PDA

View Full Version : Pool in Portugal

Carlos_Portugal
06-09-2006, 03:41 AM
Hi, I'm a new menber of billiard digest and I want to talk to you abou pool in Portugal. I started my addiction on pool a year ago when i started playing in a cafe near my home. Quickly I get addicted and I decided to get a pool table. With a pool table in home, you really can improve your game but i had no one to taught me the secrets of thegme. SO, I start surfing on the net looking for sites about pool. I found a lot of sites, and thanks to my relaty knowledge about english, I could translate the information. I read different sites, saw different pints of view, learn new techinques and drills, speccially on Dr.Dave web site. With online instruction I quickly improved my game.But I want to ask you something. Do you haver played pool in portugal? In here, pockets are small and rail shots are impossible at hard speed. i realise this when I started to see international pool championships where the balls hit the rail and still are pocketed. I will send some videos of my table soon and then you will tell me your opinion about this. Thank you for reading.

Deeman3
06-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Carlos,

Welcome to the CCB. This site has many nice people and features. If you need to know something, just ask. Some items are in our archives. I have visited your country and am familiar with the tables you play on.

Best of luck and keep in touch.

Deeman

Bob_Jewett
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Carlos_Portugal:</font><hr>... played pool in portugal? In here, pockets are small and rail shots are impossible at hard speed. ... <hr /></blockquote>
Hi Carlos and welcome to CCB.

I was just in Porto in April (for billiards) and had a very good time.

I think the tables you have there must be for the British style of eight ball. Do you have sets of balls that are half reds and half yellows? (plus the black ball)

andrew
06-14-2006, 10:21 AM
mate you're not alone. The majority of people here know pool as 2" balls, small pockets and napped cloth. While frustrating, Australia is beginning to realise its not the international standard and the conversion is beginning to happen. The number of American tables here is growing exponentially likewise the players and the interest in the game. Some of us are just unfortunatley located to play the real thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hang in there.

Actually, I've been thinking about the countries that play reds and yellows. What happens when the IPT hits their TVs?

Waiting...

MrBomboko
10-07-2006, 06:21 PM
De onde és Carlos? Há imensos sítios por aqui que têm mesas americanas (em vez das "Tico-tico" comuns). Diz-me a tua zona e talvez te possa indicar um salão.