PDA

View Full Version : Shaft won't screw on?

crice9
07-02-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm looking for some expert help. I purchased a high end ebony and ivory Mike Sigel cue from a collector. The guy who sold it to me never even screwed the shafts on. That now my problem. One of the shafts will screw on with great difficulty and the other one will only go on about half way. At half way, it's almost impossible to get the shaft back off. I know that the shafts are for this cue, as there is very distinctive matching ring work and it was the only Sigel cue that this guy owned. This cue originally sold for over $3000, so it's hard to believe that the shafts don't fit??? I've sent emails to the address on Mike Sigel's website, but have not seen a response. I don't know if with the IPT thing he's doing if he's even monitoring the site any more.
I was going to try some dry graphite lubricant, but don't know it that's a bad idea.
If any of you have the expertise to give me some ideas, I'd appreciate it.
Hope you all have a great 4th weekend.
Chris

tjlmbklr
07-02-2006, 08:49 AM
I had this same issue with a 314 shaft I bought for my Josey. That has a Radial pin. I actually was forcing the shaft so much, that now I here small crackling noise in the pin area. Here is a post from a diferent website that explains a lot.

New cue too tight. (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=32974&highlight=shaft+tight)

crice9
07-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Thank you for the link to post with the same question as mine. I really appreciate your help.
Regards,
Chris

BLACKHEART
07-02-2006, 07:47 PM
DON'T PUT ANYTHING ON THE THHREADS OR THE SCREW. You need to take it to a cuemaker or repairman & have them retap the threads in the shafts...JER

wolfdancer
07-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Jerry, what if they try some soft music, candlelight, and that new KY warming lotion?

Sid_Vicious
07-03-2006, 08:50 AM
My cue cases have already begun to unzip themselves /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif sid

crice9
07-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Renee Sigel responded for Mike Sigel and suggested that I use a little wax. He apparently cuts the shafts for a tight fit. A little bees wax and a lot of time, slowly threading a little further each time did the trick. Both shaft now thread all the way on and I'm able to take them off.
Thanks for all of the suggestions, I especially like the warming KY one. I assume that what the author uses on on his "tight" cue. Must be pretty lonely. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif