PDA

View Full Version : One Pocket

cfjyoung
06-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have any one pocket books or videos for sale?

Billy_Bob
06-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Here are a couple of book titles you can search for...

Winning One Pocket - Robin
Upscale One-Pocket - Koehler

Try amazon.com, used.addall.com, or search google.com with the title in quotes then author name following like this:

"Winning One Pocket" Robin
"Upscale One-Pocket" Koehler
-or-
"Upscale One Pocket" Koehler

Bob_Jewett
06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cfjyoung:</font><hr> Does anyone have any one pocket books or videos for sale? <hr /></blockquote>
In addition to the books BB mentioned, Robin also wrote "Shots, Moves and Strategies" about one pocket. Robin's books typically sell for $100 to $300 per copy, as they are out of print. I think I have extra copies of all three books, but I'd much rather trade for books I don't have than sell them.

There are several one pocket videos that Grady Mathews made. Also, Accu-stats has a bunch of one pocket matches on video.

If you want to see one pocket played, go to the Derby City tournament next January. http://www.derbycityclassic.com/

Bob_Jewett
06-07-2006, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cfjyoung:</font><hr> Does anyone have any one pocket books or videos for sale? <hr /></blockquote>
I see that there is a DVD by Allen Hopkins available now. See

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=7246665345

for example. They seem to play a rough sort of one pocket in the picture, though.

caedos
06-08-2006, 12:08 AM
I have two that I could be persuaded to part with:

Eddie Robin: Shots, Moves, and Strategies (2nd ed.)
Eddie Robin: Winning One-Pocket

For true one-pocket afficionado's, these are must have books if you keep a library of any kind.

I'm planning on testing the Dallas market and eBay soon. We'll see.

c

ragbug74
06-08-2006, 10:18 AM
For those of you who say you have an extra copy of Shots, Moves, and Strategies, I've got a new, sealed-in-the-celophane 2nd edition of the Billiard Encyclopedia that I'd like use to work a deal for a copy of SM&amp;S's. Anyone interested, please drop me an e-mail: q-werkscues@comcast.net.

Bob_Jewett
06-08-2006, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote caedos:</font><hr> I have two that I could be persuaded to part with:

Eddie Robin: Winning One-Pocket<hr /></blockquote>
SM&amp;S goes for about $120 and W1P for about $250, in general. At one point, you could get either for $40.

Scott Lee
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Willie Jopling has put out two excellent one-pocket videos...also available on DVD. He doesn't have a website, but advertises in BD. The ad is on page 82 in the June issue.

Scott Lee

Deeman3
06-08-2006, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote caedos:</font><hr> I have two that I could be persuaded to part with:

Eddie Robin: Winning One-Pocket<hr /></blockquote>
SM&amp;S goes for about $120 and W1P for about $250, in general. At one point, you could get either for $40. <hr /></blockquote>

Just another reason I have to thank George Fels for getting me those volumes years ago.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Deeman

Bumps
06-09-2006, 07:09 AM
IIRC, Billy Incardona has a tape/DVD avaiable also.