PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day

Deeman3
06-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Father's Day. Remember to call your Dad if your lucky enough to have him still alive.

Deeman

dg-in-centralpa
06-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I work with my father so I see him everyday. This year will be more special as he was just diagnosed with something like Parkinsons only worse. Life expectancy maybe 5 years. Now we treasure each day more than ever.

DG

Deeman3
06-16-2006, 02:18 PM
DG,

Both of you should be thankful to get to work together. After all, it was not too long ago he could have lost you!

I have my real father and my step-father, both great men and I am fortunate to have both of them still with us. I am twice blessed.

Deeman

dg-in-centralpa
06-16-2006, 05:55 PM
We are thankful to work together, and my mother is my secretary as well. We do get into arguments, tho'.

DG

cueball1950
06-17-2006, 08:26 PM
thank you and a happy fathers day to all the fathers, step fathers out there...have a great day..i am heading to the mountains with the wife (finally talked her into going out) for a little short picnic. she loves the mountain air......mike

Gayle in MD
06-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi Mike,
I just wanted to say, I hope you two had a fabulous time! I think of you often...

A late Happy Father's Day to all.

I had a great Dad, and we played hockey when I was growing up, and the ponds would freeze over. He just walked in with skates for everyone one night. Life was full of surprises with a Dad like him.

We played golf together also. He was really a great golfer. I lost him in 97, and still miss him. He made our life together as a family everything one could hope for. We never knew what he was going to do. We woke up one morning and our back yard was filled with construction equipment. He was digging a swimming pool. Never mentioned it to anyone. It was 1954, and hardly anyone had pools in those days. My Mom had a fit. My little sister was a baby, and Mom was worried about having a pool with a toddler in the house. She was really mad that he hadn't consulted her. She refused to get into the pool for weeks and weeks. Soon after, we had one of the worst sultry hot summers ever. He came home from work, and my mom and my sisters and I, all of four of Mom's sisters, and all of my cousins were in the pool. I'll never forget him walking out back with his hands in his suit pockets, laughing his head off! "So, you're never getting in that pool, huh? So, tell me, how's the water?" I could write a book about my Dad. He was one of a kind, for sure! What a man. My parents had a great relationship, full of fun and laughter. We were all so lucky to have one another. I really miss them both.

Gayle in Md.