PDA

View Full Version : Predator cues

Mikey0717
05-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey I never used a predator cue or shaft before but I hear great things about them, I currently use a 1984 Meucci both I have been thinking to buy a new predator. Would a predator cue really improve my game? Are they as good as they say?

Paul_Mon
05-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Mikey,
It probably won't improve your game. It will play about the same as your Meucci, with less feel. You can expect it to cause less cue ball deflection, which will make aiming a little easier. Try to borrow one and if you like it get a shaft to fit the Meucci butt. I've used 314 shafts for over 10 years and like them so much that I need a spare. They make a good product.

Paul Mon

pooltchr
05-28-2006, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mikey0717:</font><hr> Would a predator cue really improve my game? <hr /></blockquote>
Changing cues doesn't improve your game. Changing the way you use a cue improves your game.
Steve

Billy_Bob
05-28-2006, 09:56 AM
I have only switched cues twice and did so because I had a reason to do so.

I switched from 21 oz to 19.5 oz because I was learning soft delicate shots and these shots were easier with a lighter cue. So there was a problem.

Then I had trouble aiming when using english on long shots. I switched from a regular shaft to a Predator 314 and this made it easier for *me* to use english on long shots and make the ball in the pocket. So again there was a problem.

My current cue, shaft, brand of tip, tip hardness, and tip shape are working fine for me, so I have no intention of ever switching anything again. I would only replace what I have with the same should my cue get damaged.

Note that when I needed to switch cues, it messed up my playing for quite awhile. And I knew this would happen ahead of time. But I felt the changes were best for the long run.

In general I have seen people get new totally different cues and then see their game go downhill.

Also a Predator cue comes with a dime shaped tip. Most people use a nickel shaped tip. Switching from nickel to dime can be a big adjustment. (In addition to the low deflection.)

I guess the question is how long have you been playing with a regular cue? And are you willing to spend a year or two years adjusting to a new cue? (If you are a beginner, the switch will be easier.)