PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with the Dominican Republic?

Eric.
06-14-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm thinking about visiting. I've been told that Punta Cana is a good choice.

I'm looking for a spot that is a little rowdy and, of course, on the beach.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Barbara
06-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Eric,

My folks used to own a house in Casa De Campo off the 3rd fairway of the Links golf course. After 25 years, they sold it last year. Ahhh... the memories!

It is a beautiful island! Very few natural beaches, BTW. Punta Cana is a relatively new resort to the island. I've never been there but I know some people who have and they loved it!

If you go there you may not want to venture outside of the resort compound as the country is fairly poor and you'll get swamped by people begging you for money. Sorry to say that, but it's the way it is. We took a trip into Santo Domingo to go sightseeing one time (to see one of the many places where Columbus was buried!) and we weren't left alone for a minute.

The waters are clear and warm and the snorkeling is great! I would go back there, but now I'd have to pay for it! LOL!!

EDIT: BTW, when are you planning on going?

Barbara

Rich R.
06-14-2006, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I'm thinking about visiting. I've been told that Punta Cana is a good choice.

I'm looking for a spot that is a little rowdy and, of course, on the beach. <hr /></blockquote>
Eric, my wife, her sister and our nieces visited Punta Cana in April. They all loved it. They said it was great food, great drinks and great service. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Eric,
I don't know about Punta Cana except that my travel agent said it's a fun place. Maybe you might want to try Hedonism 3 in Jamaica. I wasn't there but many I've talked to all said that it is real rowdy. I stayed several miles away, while in Jamaica, and we could hear them sometimes. I'm still trying to convince Mrs. DG to go.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
06-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Eric,
I don't know about Punta Cana except that my travel agent said it's a fun place. Maybe you might want to try Hedonism 3 in Jamaica. I wasn't there but many I've talked to all said that it is real rowdy. I stayed several miles away, while in Jamaica, and we could hear them sometimes. I'm still trying to convince Mrs. DG to go.

DG

nAz
06-14-2006, 01:16 PM
watch out for them trepa palos. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cueball1950
06-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Isn't that where our own little Wendy is from if i am not mistaken...contact her maybe for some insight is what i would do................mike
Ps...can i hide in a suit case?

Eric.
06-15-2006, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the info everyone!

I forgot Wendy is Dominican, I'll PM her.

Eric

nAz
06-15-2006, 09:12 AM
the only Dominican she knows is in FT. Washington.

9 Ball Girl
06-15-2006, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> the only Dominican she knows is in FT. Washington. <hr /></blockquote>Actually, I don't personally know any Dominicans in the Hts.

Eric, I've never been to DR (it is on my list of places to go when I stop vacationing solely for pool next year). I do hear that Punta Cana is nice among tourist folks.

http://media.expedia.com/media/content/expus/graphics/maps/stores/DominicanRepublic.gif