PDA

View Full Version : Was the 2004 Election Stolen?

Qtec
06-03-2006, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Was the 2004 Election Stolen?

Like many Americans, I spent the evening of the 2004 election watching the returns on television and wondering how the exit polls, which predicted an overwhelming victory for John Kerry, had gotten it so wrong. By midnight, the official tallies showed a decisive lead for George Bush -- and the next day, lacking enough legal evidence to contest the results, Kerry conceded. Republicans derided anyone who expressed doubts about Bush's victory as nut cases in ''tinfoil hats,'' while the national media, with few exceptions, did little to question the validity of the election. The Washington Post immediately dismissed allegations of fraud as ''conspiracy theories,''(1) and The New York Times declared that ''there is no evidence of vote theft or errors on a large scale.''(2)

"But despite the media blackout, indications continued to emerge that something deeply troubling had taken place in 2004.

But what is most anomalous about the irregularities in 2004 was their decidedly partisan bent: Almost without exception they hurt John Kerry and benefited George Bush. After carefully examining the evidence, I've become convinced that the president's party mounted a massive, coordinated campaign to subvert the will of the people in 2004. Across the country, Republican election officials and party stalwarts employed a wide range of illegal and unethical tactics to fix the election. A review of the available data reveals that in Ohio alone, at least 357,000 voters, the overwhelming majority of them Democratic, were prevented from casting ballots or did not have their votes counted in 2004(12) -- more than enough to shift the results of an election decided by 118,601 votes.(13) (See Ohio's Missing Votes) In what may be the single most astounding fact from the election, one in every four Ohio citizens who registered to vote in 2004 showed up at the polls only to discover that they were not listed on the rolls, thanks to GOP efforts to stem the unprecedented flood of Democrats eager to cast ballots.(14) And that doesn?t even take into account the troubling evidence of outright fraud, which indicates that upwards of 80,000 votes for Kerry were counted instead for Bush. That alone is a swing of more than 160,000 votes -- enough to have put John Kerry in the White House.(15)
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen
<hr /></blockquote>

Will it happen in 2008? Will the GOP pull off another amazing victory?
According to the mathematicians, its IMPOSSIBLE for the exit polls to be so wrong. Its NEVER happened before.

[ QUOTE ]
Abstract
What is the Main Cause of the Discrepancies between the Official Election Results and the Exit Polls?
The exit pollster of record for the 2004 election was the Edison/Mitofsky1 consortium. Their national poll results projected a Kerry victory by 3.0%, whereas the official count had Bush winning by 2.5%.2
Several methods have been used to estimate the probability that the national exit poll results would be as different as they were from the national popular vote by random chance.
These estimates range from 1 in 16.5 million to 1 in 1,2403[ to the power of 2...Qtec]. No matter how one calculates it, the discrepancy cannot be attributed to
chance.
Edison/Mitofsky disavowed the results of their own poll, saying that the data cannot be construed as evidence that the official vote count was corrupted, and hypothesized that Kerry voters were more amenable to completing the poll questionnaire than Bush voters.
However, Edison/Mitofsky's own exit poll data does not support their theory that a higher exit poll response rate by Kerry voters accounted for the discrepancies between the exit polls and the presidential election results. Using Edison/Mitofsky’s data tables we demonstrate that the “reluctant Bush responder” hypothesis is implausible because it is inconsistent with the combination of high response rates and high discrepancy rates among the precincts with the highest percentage for Bush. <hr /></blockquote>
http://electionarchive.org/ucvAnalysis/US/Exit_Polls_2004_Edison-Mitofsky.pdf

[ QUOTE ]
STACKING THE DECKS IN WARREN COUNTY
Richard Hayes Phillips, Ph.D.
April 18, 2006
I
n my previous paper, entitled “Pick a Card, Any Card,” I set forth
compelling statistical and circumstantial evidence of election fraud in
Warren County, Ohio. Because the order in which the candidates’ names
appear on the ballot rotates from precinct to precinct, and because the
punch code at the bottom of the punch card ballots does not identify
the precinct, it would have been easy to take a number of ballots
punched for John Kerry and move them to a different precinct where they
would be counted as votes for George W. Bush.
Other Democratic candidates on the ballot would suffer collateral damage as the vote totals in their races would be reversed, but they could end up with more votes than Kerry. Issue One, the constitutional amendment prohibiting gay marriage, was not subject to ballot rotation, so gay-friendly Democrats whose ballots were switched would be counted as gay-friendly Republicans.
Analysis of 775 punch card ballots in Warren County Precinct 149
(MAS C WC AFS) indicates that this is exactly what happened. Kerry got 59 fewer votes than Ellen Connally, the losing Democratic candidate for Chief Justice; and Bush got 94 more votes than Issue One, which passed
overwhelmingly. Either Bush got 60.1% of the Connally voters, and 48.8% of the gay marriage supporters, or punch cards have been shuffled from another precinct. <hr /></blockquote>
Q

moblsv
06-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Interesting side note

