PDA

View Full Version : On June 6 - 2006 & 6 Min & 6 Sec after 6 AM

SnakebyteXX
06-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Day Time and Date will be:

06:06:06:06:/06/06/06

Happens Once in Ten Thousand Years!...and possibly when the Christ child was 5 1/2?....and again in 1006 (like Jack sez below).

wolfdancer
06-02-2006, 11:12 AM
would not this have happened when the Christ child was 5 1/2?....and again in 1006?

Gayle in MD
06-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Is it the number (6) which is supposed to be demonic?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
06-02-2006, 02:27 PM
666 is the mark of the beast.....

Drop1
06-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Wolf,I hope you remember your Greek. The mark of the beast could be 616. Check Nero,and Caligula,where the number could be a code. I know the most popular refrence is in the Book of Revelation revealed to John,as told by Jesus,however there are also refrences to the number in the Old Testement.

LastBall
06-02-2006, 11:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr>
Day Time and Date will be:

06:06:06:06:/06/06/06

Happens Once in Ten Thousand Years!...and possibly when the Christ child was 5 1/2?....and again in 1006 (like Jack sez below).<hr /></blockquote>
Thanks for the heads up, I love this kind of special date/time, but ten thousand years ago our calendar system didn't exist, and while I hope it still exists ten thousand years from now I seriously doubt that it will. Time doesn't exist, just our perception of it does.

sack316
06-03-2006, 03:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr>

Happens Once in Ten Thousand Years
<hr /></blockquote>

maybe I'm just really tired, but wouldn't it happen every thousand years as opposed to ten thousand? And I'd also imagine it will happen twice that day. Either way, still pretty cool.

Sack

P.S. wouldn't it be interesting to live another almost 200 years for 2:22:22am/pm on February 2nd or 22nd of 2222?

SnakebyteXX
06-03-2006, 05:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr>

Happens Once in Ten Thousand Years
<hr /></blockquote>

maybe I'm just really tired, but wouldn't it happen every thousand years as opposed to ten thousand?
Sack

P.S. <hr /></blockquote>

Ecktchually.... I think it really happens once every HUNDRED years. Think about it, June 6, 1906 was 06/06/06 and so was the sixth of June in 1806, and 1706, etc. etc. etc.

I got the original info in an email from my sister (a numbers nut) and should have known that that 'ten thousand years' deal was tacked on by somone in the email chain trying to make the significance of the date seem more unusual than it really is.

OTOH: There are quite a number of folks worrying about the 6/6/6 Biblical implications of that date.

<font color="blue">Wednesday Edition: June 6, 2006 Conspiracies

By Al Tompkins

Next Tuesday will be 6/06/06. June 6, 2006 will be a big day for conspiracy and end-of-the-world theorists. LiveScience.com reports:

With 06/06/06 looming (June 6, 2006), authorities in some cities are worrying prophecy theorists or hate groups might read something ominous into the date and use it as an excuse to stir tension. Some expectant mothers are making birthing appointments to ensure they avoid the date, according to The Sunday Times in London.

And for others, it is a marketing opportunity. 20th Century Fox's remake of "The Omen" and Ann Coulter's book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," will both come out June 6.

"666" is the number used to refer to the Beast in the biblical New Testament book of Revelation. (See context.)

The Sunday Times story says:

In America, the marketing of the apocalypse is well under way. Slayer, one of America's most popular heavy metal rock groups, will start its Unholy Alliance tour, subtitled "Preaching to the Perverted."

Crown Forum, a U.S. publishing giant, has seized on 666 as the perfect date for the launch of "Godless," a new anti-liberal political polemic by Ann Coulter, a prominent right-wing columnist.

In addition, inevitably, the internet is awash with frenzied doomsday debate and 666 speculation, all reflecting America's continuing obsession with angels, devils and the possible nature of heaven and hell.

While some Armageddon believers fear that 6/6/06 will be "a day of satanic power" that may be marked by a comet hitting the Earth, others believe that the world is coming closer to what is widely known as "the rapture" -- the moment the Lord calls the Christian faithful home and millions of born-again evangelicals will suddenly disappear from the Earth, leaving non-believers behind.

On one popular evangelical Web site last week, a "rapture index" that calculates the likelihood of the Lord's arrival -- stood at 156 -- which the website declared was time to "fasten your seatbelts."

The story points out:

The 666 phenomenon is based on a disputed passage from the Book of Revelation, which in several popular versions declares the "number of the beast" to be 666 -- although some biblical scholars claim there was a mistranslation and the number should really be 616. [See the entire passage here from BibleGateway.]

Either way, John Moore, the Irish director of "The Omen" remake -- entitled "Omen 666" -- realized that June 6 was too good a date to miss for a film about a sinister child named Damien who turns out to be the Antichrist. "It's a fantastic marketing gimmick," Moore said. "We figured if we could hit this date it would make it all the more interesting."

</font color>

web page (http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=2&amp;aid=102038)

Gayle in MD
06-03-2006, 06:23 AM
This Anne Coulter...

COULTER KEEPING QUIET

Embarrassing! Conservative pundit Ann Coulter, who makes a nice living commenting on the political process, may temporarily lose her right to be a part of that process.

The blond Democrat slayer has not responded to an April letter from the Supervisor of Elections office asking her to explain why she voted in a Town of Palm Beach precinct that wasn't hers earlier this year.

The elections office tried to contact her again last week with another missive. No response. Now, the voting-eligibility watchdogs are losing patience.

"We may start the administrative procedure to remove Ms. Coulter from the voter rolls this week," said Charmaine Kelly, deputy elections chief. "There will be a public hearing to cancel her registration. If that happens, she won't be able to vote until she re-registers. It's a rather rare procedure."

Kelly said that after the hearing, Supervisor Arthur Anderson also will determine whether to refer the case to the state attorney's office for criminal prosecution.

Along with her other problems....she's being accused of taking the Homestead tax break, although she does not qualify for it...

The Brad Blog, www.Bradblog.com (http://www.Bradblog.com) has an interesting picture of Ms. Coulter, without the hair...not a pretty sight, lol.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-03-2006, 06:30 AM
What? Are some losing their train of thought in this thread?

Deeman

Gayle in MD
06-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Not really....she was mentioned, and afterall, the subject... EVIL ...fits an up-date on one of the most EVIL around, /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Uh-oh.. here it comes.

Gah!

wolfdancer
06-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Say, now that you mention it...I do see a resemblance between Caligula Caeser and GWB

Drop1
06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Caligula and Caeser are offended.