PDA

View Full Version : Bank Shot Drill

Carlos_Portugal
06-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Does anyone know a bank shot drill?
I want one that allows me to improve my game.
If I know one please tell me.

Billy_Bob
06-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Just line up a row of balls along the rail, each ball spaced about 5 inches apart and bank them in. You can have the balls frozen to the rail, then next move them out a couple of inches from the rail, and last drill a row of balls across the center of the table.

Also with a friend, you can play bank 8 ball where you must bank the 8 to win. Or even require that every shot must be a bank.

Scott Lee
06-11-2006, 09:12 AM
This is a reasonable facsimile of a bank exercise, except BB puts it backwards. The frozen balls are the toughest banks. Begin with the balls all along the long string, in the center of the table. Then progress to halfway between the center of the table and the side rail; then moving closer to the rail, and finishing with frozen rail banks.

Scott Lee

woody_968
06-11-2006, 01:39 PM
If you want to improve your banking, might I suggest getting a copy of "Banking With the Beard"? It is a great book with wonderful insights on banking, then work on the drills that have been mentioned.

walt8880
06-11-2006, 09:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> If you want to improve your banking, might I suggest getting a copy of "Banking With the Beard"? It is a great book with wonderful insights on banking, then work on the drills that have been mentioned. <hr /></blockquote>

Agreed!!