PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3

9 Ball Girl
06-05-2006, 11:51 AM
I took this picture of the Spiderman 3 set being filmed across the street from my job here in NY. That's the Supreme Court (the opening scene of Carlito's Way was filmed here and a lot of Law & Order and CSI too) in the background and on the left side in the background that used to be the DMV but it's something else now:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/p82a563934d7ca5421af256c23222bae4/eea78f05.jpg

Fran Crimi
06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Very cool. CAn you tell what it says before 'Spider-Man'?

NYC is sure an amazing place. I was up by Lincoln Center last month and I saw that guy swimming around in that fish bowl in front of the Met.

Fran

wolfdancer
06-05-2006, 02:22 PM
On Sunday around 2am, I was trying to figure out my camcorder, and this show came on the PBS station, an opera "Gala" from the Met....in honor of their retiring director. For some damn reason, it was interesting, and I kept watching it 'till around 5 am. The guy had worked his way up, by the way, from ass't carpenter to director....I'd add that he not only knows something about nailing ingenues,he can nail boards, but that's too trite, even for me.
I was thinking though, that with all the bad press about NYC, lots of good things originate there. "If you can make it in NYC...."
Over the years, I ve seen some good programs from Lincoln Center, etc...some of the best sports stories revolve around NYC's teams,etc......
Your swimming remark though...reminded me that when I was going through the Navy boot camp...a requirement was that you had to swim 50 yds....they couldn't get this one guy to jump off the diving board, even tried to push him off with a long pole...so the instructor had a great idea...he fired a starter's pistol, and the guy fell off the board, went straight down, and was standing at the bottom looking up...no movement....they stuck that same pole in the water and he grabbed it and was lifted up to safety....I was on the swimming team there, and later on the instructor told me they had a lot of problems with recruits from NYC...some had never even been to a swimming pool.

heater451
06-05-2006, 03:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Very cool. CAn you tell what it says before 'Spider-Man'?

NYC is sure an amazing place. I was up by Lincoln Center last month and I saw that guy swimming around in that fish bowl in front of the Met.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>"Thank You".

===========================

Fran Crimi
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was on the swimming team there, and later on the instructor told me they had a lot of problems with recruits from NYC...some had never even been to a swimming pool.
<hr /></blockquote>

Ha! That's pretty funny! They should have known that we don't do swimming. We do fire hydrants. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

Cueless Joey
06-05-2006, 06:16 PM
If you look closely at the last step, you'd see someone left a love toy there.

dg-in-centralpa
06-05-2006, 06:23 PM
"What Me Worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

DG

9 Ball Girl
06-05-2006, 06:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> If you look closely at the last step, you'd see someone left a love toy there. <hr /></blockquote>What am I going to do with you, huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-05-2006, 06:55 PM
"Thank You Spiderman"

I believe the scene is suppose to be with the "mayor" of NY. They put up the set last week and then the rains came.

For those of you who may not know the area, across the street where I work is 26 Federal Plaza (not pictured and is the site for many a demonstrations). The Spidey set is on Foley Square Park and this Park was one of the "hospital" stations during 11th September.

Cueless Joey
06-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Btw, Spidey 3 is gonna be another romantic superhero adventure flick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Peter Parker and his high school crush complicate things with Mary Jo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wolfdancer
06-06-2006, 06:40 AM
These here super heros all got a dark side....over at
superdickery (Superman is a dick) .....the galleries section they tell all.
web page (http://www.superdickery.com/galleries.html) esp on the "seduction of the innocent"