PDA

View Full Version : Am I "pushing it" with going with an 8' table? Pic

dominogold
06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I just finished my basement and I fear I made the bar too close to the area I was planning on putting the pool table. I've read all the online sites for recommended sizes and they vary quite a bit, and just make it more confusing.

According to these rought dimensions (not to scale) should I go with an 8' table or am I stuck with a 7'?

I'm just an average player pretty much only playing at the bars once a month or so. Just a hobby...

http://www.jenandben.us/misc/FinalFinishedBasement.jpg

Thanks

homepc
06-08-2006, 06:14 AM
Well, you will need 5' (the length of a pool cue is 60") from the edge of the table to any obstacles. The doors wont matter because they will be closed most of the time anyway, I assume. So, you will need to know the width and length of the table from outside edge to outside edge. Then measure 60" past that and see if you have any obstacles.

tjlmbklr
06-08-2006, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dominogold:</font><hr> I just finished my basement and I fear I made the bar too close to the area I was planning on putting the pool table. I've read all the online sites for recommended sizes and they vary quite a bit, and just make it more confusing.

According to these rought dimensions (not to scale) should I go with an 8' table or am I stuck with a 7'?

I'm just an average player pretty much only playing at the bars once a month or so. Just a hobby...

http://www.jenandben.us/misc/FinalFinishedBasement.jpg

Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

You need 120' + the lenght and width. So 120+44 = 164/12===== 13.6666" by 120+88 = 208/12===== 17.33333"

the 88 by 44 is the playing surfice the finall measurment you need is, you geussed it 17' 8" x 13' 3"

Scott Lee
06-08-2006, 02:07 PM
You can make an 8' fit in that space, but you'll need to move it closer to the wetbar and doors. You'll have one short area, where the wall angles near the end of the wet bar. You can get a shorter cue for shooting from that corner of the table. Since you're just an occasional recreational player (your words in another post), this wouldn't be too bad. I think the Costco table you're looking at only comes in 8'. If you were a serious player, I'd advise against this set up. Hope this helps...

Scott Lee

tjlmbklr
06-08-2006, 03:41 PM
My bad it is 17'4"x 13'8"

Early morning posts still waking up.