PDA

View Full Version : Our Red's Tournaments gallery is now open for view

BillPorter
05-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Our gallery of photographs taken at the Red’s Tournaments of 1984 & 1984 is now open for viewing. If you were there, we hope these images will bring back memories. If you weren’t there, you can get a sense of what the tournament was like and the players who participated. We make no claim to photographic excellence, but are simply trying to preserve a bit of pool history and present images that you may enjoy viewing.

We have not identified all the people in these shots and ask for your help in completing the gallery. Please use the “comments” option to leave a comment about a photograph. You might be able to identify someone or you might just want to leave a witty or profound comment.

Our 1980 Las Vegas 9-Ball Open gallery is also open at this time. We have added about thirty images to this gallery from slides sent to me recently by Mike Haines. We are still tweaking this gallery, so it might not look exactly the same if you visit it over a few days of time.

The printing option is turned on for all galleries. Some images files are too small to allow for good prints, so let us know if you want a print of a particular image.

The link to the galleries is: http://billporter.smugmug.com/

Bassn7
05-31-2006, 03:56 PM
There is not a THANK YOU great enough for what you put together here. Outstanding work!

BillPorter
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
You know, Bassn7, there are times when I think I had to be a little crazy to spend as much time on this project as I have. Some of the negatives I worked with were scratched up or considerably over or under exposed, so in some cases I was rebuilding parts of the image almost pixel by pixel. I remember working on one image in the Austin 1981 gallery where there were so many scratches on the negative that it took a couple of hours to restore the image. You might have had me committed if you'd seen me spend about 20 minutes rebuilding the nose of a person who was sitting several rows up in the stands. And I know there aren't that many people out there who really want to see these old images. But when someone shows a real appreciation of the effort as you did, it makes it worthwhile. Thanks!