[ QUOTE ]
What? Ted Olson wasn't available?

Conservative pundit and best-selling political writer Ann Coulter has hired a white-glove, White House-connected law firm to fight allegations she voted illegally in February's Town of Palm Beach election.

And the attorney from the Miami-based Kenny Nachwalter firm is no stranger to Palm Beach voting. Marcos Jimenez — who was, along with the more famous Olson, one of the lead attorneys who fought for George W. Bush's side in the 2000 presidential election snafu here — was assigned to Coulter.

Jimenez, by the way, also knows a thing or two about criminals. Appointed by Bush as U.S. attorney for the southern district of Florida in 2002, Jimenez was charged with going after terrorists, drug dealers and wayward union bosses.

Jimenez returned to private practice last year.

"Mr. Jimenez asked us to send him all the correspondence we sent Ms. Coulter," deputy dlections chief Charmaine Kelly said.

A poll worker reported to his supervisors that he saw Coulter try to vote in the precinct closest to her Palm Beach home. But when she was told the address on her voter's registration was elsewhere, Coulter ran out instead of correcting it and ended up voting in a precinct that wasn't hers. Knowingly voting in the wrong precinct in Florida is a felony.

Elections Supervisor Arthur Anderson gave Coulter until April 30 to explain what happened, but she has yet to answer his registered letters. Now with Jimenez, Kelly said, officials will wait "a few more weeks" before starting a procedure that could strip Coulter of her right to vote here and refer the case to State Attorney Barry Krischer for possible prosecution.

Coulter couldn't be reached and Jimenez didn't return calls.<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
06-05-2006, 12:35 PM
No question in my mind, 2000, (Harris, Fla.) and 2004, both stolen.

Gayle in Md.

Cueless Joey
06-05-2006, 12:49 PM
2000?
Come on!
Harris is person of great integrity.
She was very impartial over the whole fiasco.
I bet she did not take a dime for GWB or repubs.

Gayle in MD
06-05-2006, 01:35 PM
LOL, yeah, right. And it's just a coincidence the Dick Cheney was CEO of Halliburton, and that Bush flew everywhere in Halliburton's Jet during his campaign, and Halliburton has made a fortune on the war in Iraq! Just like it was just a coincidence the Bush was pushing for Dubai on the Ports!

I had to laugh when I read about Katherine Harris's Campaign Manager resigning. He said the more he learned about her, the more worried he became! You can read his story at www.Huffingtonpost.com. (http://www.Huffingtonpost.com.)

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
06-05-2006, 01:55 PM
GWB was a man of questionable character, long before he became president... IMO....
If you read the history of HEC....the original co was founded by GWB and miniGWB...they lost millions of the original investor's money, their friends, by the way. And then, with the "Dub" as CEO, the awarding of a deep sea drilling contract, for a co that had no deep sea experience....
I almost puked when during his first term, his agenda was corporate accountabilty, or something like that....meanwhile he had ties with Enron. Unfortuntely now his poor business leadership has become the worst leadership ever, of this nation....as he pursues his fixated "Blood for Oil" campaign

nAz
06-05-2006, 02:03 PM
you know what is freaking amazing about W or rather his supporters... i think that if half the people who voted for him were able to go back in time knowing everything that has happen over the last 6 years, they would still vote for him over Gore. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wolfdancer
06-05-2006, 03:00 PM
here's the real problem:
web page (http://laughstreet.com/HTMLs/Videohtmls/Womens_Suffrage.html)
Now if we did get this passed, and get the vote out of their hands....

