PDA

View Full Version : Christian Pool Association just started - CPPA!

preacherman
07-09-2002, 10:39 PM
Hi to all CCB members,
I just wanted to let you all know about a new Pool Association -
Christian Pool Players Association (FREE membership for now).

It is to show that Christianity and Pool can mix.
I hope it will be an encouragement to all. Just
here to help encourage people that Pool is not
wrong and to help the image of pool in the way I
believe will be effective.

Check out the site: www.geocities.com/pool4christ/ (http://www.geocities.com/pool4christ/)

P.S. - Dan don't worry about the neighborhood!
When I get out your way I look forward
to meeting you.

Jim (goproclaim@aol.com)

07-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Did anyone ever say that pool and cristianity don't mix? Unfortunately for you I also know that pool and hinduism mix and pool and satanism mix and even pool and gay people mix.

I have checked out your site and in another couple of years you may have enough cristians to fill a 32 player draw cristian pool tournament - I'll be eagerly waiting to see that on ESPN.

Religion preaches acceptance and practices exclusion as your little club demonstrates.

Ozzy8Ball

preacherman
07-09-2002, 11:12 PM
Not exclusion, just boundaries!
And many Christian do wonder if Christianity and Pool can
mix due to the what the Bible says about such activities as
drunkness, etc. Your not forced into doing anything against your will.
But if people can post about everything else under the sun,
why can't I mention Christianity?

Oh by the way for only have a Website
for 2 weeks we are doing quite well :-)

Fellow pool player, have a great day and
thank you for your honest input.

Jim (GoProclaim@aol.com)

07-09-2002, 11:56 PM
What does playing pool have to do with drunkness??

I think you cristians might have got a hold of incorrect rule book, no where in mine does it say you have to chug a beer after fouling.

There is obviously nothing about the game of pool that is against ANY religion (except maybe hindu's for the use of cow leather in the tips). Its hitting plastic balls together on a table! So whats the deal with your association??

Cheers - Ozzy8Ball

07-10-2002, 01:24 AM
although im not very religious myself I do not hold anything against any religion christianitly included... but one of the negative things that I find with many hardcore christian people I meet is the lack of ability to accept any other way.. this often leads to exlusion which to me is just another form of biggotry (spelled right?). Any pool club that would only cater to christians is nothing short of raciast. I dont think that is the image we want in pool.

Kato
07-10-2002, 06:45 AM
Preacherman. I applaud you on your effort to bring like thinking individuals together for times of fellowship and pool playing. I don't see it as exclusion I see it as a way for you to share your experiences with a group. Good for you.

Kato

preacherman
07-10-2002, 07:49 AM
Thank you for sharing. While we are forming a Christian Association (made up of Christian Pool Players) it is not meant to exclude other poolplayers, but quite the opposite.
It is to be around them in a positive way.

This week I'm driving about 90-120 minutes to give my moral support to a pool player who I know we don't see eye to eye on everything. Yet I want to be cheering this person on. Is that exclusion? If I'm every in your area, let's meet.

Thank you,
Jim

Wally_in_Cincy
07-10-2002, 08:05 AM
Read Tommy Kennedy's thoughts on this and you may get a new perspective.

http://www.azbilliards.com/tommykennedy/qanda.html

I applaud preacherman for his efforts.

preacherman
07-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Actually Tommy's site is one of the links on my site.
I have met Tommy and talked with him. He's a great guy.

Thanks for sharing,
Jim

Mr Ingrate
07-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Checked out your web site Preacherman. Found an interesting quote:

"In our plan and purpose as we grow stronger and more confident in Christ using us in pool/billiards, we will look and pray for opportunities to share Christ with the lost."

I am the lost. I am hiding out in the Pool Hall and I don't want to be found. Please don't go there looking for me. I don't want to share.

I really did enjoy one part of your web site. The pictures of J-Lo, Linda Cartllini, Charlize Theron, and Winona Ryder among others are a nice touch. Interestingly enough, Ms. Ryder played a lost soul in a movie of the same name.

On further reflection, if these are the lost souls you are after I may be a convert. Are you trying to interest them in a missionary position?

This, and the other myriad threads regarding your new organization, brings to mind the first few lines of the Pool Player's prayer:

It begins,

"The Lord is my stake-horse, I shall not lose."

Hopefully, the ever articulate, and witty, Lester will jump in and complete it as he did lo those many years ago.

preacherman
07-10-2002, 09:06 AM
I guess you could say God has given me a heart for pool players, so in a way that is my mission field (so to speak).
As for the pretty woman, all thanks goes to geocities. I don't control that they do. If I had a choice it wouldn't be there.

Have a good day and thank you for sharing.

Jim

07-10-2002, 09:26 AM
thanks... but i'll pass

07-10-2002, 01:08 PM
Will there be any young boys in this association?

07-10-2002, 02:08 PM
Cant resist stirring up the pot eh Brown. Hehe.
Hoppy

Michelle
07-10-2002, 02:32 PM
not that is just uncalled for.

preacherman
07-10-2002, 02:46 PM
Thank you Michelle for speaking back - Some people make it obvious they need help (i.e. Father Perv).

Jim

preacherman
07-10-2002, 03:04 PM
Christian Pool Players, I would like to hear more comments from you all too.

Be blessed and a Godly example!

