PDA

View Full Version : Great 9 ball practice

sofy60
06-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Today I played some rotation pool. Which I guess is like 9 ball but with all 15 balls. After a few racks I realized how barren and empty the table seems when I would get down to 7-8 balls left on the table. And how much easier it got. After 10 racks of rotation I played some nine ball and the whole table seemed empty to me. Like all the balls were missing. Tons of room to move around and even room for error. Rotation pool makes nine ball easier in my opinion. It makes the last 6 in nine ball look like the last 2 if you play it enough. Maybe its just phsychological. But there maybe something to it.

Sid_Vicious
06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
I think rotaion would be a great distraction from std 8. It would kind of reduce much of the relentless avenues opening up for good but not great players who get out of line but still have many other of his suit to realign upon. I like the idea...sid

Bumps
06-27-2006, 02:17 PM
LOL! Rotation is a favorite game in the Phillipines and Efren used to practice it before major 9 ball tournaments. Watched him and Allen Hopkins square off with Hopkins getting the 15 after the break for $200 a game. Allen lost.

bsmutz
06-27-2006, 03:12 PM
In my opinion, rotation is a great game for learning how to kick and bank. It sure is easy to bury a ball early on.

marek
06-29-2006, 03:53 AM
Yeah, rotation pool is great for building confidence in your position play and it requires lots of skill. And it is definitelly great practice before 9ball tournament.