PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tournament ---- Players Needed

Rich R.
06-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Below is the most current player list for the upcoming CCB Tournament.

Many of you know, we use a unique format and we need a minimum of 20 players to make it work. As you can see, as of now, we only have 11 registered players.

For those who donít know, we run this tournament every year on the last Saturday of the U.S. Open and it is held at Q-Master Billiards. The tournament is meant to be fun and to give CCB members a chance to meet other members face to face. We start around 10am and we try to finish well before the start of the evening session of the Open.

We use a round robin, scotch doubles, format and we change partners for every round.
There is no entry fee and Barry Behrman and Q-Master Billiards have been very generous in providing us with free table time for our tournaments.

The winner and second place finisher will receive beautiful trophies, handmade by Brian in VA.

We also have a free raffle for all CCB members playing in the tournament and we have had some great prizes in the past, including professional lessons and cue sticks.

I encourage anyone who is going to be at the U.S. Open to join us for this tournament. I guarantee you will meet some great people and have a good time.

If you have friends, register them on the CCB and enter them in the tournament also. If they donít want to be a member of CCB, we usually need some alternate players, so register them as alternates and bring them along, but non CCB members will not be eligible for the prizes.

Anyone interested, please send a PM to 9 Ball Girl and ask her to add you to the tournament players list. Put the words, ďCount Me InĒ in the subject of your PM.

I hope we can get enough players to continue this annual tournament. If not, maybe I have to ask, has this tournament run its course? I hope it will continue.

*Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2.dg-in-centralpa
3.Mrs_DG
4.RichR
5.cueball1950
6.sack316
7.Brian-in-VA
8.JMD in VA
9.Eric.
10.ARJ
11.PhilSoFla

Eric.
06-19-2006, 10:27 AM
You know poolplayers, Rich /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sure there are gonna be a bunch of stragglers as we get closer.

Eric

dg-in-centralpa
06-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Rich, Both Mrs. DG and I had a blast last year. That was our first time in the tournament and we both enjoyed the camaraderie. Hope to see everyone there.

DG

9 Ball Girl
06-19-2006, 01:43 PM
You read my mind!

<font color="red">We're just about</font color> <font color="blue">98 days away from the U.S. Open (http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/)</font color><font color="red"> and you all know what that means</font color> .

CCB 5 Tourney

When: Saturday, September 30, 2006
Where: Q-Master Billiards in The Green Room (first 3 pictures in the 3rd row on page 1)
Time: Warmup starts at 10 AM, quickie Player's Meeting at 11 AM, Play starts after
Format: Round Robin Scotch Doubles (not Jack and Jill)
We'll use between 6-8 tables and the tournament should be over no later than 6PM.

*Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2.dg-in-centralpa
3.Mrs_DG
4.RichR
5.cueball1950
6.sack316
7.Brian-in-VA
8.JMD in VA
9.Eric.
10.ARJ
11.Phil SoFla

*For CCB posters only! If we need more players, than we'll be able to add friends, etc.

PM me with Count Me In! in the subject line if you'd like to play in the tourney. Also, if you're interested in donating a little something toward our CCB 5 Tourney, PM me too.

<font color="red">CCB Tourney Raffle Prizes</font color>
To Be Announced

<font color="red">CCB Dinner</font color>

Where: To Be Announced (Unless you all want to go to the Yukon Steak House again which I don't have a problem with)
When: Friday, September 29, 2006
Time: Meet at 5 PM in the lobby of the Holiday Inn. Reservations will be for 5:30 PM.

The Fourth Annual CCB Tourney--Circa 9/24/05

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid188/p6c0d3735fd5b4fe7ddec2e5eea37d20b/f21a7525.jpg

CCB 4 Champion - thecardman (Peter)
CCB 4 Runnerup - MikeM (Mike)

Wendy&lt;---lands in Norfolk on Monday the September 25th...Dishaw 36 /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
06-20-2006, 03:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> You know poolplayers, Rich /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sure there are gonna be a bunch of stragglers as we get closer. <hr /></blockquote>
Eric, I hope your right.

