PDA

View Full Version : WalMart

Drop1
06-02-2006, 05:24 PM
A little note; WalMart stores world wide service 174 million customers each week.

ras314
06-02-2006, 06:57 PM
You are as old as I am, what does "service" in reference to people mean to you? Or maybe it's only city types that use the term rather than something more crude. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drop1
06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
"Service" having your gas pumped,your windshields clean,and your tires checked for air,and at a lower price than the other gas stations,would be my idea of service,and it can be done. But its not going to be done,because it would hit the big gas companies profits. There is an expression,"you get what you will settle for," well it looks to me like we are learning to settle for a lot less in the service sector. I have no problem with WalMart getting bigger,and bigger,a lot of people have invested money into the company,and they should get a return for the risk. I just think that is a hell of a lot of people every week.

sack316
06-03-2006, 03:51 AM
I'm one of those many--many many many customers, and I must say the Wal-Mart I go to is pretty OK, but I do tend to go at like 3 in the morning and don't have to fight any crowds. But I must say I'd be more than willing to pay a little more in exchange for friendly employees who know their stuff.

I recall being their Electronics section as a customer and having other customers that recognized me from when i worked in tech. at another company asking me about how certain things worked because nobody there knew anything. And I also remember their manager coming into the store I worked at back then, offering me a department manager position at the Wal-Mart... which would have been fine had it been in technology. Unfortunately he said his opening was home and garden, which I openly told him I knew nothing about. He still wanted me to take it. That's not providing "service" in my humble opinion.

Sack

Deeman3
06-03-2006, 06:32 AM
sack,

I'm holding out for the greeter job in Palm Springs.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Deeman

wolfdancer
06-03-2006, 05:15 PM
WalMart "services" all the small businesses nearby, and also "services" their own employees.

Drop1
06-03-2006, 06:52 PM
And employees service one another in the stock room. So were all happily being serviced /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif