PDA

View Full Version : Zero Fun Watching And Not Playing

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
I went to the league match last night as a non player, the PH did not give any extra practice tables besides the match tables, I have decided it just ain't no fun sitting and watching games played when there's no chance of hitting a ball other than buying time on another table, in a PH which is alien in most all reguards. Something about having a case with all the hardware to compete or play, and then being nailed to a chair and never pulling a cue. No real reason for the post other than to vent the frustration. Team support is important, yet I'm going to be hesitant to show up again and basically...have zero fun for hours...sid

pooltchr
06-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Sid,
I agree. I have been a tournament director. Arrive at a pool room at 11AM on a Saturday and stay until 2AM on a Sunday and never hit a ball...it's actually a lot like work!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Steve

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2006, 11:58 AM
It had exactly that atmosphere now that you mentioned it. Felt like losing time when there were other things more fun to do, especially being that I could spit and hit any one of two pool tables, but not play. At least the job doesn't tease me /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif sid

DickLeonard
07-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Sid I had a friend play an extra in the Movie Iron Weed filmed in Troy. He sat at a bar for 10 hours and never got a drink. He said he would never do that again.####