The reason for my concern is, I went back and checked last years list and, at this time, we had 17 players registered. However, in all honesty, not all of those 17 showed up for the tournament.

There are certainly a few regulars, who I'm hoping to see on the list soon.
They know who they are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I am just hoping that we can get the required 20, or more, players to continue this tournament. I think we have all enjoyed it through the years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
06-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Bump. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thecardman
06-28-2006, 01:28 AM
I cannot stress this enough to anyone thinking about playing in the CCB Tournament at this year's US Open.

<font color="red">PLAY!!! It is a great day and something that you will not forget for a long time!!!</font color>

As I've said a few times before in similar threads, I am really bummed that I can't be there this year as I had sooo much fun at last year's event. Winning it was nice, the trophey even nicer, but it is the people that will stick in my head for a long, long time to come - our esteemed Mayor handing me my little momento for being a first-timer (still got it attatched to my cue case!), the countless practice racks against Phil_In_SoFla, lunch afterwards with WesK, MikeM and the others (I can't remember their names! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif ), Rich and Cath running the tournament with military precision and still finding the time to have fun and, of course, the one and only 9BallGirl! And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

So, don't be shy - send 9BallGirl a PM and let her know that you are up for playing - and all being well, I'll see you all in 2007.

Best wishes

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ARJ
06-28-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm going to bump this thread back up real quick. I've played in this tournament since it's inception and I can guarantee it's ALL about the people, not about winning and losing. I've been lucky enough to play with and against a bunch of members of this board. If you think it's fun chatting online, try doing it for real.

See you guys end of September.

ARJ

9 Ball Girl
06-29-2006, 02:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thecardman:</font><hr>and, of course, the one and only 9BallGirl!<hr /></blockquote> That's right! And for the first place winner I would like to donate an autographed glossy black &amp; white 8 1/2 x 11 photo of myself wearing my 9 Ball Girl hat.

Wearing ONLY my 9 Ball Girl hat. This is only part of the picture:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/p387d31a04fe2f7ac7a8a3c15db2f3e9d/f17fa3a1.jpg
If that doesn't get any names than I don't know what will!

And lets not forget! We still have to decide where we going to go for dinner on Friday, 9.29.06!

9 Ball Girl
06-29-2006, 02:03 PM
12.pooldaddy9 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Must have been the picture. LOL

DG - can't wait 'til the Open

Harold Acosta
06-29-2006, 04:45 PM
If enough players don't show up, how about a round robin format? Everyone gets to play with each other...

Still undecided for this year.....King of the Caribbean in Curacao or the US Open?

Rich R.
06-29-2006, 07:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> If enough players don't show up, how about a round robin format? Everyone gets to play with each other...

Still undecided for this year.....King of the Caribbean in Curacao or the US Open? <hr /></blockquote>
Harold, thanks for the suggestion. Although we are hoping to get enough players to run our usual tournament, my wife and I are investigating some alternatives.
We will have a CCB Tournament, regardless of how many players we have.
It just may be a different format, but, we will have fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
06-29-2006, 08:18 PM
hi my double sweet wendy... please put me down fon audrick cue , plus the silver dollar that goes with the trophy. plus i will have a couple of other cues i need to get refinished i can give..........................mike

Harold Acosta
06-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey Mike, I still have that Schmelke Cue you gave me in 2004. It now has a phenolic tip and serves as my breaking cue. I also have the Ride-the-9 Polo Shirt. Well kept and hardly used except for special occasions. Thanks for those wonderful gifts...

Brian in VA
06-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Wendy,
Finally a reason for me to play well!

Brian in VA - won't let anyone else see the photo!

ras314
07-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Darn it, I have been really wanting to go this year but the trip is a long one for me. Have to re-evaluate my piorities. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thecardman
07-01-2006, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Wearing ONLY my 9 Ball Girl hat. This is only part of the picture:<hr /></blockquote>

Now, does the reigning champion get a copy of this pic, too??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Get your names in for the tourney!!!

Best wishes

Peter (aka thecardman)
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
07-10-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm bumping this up again. We still need players. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif