PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the OTHER sandbox...

Dagwood
05-27-2006, 02:42 AM
It's been a while since I've posted, or better yet lurked, but I just thought I'd drop a line to you guys... Over in Afghanistan right now, and it's not that bad actually. I'll try to post a picture or two down in this post, (if I can figure out how). Hope everything is going well for all of you back in the states. Gayle...it really isn't as bad as the media is making it out to be...at least from what I've seen. But everyone has a different experience. All the same, hope all of you are doing well.

Dags (Josh)

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5782/afghanistan0246xs.jpg

My team after a 1kft climb in the foothills of the Himalayas. We were pretty bushed after this. I'm on the far right.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3171/afghanistan0388hg.jpg

With a bunch of the local kids while we were out on foot patrol.

I figured out how to put those pictures in obviously....

dg-in-centralpa
05-27-2006, 05:08 AM
Glad to hear you're doing fine. Thank you for your service. Keep us posted when you can. Don't worry about Gayle, she won't believe anything unless it's W bashing.

DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
05-27-2006, 05:14 AM
Josh, although it may not seem as bad as you expected, don't let your guard down. All it takes is one crazy to ruin your day.

Thanks for the update and the pictures.

Stay safe and come home soon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LastBall
05-29-2006, 12:17 AM
It's not my place to tell you anything but try to start planning what you'll do when you get back. I know more than a few guys who've served there that haven't transitioned back as well as they thought.

Take care and keep up the good work.

nAz
05-29-2006, 06:09 PM
nice pics Dagwood, stay low and stay safe

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman3
05-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Dagwood,

Thank-you for the pictures. I thank God we have fine men like you willing to be there in harm's way.

Stay safe and may you return in good shape. Keep the sand out of your cue stick case!

Please keep us posted, when and if you can.

Deeman

hondo
05-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Great pictures. My prayers & best wishes go with you.

Drop1
05-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Josh I'm your little huckleberry,so do me a favor,and don't take group photo ops with groups of kids;some of them are not. Later

Gayle in MD
05-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Hello to you, and my deepest gratitude for your brave service. Please stay safe, and come home soon. I am glad that you are not presently in a bad war zone, and hope it stays that way for the duration of your service. My thoughts are with you.

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
05-31-2006, 09:19 AM
I believe John Murtha. I believe all patriotic Americans should speak out against this administration. I believe all Americans should support our troops, abide by our laws, and speak out against any President who breaks them. I am against pre-emptive war. I do not believe in liars. I see the results of this war. They do not resemble Dag's pictures.

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Did Not Vote For George Bush!