Jim (GoProclaim@aol.com)
www.geocities.com/pool4Christ/ (http://www.geocities.com/pool4Christ/)

07-10-2002, 03:16 PM
Well, I think it's funny. Best laugh I've had today

07-10-2002, 03:21 PM
why would God be wasting his time on pool, when the big $$$ are in Golf? AND, don't expect to see him soon, in that frozen wasteland, or tundra, they call Canada

Q-guy
07-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Are you sometime soon going to contribute something to this board aside, from self promotion? Do you play? There are a number of threads you may chime in on. I am sure if you would like to discuss religion there are thousands of sites to visit. Here we discuses pool.

07-10-2002, 07:18 PM
man, that's a small congregation! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

preacherman
07-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Watch it grow in the next year. :-)
Our website only opened approx. 3 weeks ago.
Jim

preacherman
07-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Never a a waste of time to invest in people, it just happens for me it's Pool Players :-)

Jim

preacherman
07-10-2002, 08:14 PM
Well Q-guy I need to correct you on your statement.

I have 67 posts since April 2002, why don't you go through them and you'll find I do contribute to the board, I am not into self promotion (as you put it). A low percent of my questions or comments even mention Christianity.

You asked "Do you play?" Of course I play, though relatively new (less than a year). I also own a new 8' Brunswick (would be 9 footer if my house was bigger).
I play in a BCA League twice a year, do local tournaments (8-ball and 9-ball).

You said also "...Here we discuses pool." REALLY!?

I've also seen long threads on jokes, lesbianism, baseball, sex, people bashing, etc., AND pool!

What should I do with the many who are thankful for this post as approx. 646 have viewed it and only a handful have complained.

I'm here to talk Pool and CPPA is a "Pool" related discussion! Even if it mentions Christians!!!

Hope we can help each other out in future Postings.

Have a great day, hope to meet in person someday.

I'm in Atlanta if your ever over this way.

Jim (GoProclaim@aol.com)

07-10-2002, 09:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: preacherman:</font><hr> 646 have viewed it and only a handful have complained.

Jim (GoProclaim@aol.com)

don't get excited about those view numbers, they're misleading.

if one person views 10 posts in a thread then that's 10 viewings. if they were still doing viewings of individual posts then you'd get a better, and much smaller number.

dan

<hr></blockquote>

PQQLK9
07-10-2002, 09:22 PM
When the number reaches 666 will that be a sign that the devil is lurking.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Q-guy
07-10-2002, 09:38 PM
More like one half, at least be honest.

07-10-2002, 11:01 PM
:O)

preacherman
07-11-2002, 07:11 AM
Hi Dan,
I was wondering when I would hear from you.

Thanks for writing and sharing.

Jim :-)

Vicki
07-11-2002, 09:47 AM
Preacherman,

You have a tough audience here! I've read all of the posts so far and regret that you have so few people showing support for your Association. I disagree with all the arguments against you and your ministry. I feel that you and your Association have a valuable place in this industry and I will pray for your success, and for your critics. I am sure there are lots of people out there who are too self-conscious to show support. We will have to pray for them too.

By the way, I am not Christian... don't ever go to curch... don't read the bible... and don't pray until my ass is on fire but for this I am willing to make an exception :-)

I saw that you had a booth at the Super Billiards Expo. Do you plan to be at the BCA trade show? If so, I would love to meet you and have coffee.

Vicki

Retardo
07-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Religious people are so great!- The Hijackers were very religious weren't they?

07-11-2002, 10:26 AM
I go to pool rooms to shoot pool, not to be subjected to cheap religious exhibitionism. It's bad enough having to contend with loud stupid music, clouds of cigarette smoke, the roar of NASCAR on a big-screen TV behind the bar, and the racket of mindless hyperactive bangers: who needs another kind of crap? Please have the courtesy to keep it to yourselves. Hah--fat chance. ALAN SALMON

Scott Lee
07-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Vicki...That was Gospel Trick Shot Ministries booth that you saw in Valley Forge, not Jim's organization (CPPA). Different group altogether, but with similar views and goals.

Scott Lee

07-11-2002, 11:44 AM
thats all I have to say about this thread!

07-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Downtown has got it all wrong. The bigots are people like him who never pass up an opportunity to spew their venom against anything that is righteous and holy. Even those two words cannot be uttered in today's morally relativistic society without the godless media and the lost souls who follow them pouncing on the *intolerance* of those concepts.
News Flash: There is a right and wrong, and there is good and evil. And it's not relative. Kudos to the preacherman for forming his club and to his gentlemanly responses to the snide attacks from the godless drones.

07-11-2002, 11:14 PM
amen brother... now shut up and go molest another ten year old

preacherman
07-12-2002, 09:17 AM
You are obviously a SICK PERVERT, which makes it all the more clear that you are in NEED of a true experience with Jesus Christ.

God loves you sick and all,
Jim

preacherman
07-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Yes, I agree, but I don't consider myself religious.
I have a living really RELATIONSHIP with Christ -
Thus I am a CHRISTIAN (Christ follower).

Thanks for sharing!

Jim

07-12-2002, 09:37 AM
im a sick pervert??? lets do some math here... amount of times ive ever molested a child = 0 amount of times its been done by a priest 1000+ hmmmmm I guess I must be a perv then.