PDA

View Full Version : gay marriage diversion

moblsv
06-03-2006, 06:44 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gay3jun03,0,5316780.story?coll=la-home-headlines

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON The campaign against gay marriage is scheduled to get the full White House treatment on Monday words from President Bush in front of assembled VIPs and a bank of television cameras.

Such a carefully staged production aims to confer the grandeur of the office on the push for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. But even before administration officials announced the event, some invitees denounced it as a sham.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I'm going to go and hear what he says, but we already know it is a ruse," said Joe Glover, president of the Family Policy Network, which opposes gay marriage. "We're not buying it. We're going to go and watch the dog-and-pony show, [but] it's too little, too late."

Such comments have raised the prospect that the debate over gay marriage designed to galvanize one of Bush's most important constituencies, social conservatives could instead exacerbate the president's political headaches.<hr /></blockquote>

It seems Bush can't even pander to the extreme anymore.

We have issues of immigration, health care, iraq mess, terrrorsm, $3 gas, minimum wage, higher education costs, falling science scores in public school, outsourcing, economy, corruption, and I'm sure Gayle can add about 50 others to the list /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif so what are we going to make our priority? adding discrimination to the consititution. (with the help of the LDS church ( http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=227252&amp;page=0&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1 )

This really isn't even about getting the amendment passed but about rallying the extremists around the president again. Are they really going to fall for that one again?

Gayle in MD
06-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Well sure, they will, let's not forget the headline....

"HOW CAN FORTY MILLION PEOPLE BE SO DUMB?"

Oh gee...two gays guys just moved in on my street, and after forty-three years of marriage, I'm really worried, I think my marriage is threatened! LMAO!

The GOP, AKA, "Group Of Parasites" has built their base by capitalizing on homophobia, misogyny, religious hypocracy, and last but not least, just to insure a win..... Diebold.....which, btw, it has been discovered that there are links between Nay, his former top aid, (Can't think of his name) and also Abramoff, and the whole Diebold computer voting scandal, .... the blocking of investigations into our last two republican fixed elections, by Nay, among other things. www.Bradblog.com (http://www.Bradblog.com) has the story. I didn't post it because it's kind of long.

Never underestimate tactics of the evil religious right! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pass the kool aid! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

moblsv
06-03-2006, 07:53 AM
More from the great divider.

An attempt to portray himself as the defender of morals. When the Democrats vote this down they will be portrayed by faux news as the immoral, anti-religion party and it will spread through the media and Internet discussions for the uneducated to rally behind.

More of the same. Republican politics dividing the country and solving nothing.

Gayle in MD
06-03-2006, 08:13 AM
You know, it's bad enough when a President can't do anything right, but when he makes everything worse, and does so with a swagger, it's outrageous!

Just look at the mess in the Middle East! I am so angry about the Bush/Cheney/Runsfeld/Rice failed, incompetent policies, and the impossible circumstances our troops are in right now, and meanwhile, China is quietly, slowly, but surely, spreading itself accross our hemisphere. Thanks to Bush, and the way he thumbed his nose at the rest of the world, we find ourselves short on allies to join in addressing this disaster with Iran. Then Bush stands up there and says, in regard to how in the hell we can get out of this mess he has made, "That's for the next President to worry about."

Experts are now predicting complete Kaos throughout the Middle East, while Bush is out every week, raising money for the GOP, aka, Group of Parasites. He's gotta try and get those repubs back on the Hill because if he doesn't, he might just have to answer for some of his law breaking!

But let's all keep our minds on the important issues of the day, Gay Marriage and purple thumbs!

UNBELIEVABLE !!!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Gayle in Md.