PDA

View Full Version : Predator shafts

Mikey0717
05-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey I've been playing pool for about 3-4 years and have been playing with a standard 12.75 mm shaft. I am really determined to improve my game. I am purchasing a new predater, but i don't kno if i should go with the Z or the 314. I heard the Z would be hard to adjust to since i've never used a 11.75 (not sure if that exact measure) but the z will make the game easier after getting used to it. What shaft should i go with? I would appreciate any suggestions Thankyou

Billy_Bob
05-29-2006, 09:50 AM
I went with the 314 because it has a regular "pro" taper. The Z has a "Euro" taper.

Pro is like this ||
Euro is like this /\

SPetty
05-29-2006, 09:42 PM
You might want to look into www.obcues.com (http://www.obcues.com) - similar low deflection characteristics as the Predator, but way better "feel" and increated consistency from shaft to shaft - in my opinion.

caedos
06-01-2006, 08:52 PM
If you are determined to play with a shaft designed for consistent squirt reduction, there is only one shaft I like. OB-1

Spetty's response has the website.

One of my biggest issues with the spliced shafts is that the splicing is not uniform in responding to the forces acting on the shaft at impact unless you dot the shaft or ferrule so that it is turned the same way each time. This is far and away the most uniform and physically sound example of this type of engineering on a shaft that I have seen. There is no close second, and that's why this is the only shaft of this type I have ever openly recommended. Predator shafts are very good. The OB shaft is great. They do not pay me or comp me to say this and I do not own their product yet. I just finished my eight-ball season and I re-train over the summer, so maybe I will do some work with one and see how well I adjust. At the moment I'm very happy with a #1 grade maple shaft with the taper that Jerico Cues sees fit to put on his shafts.

My $.02

Carl

ryushen21
06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
My vote also goes to the OB-1. I've been shooting with one for about the last 3 weeks and it shoots better than my 314, IMHO. Takes a little getting used to but after that it's great.

Cueless Joey
06-01-2006, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am really determined to improve my game. <hr /></blockquote>
I don't think a shaft will improve your game.
Unless your shaft is crooked and really whippy.