status. So every members input would be valuable in shaping the future of the WPBA. Many of your lower ranked players ARE the future of the WPBA.

Again, I have no stake in this and this is all just my opinion. I appreciate the dialogue.

MM

07-10-2002, 05:26 PM
I fail to see how you're thinking this through. The survey asks questions regarding cutting field sizes, cutting prize money from the lower portions of the field, changing requirements to achieve various pro levels, and more. These are certainly things that affect our regional tour players who are trying to earn their way into professional ranks. This is just a survey, not a vote. Wouldn't it be prudent for the WPBA administration to get EVERYONE's views, particularly those who represent the future of the WPBA?? I think that the survey should have been presented to every regional tour player, regardless of status or rank.

Fran

jjinfla
07-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Mike, If all the members of the organization were allowed to vote on topics concerning the organization then we would have to believe that all members in the organization are equal. Evidently, in this organization some members are more equal than others. But it could be worse, they could just allow the people who will vote their way to vote. Or, is that what they are doing? Jake

Jay M
07-10-2002, 06:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I'm not sure where you got your information Jay, that paragraph doesn't show up on my survey. I was glad I made a copy before sending it in.The WPBA has the right to survey anyone they choose, the top 5 or the top 50. The important thing to remember is the survey was for professional players not regional tour players. <hr></blockquote>

I got that information from the original post here. I was making a joke, jeez....

Barbara
07-10-2002, 07:06 PM
And I'll tell ya what, Carol, you bring me back a magnetic fridge calendar and the yearly ball point pen from Florence's Pocket Billiard Lounge, and I'll even give you MORE points back!!! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif!! Hahahahahaha!!

Barbara~~~has a family reunion with her folks' 54th wedding anniversary that weekend /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif! and will also finish with just about zero points this year /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif!

Alfie
07-10-2002, 10:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous (152.163.189.129):</font><hr> Mike
The majority of the WPBA membership has never even qualified to play in a pro event.How can they feel qualified to answer questions relating to the pro tour?
The players that have devoted everything to this game and the WPBA Tour need to have some input when it comes to their future and the future of the WPBA Tour. <hr></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi (152.163.189.129):</font><hr> I fail to see how you're thinking this through. The survey asks questions regarding cutting field sizes, cutting prize money from the lower portions of the field, changing requirements to achieve various pro levels, and more. These are certainly things that affect our regional tour players who are trying to earn their way into professional ranks. This is just a survey, not a vote. Wouldn't it be prudent for the WPBA administration to get EVERYONE's views, particularly those who represent the future of the WPBA?? I think that the survey should have been presented to every regional tour player, regardless of status or rank.

Fran <hr></blockquote> Hello, Fran. Your twin visiting again? Tell her Alfie says "Hey."

07-10-2002, 10:10 PM
I hope that was a joke. No, I don't do stuff like that and no, I have no clue who that person is.

Fran

Alfie
07-11-2002, 01:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I hope that was a joke. No, I don't do stuff like that and no, I have no clue who that person is.

Fran <hr></blockquote> You see, Fran. The problem is all the damn unregistered posters. ;-)

The same guy did this-
James
(Unregistered)
07/10/02 11:50 PM
Teen Pool Tournaments

Hi my name is James and I'm 17 years old. I live in Lakeland, FL and was wondering if there were any tournaments for 18 and under anywhere in all of Florida. I was told that there was a state tournament but would like as much information as possible. Thanks

I have no idea either.

CarolNYC
07-11-2002, 03:49 AM
And that information is on the front cover of the July 2002 newsletter under the title "WPBA Player Survey".
I would also like to say, the first line of that article states,"The WPBA has initiated and mailed out its first PLAYER MEMBERSHIP survey to its top 50 WPBA members", so again, I ask, why only 50?And nowhere in that article does it state PROFESSIONAL! And then it states,"Since the WPBA is a membership organization, player input is critical"so wouldnt ALL members input be critical?
Carol~trying to understand what Im reading!

CarolNYC
07-11-2002, 03:53 AM
Hey Barb,
Its at the top of my list of things to do!Have a good time at the family reunion and as for the points, at least they wont be in RED!LMAO-Unless.............Hmmmmmmmmm!:)
Carol~knows Barb will be missed!

Ken
07-11-2002, 05:53 AM
That's two people on AOL. Do you have any idea how many AOL users get the same IP number? Maybe it's Chris Cass or maybe Scott Lee. There are probably dozens of CCBers with that number.

Kato
07-11-2002, 06:55 AM
Barbara, can I have some points too? I can borrow some of Carols, she doesn't need 'em.

Kato

cuechick
07-11-2002, 07:52 AM
If you look closely Carol's Ipp number also comes up the same as Fran's and what I assume is a top 50 player?

I agree that since this is a "Survey" and not a "vote" all imput is valuable. I think the biggest problem with the WPBA is they do not think about the future at all! If this sport is too ever grow up, this short sighted, self preservation has to end...IMO!

Alfie
07-11-2002, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cuechick:</font><hr> If you look closely Carol's Ipp number also comes up the same as Fran's and what I assume is a top 50 player? <hr></blockquote> It's Carol!!

Barbara
07-11-2002, 03:07 PM
Sure can do, Kato!! How many points would you like?

Barbara~~~can visualize Carol reading this post now... good thing I'm not going to see her for a while...

07-11-2002, 07:48 PM
You mean my IP number changes if I register?

Tell you what, I'll register on 4 different computers with 4 different e-mail addresses and post as 4 different people. This way I'll be registered and all will be better.

Right?

07-11-2002, 08:21 PM
Oh I forgot to say- I think you are all jerks on here.

07-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Pretty good try but registering only solves part of the problem. What if I registered on five different computers as Alfee, Alfii, Aflie, Alflie, and Aflei?

Do you think everyone would remember who's who and who said what?

Alfie
07-12-2002, 12:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Pretty good try but registering only solves part of the problem. What if I registered on five different computers as Alfee, Alfii, Aflie, Alflie, and Aflei?

Do you think everyone would remember who's who and who said what? <hr></blockquote> They would know that nobody else but me is registered Alfie. I don't care about all that other stuff.

Alfie
07-12-2002, 12:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> You mean my IP number changes if I register?

Tell you what, I'll register on 4 different computers with 4 different e-mail addresses and post as 4 different people. This way I'll be registered and all will be better.

Right? <hr></blockquote> Frances, I was ribbing you with the "unregistered posters" comment. It's fine by me if you don't want to register.

(You ARE the real Fran, aren't you? :-))

CarolNYC
07-12-2002, 03:33 AM
Kato,
I would give/share ALL my points with you!:)
Carol~back to zero,AGAIN!LMAO!

CarolNYC
07-12-2002, 03:43 AM
Hey lady,
I do not know what the IPP# represents, but I can assure you, if someone posts under Frans name, she would definitely say "This is not me!"As I would!
Getting back to your post-I agree! Every member should have been surveyed!
Have a great day!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-12-2002, 03:55 AM
LMAO-two "N's"-too obvious!ha ha ha!
Carol

07-15-2002, 08:45 PM
Well, I guess my work here is done.....LOL Gee Karla, I've been sticking it to the WPBA on this board for about six months now, and I still don't have my semi-pro card!! Did you get a toaster too? LMAO
(ask D, it's an inside joke!)

Doctor_D
07-17-2002, 05:32 AM
Good morning:

It is obvious that their are members of the WPBA Board of Directors who "Lurk" on this board in order to obtain whatever information they can. Unfortunately, when they do have something to say, those individuals do not have the "Guts" to identify themselves and speak with One Voice!

Dr. D.