PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My table's cloth STINK's!

Plummerbutt
06-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Help me out guys and gals. I have a new house, new table, but the cloth stinks so bad its wrecking my "new room" atmosphere. Table was purchased new but was stored at a smokey pool room, along with the cloth, which has absorbed a very strong odor from cigarett smoke. As a family of none smokers, this is really bothering the whole family. Its the first thing you smell when entering the room.

Any suggestions?? I've thought about "Febreeze", but am cautious of ruining the grip/slip (ball control) of the cloth.

I know someone here can help and point me to something that will work. PLEAE HELP!!

Scott Lee
06-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Short of replacing the cloth, I think the Fabreeze idea is a good one. It doesn't harm other kinds of material, so I wouldn't think it would hurt your cloth either. Worst case, you'd just have to replace the bed cloth, which is pretty easy to do, for about $100.

Scott Lee

SPetty
06-18-2006, 01:08 PM
I think the Febreeze is a good idea for the cloth, but the smell may be in the entire table - it probably isn't just in the cloth. I know at times that my pool cue itself gets stinky from the smoke filled environments that we are sometimes forced to shoot in. So getting the stench out of the cloth may not fully get the stench out of the table. Good luck. Hope you got a good deal on the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Shooter
09-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I agree with Scott on the Febreeze, also try Arm & hammer Baking Soda, its been a long time remedy for kitty litter box, B/soda kills the urine smell, try sprinking it over the table , leave it on over night and Vac the next day and smell also Carpet fresh. Last refelt it.

kevinkins
09-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Wait a sec ...

Cant you complain to the people you bought it from - I would! Maybe get a lawyer.

If not there are companies that recover homes from flood and fire and smoke damage - maybe they can clean the table.

Kevin

Plummerbutt
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I now have that baby smelling like a rose! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif The Febreeze worked great. Used two "coats" and alittle elbow grease with the table brush and we're good to go. Thank you all!