PDA

View Full Version : cue info plz? i need help

tyeral_dup1
06-24-2006, 12:24 AM
ok everybody here is my delema...ive been serching around for a cue recently and to me the price does not matter... i dont want to go as far as looking at custom cues because i believe that im not worthy of playing with a completely hand made cue just yet..there are 2 cue names that i was looking at untill later years and that would be either........
mezz or schon

everyone in the pool hall i grew up in loves schon cues..me personaly i love them too but ive shot with a mezz once before and i love its hit aswell..i dont realy like alot of the schon designes and too me the cue i want i want the design to reflect the way i am and mezz seems 2 offer that sort of well "character" that i am looking for but there is hardly any information on them and i have been serching for months...now my question 2 all of you is what do you think i should choose and if possible could you give me some of the information on mezz cues i have been looking for..i want any information on them i can get..it would be greatly appreciated thanks for those who help me out and i will be watchin my post closly good luck schooting

matt

Rich R.
06-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I don't know a lot about Mezz cues from personal experience, but they are an Asian based production cue, similar to many others.

I would imagine that their quality, as in many production cues, would vary from cue to cue.
Here is their web site.
http://www.miki-mezz.com/english/index.html

If you are really interested in a cue design that reflects your character, and money doesn't really matter, you should definitely talk to a good custom cue maker, and have a cue designed just for you. In that case, you will have a design that you like and you won't walk into a pool room where there are 5 more of the same mass produced model.

Ideally, it would be nice if you could hit with a cue, from a maker you are considering, either at the cue makers shop or the cue of a friend.

You don't say what area you are in, but if you live anywhere near the location of one of the large billiard expos, they are excellent places to start.

If there is a cue maker in your area, whose work you like, I highly recommend you deal with them, so you can visit the shop and work out a design in person. If you don't have a cue maker in your area, I'm sure you can deal with one over the phone and work things out.

If you talk to a cue maker, and can't work something out, don't worry. There are many more and it may take several tries before you find the cue maker for you.

The roster of the American Cuemakers Association is a great place to start looking for a custom cue maker.
http://www.cuemakers.org/aca-rstr.htm

BTW, don't worry about your skill level not being worthy of playing with a custom cue. There are many of us, who have some very nice custom cues, and can't play a lick. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have the nice cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ryushen21
06-24-2006, 07:36 AM
I have to say that i find this kind of interesting because i shoot with a Mezz and hardly anyone around here has ever heard of them so i describe them as the Japanese equivalent of a Schon.

That being said, I have been shooting with my Mezz for about 5 months now and I absolutely love it. As far as quality is concerned, they are both very good quality production cues. Mezz is a little more on the cutting edge design wise. The reason that i bought the cue that i did was because i had been in love with the design for a long time and it hit great. And one of the great things about Mezz, at least in my area, is that no one has them. But everyone has a Schon. So it does add some degree of uniqueness.

The previous poster gave you the website so i won't post that again. But he did give you some good advice. If money is not a factor and you have a design in mind, then it would definitely be a good idea to get in touch with a custom maker. I wouldn't look at it as a matter of being worthy, it's a matter of being happy. If you are going to make a significant investment in a cue, you should be able to get exactly what you want in a cue. If you can get that from a production cue great, but if not, don't be afraid to go to a custom maker and get our dream cue.

tyeral_dup1
06-26-2006, 07:29 PM
i would like to thank you guys for the help.. expecially the website to mez cues that helped alot...more information would be nice but as of now i am happy..i almost have my decision made

thanks much
matt