Sid_Vicious
06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
One example of why I concur with your prediction is when I make the direct parallel with Viet Nam, suggesting that if we had the magical ability to jump back in time to the stage where only 2000 soldiers had died in that war(eventually to become over 58K) to call that war off...my rightie acquaintainences never agree that the logic of living and learning and the saving of of nearly 50,000 American lives in an unwinnable war, is appropriate. What dumba$$e$. Yea, you are correct. There ain't no hope for total ignorance, and that's what we are really dealing with here. I'd be ashamed if I was one of the so called Christian rights who still defend this obvious lying, totally bogus representative of anything Christ and Christianity is supposed to represent. I really would.....sid

pooltchr
06-05-2006, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> here's the real problem:
web page (http://laughstreet.com/HTMLs/Videohtmls/Womens_Suffrage.html)
Now if we did get this passed, and get the vote out of their hands.... <hr /></blockquote>

And most of them looked to be old enough to vote!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Good to see what a nice preppy education can produce!
Steve

Cueless Joey
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
You know too much.
Let's go dove hunting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
06-06-2006, 05:27 AM
Yeah,
And let's not forget that brother and grandfather of his, the grandfather was probably the most prolific war profiteerer we've ever seen, and the brother, Neil, who probably never served a day for his shanannigans! No doubt, he comes from a long line of crooks. Those beady little eyes, and cocky attitude, aren't just coincidental!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
06-06-2006, 05:35 AM
No doubt...some studies suggest that the neo-con movement was born when the right replaced their hatred of our cold war enemies with a neurotic hatred of liberals. Let's face it, where would George Bush be right now without being able to capitalize on fear, homophobia, and misogyny, the hallmarks of those born again types who believe the bible, literally, which represents 45% of those who voted for him. Seen any men living in whales lately? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
06-06-2006, 05:47 AM
LMAO, ...

Can you imagine what we'd be listening to if Clinton's family had all these crooks in it? Or if, (brace yourself) if Hillary had commited vehicular homocide? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

DickLeonard
06-06-2006, 06:01 AM
Gayle, I think Eg8r must have read the Bush family history and has left us. No person with a brain in their head can read that and then think they are Honest, Forthright Citizens. If it isn't truth the Bush's would be suing for Slander.####

Gayle in MD
06-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Right on as usual friend! They're a nasty bunch of greedy money mongering crooks! Anyone who could profess honor and confidence in a crook like Tom Delay has got to be crook himself!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
06-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Tap Tap Tap...

You know Martin, I think this country is going into a time of social kaos similar to what we saw in the late sixties and seventies. Most of the young people in this country are accepting of gay rights, women's rights, and human jrights, and are not willing to live in a world where organized religion may dictate to others how they may live, and what choices they may have.

I am expecting a backlash against the ignorant right, and their anti-science, anti-tolerance, anti-reality and overall ill attitudes. They preach accountability, while they support a president who has refused to take responsibility for his dishonesty and incompetence, and the resulting loss of thousands of lives, for nothing! Iraq and Afghanistan fall further into kaos daily. Anyone who can say with a straight face that Bush is a good president, or that any good has come of this mess, is just not playing with a full deck. Saddam could have been removed through a whole range of options. The nations of the world are not going to continue to go along with this national philosophy that SOME countries may have nuclear weapons, while others may not. Given the growing numbers of nuclear weapons and the resulting threat of accidental launch, such thinking is no longer reasonable.

I get so angry when I hear Bush stand up there threatening retribution against our marines for beginning to snap in the midst of the quagmire he has created in Iraq, while he, OTOH, has yet to own up to his stupid ideas and mistakes, and failed to provide for them sufficiently while they struggle in the hell of this war. He should be strung up right along with Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Hadley, Wolfowitz Rice and the CEO's of Halliburton.

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
06-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Bush made everything alright by letting us know that God himself appointed him to lie and cheat. He is such the role model for future Christians, huh...sid

moblsv
06-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes, it was stolen. Don't let them keep getting away with it.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0525949682/wwwgregpala03-20/002-4233123-1517623?creative=327641&amp;camp=14573&amp;adid=0X1832Q2SQ C9BFHWWVP3&amp;link_code=as1

Gayle in MD
06-08-2006, 07:01 AM
These are all excellent books. Unfortunately, republicans don't read books, hence their confusion on reality. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

"Fooled Again" and "American Theocracy" will blow your mind
and don't miss former Secretary of State, Madeline Albright's book, I haven't read it yet, but the excerpts are indicative of a thorough overview of the damage to the principles of our country from the right-wing neocons.

Gayle in Md.