PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Gold Crown II Pricing

GC_II
06-22-2006, 06:33 AM
I am looking at a 9' Gold Crown II w/ ball return. I am told that the condition is VG (I plan on checking it out to determine this for myself). The package includes new simonis cloth with choice of color, accessories package and delivery/ setup. The downside is that the skirts are salmon colored. Does the price of $2300 sound like a deal? Just want some opinions.

Thanks

Billy
06-22-2006, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GC_II:</font><hr> I am looking at a 9' Gold Crown II w/ ball return. I am told that the condition is VG (I plan on checking it out to determine this for mayself). The package includes new simonis cloth with choice of color, accessories package and delivery/ setup. The downside is that the skirts are salmon colored. Does the price of $2300 sound like a deal? Just want some opinions.

Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

unless someone painted the skirts I've never a seen a GC II other than the standard brown stain. GCI had a bright blue and a tangerine colored skirt?

overall its a bargain though if the equipment,set up, and simonis comes with it. I think I'd go with it if in good condition

jmo

Eric.
06-22-2006, 07:45 AM
If it's in good shape, includes Simonis and set up (delivery too?) then that is a very fair price.

I wouldn't worry too much about the skirt and return box clor, you can easily paint them. The skirts come off easily.

Make sure you play on the table before you buy it. See if you like the way it plays. Also, you may want to buy some new rails before assembly.

Eric

Scott Lee
06-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Don't know where you are located, but there is fellow in Greenville, SC liquidating his poolroom, and selling GC III's with simonis, and a Diamond light, for $1500. You have to pick it up though.

Scott Lee

GC_II
06-22-2006, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Don't know where you are located, but there is fellow in Greenville, SC liquidating his poolroom, and selling GC III's with simonis, and a Diamond light, for $1500. You have to pick it up though.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the tip. Now if only a deal like that would come about in the Chicagoland area.

cueball1950
06-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Just for informational purposes t6he owner of the room where i play has the older colored skirting that someone else had mentioned. he has blue, orange,yellow and another color i can't remember. when he sold 1 of his tables for a little extra he sanded them down to bare wood and stained the skirting to look just like a new gold crown. so atleast now you know that the color can be changed.with a little elbow grease and sweat to make it look better.........mike

GC_II
06-23-2006, 05:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote GC_II:</font><hr> I am looking at a 9' Gold Crown II w/ ball return. I am told that the condition is VG (I plan on checking it out to determine this for myself). The package includes new simonis cloth with choice of color, accessories package and delivery/ setup. The downside is that the skirts are salmon colored. Does the price of $2300 sound like a deal? Just want some opinions.

Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

unless someone painted the skirts I've never a seen a GC II other than the standard brown stain. GCI had a bright blue and a tangerine colored skirt?

overall its a bargain though if the equipment,set up, and simonis comes with it. I think I'd go with it if in good condition

jmo <hr /></blockquote>

Is anyone able to confirm whether or not the GC II ever had painted side skirts? Or was that only available on GC I? Historical resources for these tables are few and far between. Between the GC I &amp; II are there any features between the two that would make one more valuable than the other?

Thanks.

mattman
06-26-2006, 07:39 AM
I have, what I always thought to be a GCIII and it had the painted bright blue blinds and legs. I stripped all the paint and stained it with an oak finish. It came out looking great. That deal, as forementioned, on ebay for $1500 is a great deal.